A decent LCD tv for $300-$400?

Why_So_Serious

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I could go a little over budget and get the Samsung LN22A450 22' set, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions?

I'm upgrading from a 19' tube tv with mono speaker and composite inputs.

Anything not in widescreen on a 22" will be a mere 18" in 4:3 mode. I wouldn't waste the $$$ on something so small. Save your cash up and look into a Samsung LED DLP, the're the best you can get for gaming. No more replacing bulbs on the new LED versions, no color wheel, no image retention, no burn-in, no jutter....

The ONLY thing that is not as good as LCD or plasma is the viewing angle. Other than that, a LED DLP is better in evey way imaginable.

Mmm, how about the 26 inch Panasonic TC-26LX85? It's got very good hi-def, excellent standard def and dvd, and a very good viewing angle and good sound quality for about $600.

Might even be worth waiting for it to go on sale.

I have another little question. It's about the Bill Me Later option on Amazon. I have almost $100 in gift card money so would that apply to my order or would the Bill Me Later charge me for the full amount instead? I've never used this service before so I'm not sure what they do.

go to Kmart and find that Legendary 32" Sony Bravia 720P LCD for $180 =p. But if you're looking around 22-26" it shouldn't be hard to find one at that price range. Costco alway have low prices on Vizios, check bestbuy for their Labor day sale. I just saw on the ad some decent deal but forgot sorry.

[quote name='luan87us']go to Kmart and find that Legendary 32" Sony Bravia 720P LCD for $180 =p. But if you're looking around 22-26" it shouldn't be hard to find one at that price range. Costco alway have low prices on Vizios, check bestbuy for their Labor day sale. I just saw on the ad some decent deal but forgot sorry.[/quote]
What? $180? Is this a YMMV clearence? I must know!!!

[quote name='MikeHoncho']What? $180? Is this a YMMV clearence? I must know!!![/quote]
it's not YMMV, it's the model from last year black friday sale lol. But as you might know Kmart is kinda dying no one goes there for electronic stuff too often so some of them have left over. Don't be confuse with the newer model of the same size Sony 32" Bravia it's still at $699, this one is one of the RARE TREASURE a CAG can find =). I haven't borthered to go find it myself yet but I know there won't be any for me lol. But try your luck XD if you go to the video game deal forum and look in Kmart clearance thread you might be able to find the product model to help you simplify your quest.

[quote name='melodika']there is a 32" Olevia lcd hdtv on sale this week at target for $479. i own one and it works fine for me.[/quote]
I've had a 32" Olevia LCD HDTV since April 2007. I can vouch for its quality. I have been more than pleased with it.

I bought this today and it seemed like a decent deal..

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Sear...&keyword=T220&searchSection=All&go.x=0&go.y=0

I plan on using it as a monitor eventually but for now it will be used for playing DVDs in my bedroom. I bought some cables to be able to hook my 360 up to it through VGA. I also had to buy some speakers but I was going to do this anyway when I build my new computer. You guys know of any deals on a TV tuner though?

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']I could go a little over budget and get the Samsung LN22A450 22' set, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions?

[/QUOTE]

Today I found the Samsung LN22A450 at Circuit City for $350. I used the $40 off $199 and up coupon that is posted in the Video Game Deals forum with no problems (the cashier scanned the coupon, then handed it back to me). The television ended up costing $340 after tax and California recycling fee. So, you can get the TV that you want for well within your price range.

Last July, I bought an Olevia 327V 27" LCD from Frys.com, it was $330 after shipping and tax. The television has not disappointed, except for the lack of working Dish Network remote control codes. Other than that, I highly recommend it.

bread's done
Back