A Deeper look at...Transformers: Matrix of Leadership Replica! [not 56k safe]

youruglyclone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
Art Asylum decided to craft and sell a replica of a relic from some obscure animated movie from the 80's. In an attempt to lure what little fanbase the this movie garnered to buy this, they've limited the run to about 1000. It retails for about $150, so some of us will be eating ramen for a while. but enough of a back story. Here's some photos

Box

DSCN0121.jpg

DSCN0122.jpg

DSCN0123.jpg

Certificate of Authenticity

DSCN0124.jpg

Crafted by a Robert 7. Yee...you know the population problem in China is bad when people have to resort to using numbers as a middle name*

Matrix on the Base

DSCN0126.jpg

DSCN0128.jpg

Key to Vector Sigma and the Light-up Stand

DSCN0129.jpg

DSCN0130.jpg

One of the features of this statuette is that if you put the key of vector sigma on the back of the unit...it glows a variety of colors.

Here's a video of the glow
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqWrhvTs1aI[/media]

So the big question remains...will opening the Matrix "Light our Darkest Hour"?

I'll let the video speak for itself.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdSNlY20vFk[/media]

In conclusion

Pros
-If you have no desire to procreate, take pride in displaying this next to your master chief helmet...guaranteed sex deterrent!
-It's a pretty sturdy replica, and it has enough weigh to it that if you drop it, it won't shatter.
-If it remains to the 1000 unit production run, this could be a pricey collectable in the back market.

Cons
-Doesn't Light my Darkest Hour...but then the last transformers quiz I took said I was "Ultra Magnus"...whatever that means
-Key to Vector Sigma feature seems tacked on...

All and all, it's a nice diversion, and it's one hell of a conversation piece for all the nerds and geeks in your life. I'd recommend it as a buy...but I'm sure the rabid fanboys have snatched them all up.

now if I can only find a chain so I can rock it around my neck like galvatron...

Thanks for reading.

*It's ok...I'm Chinese

[quote name='youruglyclone']
-If it remains to the 1000 unit production run, this could be a pricey collectable in the back market.
[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry about that, Diamond is pretty good about actually limiting their busts and recreations.

bread's done
Back