A couple questions on Games for Windows

mobster011

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
1. Do Games for Windows have achievements?

2. If I buy Thrillville Off the Rails (or any other game for that matter) off of eBay, is there some verification code that can only be used once that might prohibit me from playing?

Any Games for Windows Live game, will guaranteed have achievements. On just plain Game for Windows games, most do not.

If it just says Games For Windows on it (like Thrillville off the rails does) it really doesn't mean anything, usually these games have support for 360 controllers but that's about it. It's mostly just a logo to show that the games run on Windows (compared to Mac). If the games says Games For Windows Live then it has achievements (like Fallout 3).

[quote name='RockMySocks10']If it just says Games For Windows on it (like Thrillville off the rails does) it really doesn't mean anything, usually these games have support for 360 controllers but that's about it. It's mostly just a logo to show that the games run on Windows (compared to Mac). If the games says Games For Windows Live then it has achievements (like Fallout 3).[/QUOTE]

Actually there is a requirement list that a game has to meet to a "games for windows live" game. Not any game for windows can have the label. As you mentioned, have support for the 360 controller is one of them. If a game doesn't include support for the 360 controller it can still be made for windows, but it can't have the games for windows banner.

does anyone know how to unlink a games for windows live game from your account?
or is that not possible?
specifically gears of war

[quote name='vherub']does anyone know how to unlink a games for windows live game from your account?
or is that not possible?
specifically gears of war[/QUOTE]

I am wondering this as well. I want to unlink my copy of Fallout 3 so i can sell it and pick up the GOTY edition with all that tasty DLC.

I'm kinda doubting that this can happen though. Steam doesn't let you unlink your games, why would microsoft let you do such a thing?

bread's done
Back