A few good $9.99 drops at GameCrazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
This is not ymmv.. these titles are 9.99 new, 7.99 used.. 7.19 with mvp;

Infinite Undiscovery (x360) (this had dropped 2 weeks ago, went back up.. went down again)
Lair (ps3)
Lego Batman (wii, x360, ps3)
Lego Indiana Jones (wii,360, ps3)
Mercenaries 2 (360, ps3)
Samba De Amigo (Wii)
Too Human (360)

Last edited by a moderator:
Too Human..? yea or nay?? it has to be worth at least $7.19, right??? i mean well is it?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Is that a question or a statement?!

Too Human is worth $10. If you liked every part of Diablo/Diablo 2/Hack n Slash RPGs and you can get past a few annoyances (the camera, which isn't even that bad) and understand that the game wants you to learn how to avoid taking damage... You'll get alot of hours out of it.

I paid $15 and have gotten around 40 hours out of it. The demo on XBL/PSN also has a glitch that lets you play all 6 characters if you want, just youtube it. There isn't much difference in the characters until level 10+ though.

Man those Lego games drop in price so fast, that's why I just always wait to pick them up. Hopefully my GameCrazy has Lego Batman.

Thanks Scorch.

I might bite on Mercenaries 2 for that price. I had wanted it when it came out, but the demo sort of turned me off. Still $10 might be worth it for a couple of hours of blowing stuff up.

When I worked at CircuitCity,I picked up Too Human for $9 through Microsoft's Expertzone. It's worth at least that; it's a somewhat mindless Diablo kinda hack-n-slash with a few frustrating bits(namely, the resurrection cut-scene you have to sit through whenever you die). Fairly fun otherwise though, I like the insane amount of loot you can pick up but then the menus are kind of a pain to navigate. I expected A LOT worse from everything I had heard. I've yet to try co-op though, I would expect the fun factor to get better with a friend or two.

[quote name='drmuerto']I might bite on Mercenaries 2 for that price. I had wanted it when it came out, but the demo sort of turned me off. Still $10 might be worth it for a couple of hours of blowing stuff up.[/QUOTE]

I bought it for $10 and it wasn't really worth it. Seriously.

I would definitely grab Mercenaries 2 and LEGO Batman (and Infinite Undiscovery if I didn't pick it up during the last b2g1 GS sale) if there was a GC in the Boston area or had an online store :(

For $10, I can't say no to Lego Batman. Even though those games are almost all identical, they're still ridiculously fun.

Since I saw the $9.99 price for Infinite Undiscovery in a different thread yesterday, I stopped in my local GC and saw an $18.99 sticker on it. I asked the employees to double-check it, and they looked in the computer and confirmed it was correct. Scorch, any idea why this might be the case, since as you said it's not supposed to be YMMV?

[quote name='trax']Since I saw the $9.99 price for Infinite Undiscovery in a different thread yesterday, I stopped in my local GC and saw an $18.99 sticker on it. I asked the employees to double-check it, and they looked in the computer and confirmed it was correct. Scorch, any idea why this might be the case, since as you said it's not supposed to be YMMV?[/QUOTE]I believe I read in the other GC thread that the sale for that game ended and it went back up in price.

Edit

[quote name='Scorch']Infinite Undiscovery did indeed go back up in price. I'll remove it from the list. I was mad about it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Indiana Jones']When are they going to make Lego Sin City? :)[/QUOTE]

Now theres a Lego game id pay full price for. CAG cred be damned!

[quote name='Dissolve']Wait, so is Infinite Undiscovery down or up?[/QUOTE]I believe it went down, then back up (quote from my previous post) and now back down today.

Edit

[quote name='Scorch']Infinite Undiscovery (x360) (this had dropped 2 weeks ago, went back up.. went down again)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='trax']Since I saw the $9.99 price for Infinite Undiscovery in a different thread yesterday, I stopped in my local GC and saw an $18.99 sticker on it. I asked the employees to double-check it, and they looked in the computer and confirmed it was correct. Scorch, any idea why this might be the case, since as you said it's not supposed to be YMMV?[/QUOTE]

I ran into this same problem with both Lego games for the 360. They were either 18.99 or 19.99 and Lego indy was 9.99 used. Maybe the deal isn't 100% ready in all systems yet, though she did tell me that her system was updated for the day.

[quote name='donburns99']I believe it went down, then back up (quote from my previous post) and now back down today.
[/QUOTE]
"Infinite Undiscovery: Yo-Yo Edition" apparently. Maybe I'll check back in a day or two.

as i said, ID WAS 9.99, went back up to 18.99, then dropped to 9.99 again this morning.

these prices are only good through august 28.

for you with kiddos, all the ener-g games on the ds, imagine figure skater, imagine rock star, gourmet chef and petz dogz fashion are also part of this 9.99 sale.

damn... is the sale today or does my game crazy just have incompetent workers? I went this afternoon, and they said the sale doesn't start till tomorrow....

i have to go back tomorrow now...

[quote name='Scorch']good god, have them scan it. prices dropped today.[/QUOTE]

oh well.... too late now.... ill give them hell tomorrow.

[quote name='the_grimace']damn... is the sale today or does my game crazy just have incompetent workers? [/QUOTE]

It's GameCrazy, do you really have to ask? ;)

[quote name='Scorch']as i said, ID WAS 9.99, went back up to 18.99, then dropped to 9.99 again this morning.

these prices are only good through august 28.

for you with kiddos, all the ener-g games on the ds, imagine figure skater, imagine rock star, gourmet chef and petz dogz fashion are also part of this 9.99 sale.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info. I'll check again today.

yeah, the b1g1 50% off started today too. i didnt mention it bc i thought itd be too big of a hassle to get employees at your stores educated about it. lol. too human and lego batman for $12 isn't bad (7.99 used, 50% off used = $3.99)

Is scanning any different than looking up the game by name? I know labeled prices are not always what is in the system. But when someone types in the name and finds the game in the system and says yes we have x copies for 19.99, it seems like they already "checked" the system. I also know though, that at times, prices don't have the sale price applied until "total" or something like that is pressed.

thanks for the heads up. they are also doing a b1g1 half off used right now so i got lego indy, lego batman, and a new infinite undiscovery for $23.xx after tax.

Bleh i picked up a copy of lego batman and when I got home I noticed its not the original cover art, but one they printed up. Sucks

I once again really wish that there was a gamecrazy near me. Been to one once in hagerstown md. All I've got is gamestop and they only leave me alone when I come in wearing a suit and tie.

Picked up

Lego Batman 360 7.99
Mercenaries 2 360 3.99
GTA IV SE 24.99

question for SCORCH or anyone else that used gamecrazy transfer feature

I am having a game transfered from another state to my local Gamecrazy, They had me pay a $6 ship fee, and gave me a receit...thats all...I ask him a ETA...he had no clue, nor did he know if the game was in good condition or even if that store in the next state had it for sure, other then what the computer says...its an older GC game. Whats the process? do they call me? or what, cause this employee was clueless....he had no clue about any GC promotions

Man, I really wish Game Crazy had an online inventory listing like GameStop. I'd go there so much more often.

[quote name='drmuerto']I might bite on Mercenaries 2 for that price. I had wanted it when it came out, but the demo sort of turned me off. Still $10 might be worth it for a couple of hours of blowing stuff up.[/QUOTE]

I HATED the Mercenaries 2 demo. I downright despised the game. But I picked it up at the HWV sale for $5 and I like it a lot now. Good good fun. I'd say it's worth $10. For sure.

[quote name='Poor2More']Picked up

Lego Batman 360 7.99
Mercenaries 2 360 3.99
GTA IV SE 24.99

question for SCORCH or anyone else that used gamecrazy transfer feature

I am having a game transfered from another state to my local Gamecrazy, They had me pay a $6 ship fee, and gave me a receit...thats all...I ask him a ETA...he had no clue, nor did he know if the game was in good condition or even if that store in the next state had it for sure, other then what the computer says...its an older GC game. Whats the process? do they call me? or what, cause this employee was clueless....he had no clue about any GC promotions[/QUOTE]

the 1st time this took 3 freaking months
the 2nd time it was about a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back