a few pretty good deals at amazon.com

fmobliv06

CAG Veteran
i haven't seen any posts about this, but i'm on amazon right now and i noticed that CoD 4's on sale for $49.99 (as opposed to 59.99) and NCAA March Madness 08 is on sale for $25 (instead of 49.99.) these deals both refer to the 360 and PS3 editions of the games only.

EDIT: and for all of you DS owners, Prof. Layton is on sale for $26.

[quote name='amusedtoe']Well NCAA is the deal of the day and CoD4's probably on sale because the GOTY edition comes out Tuesday.[/quote]

Yeah, if you didn't get CoD4 yet, don't even bother, wait until Tuesday/Wednesday and you can get the maps for free (if you get the GOTY edition), while the rest of us suckers will have to pay for them .:p

IF you buy the old one for 49.99 you can spend 10 dollars for the maps and spend 59.99 or you can get the GOTY edition and spend 59.99. Soo all in all its a win win situation.

[quote name='taint mcgee']IF you buy the old one for 49.99 you can spend 10 dollars for the maps and spend 59.99 or you can get the GOTY edition and spend 59.99. Soo all in all its a win win situation.[/QUOTE]

Not really since we are CAGs... That would be retail price.

[quote name='DisturbedZen']Not really since we are CAGs... That would be retail price.[/quote]

hahahaha

The GOTY should go on sale in the near future somewhere. Thats what Im holding out for atleast.

I have a sealed COD3 to sell for the 360. Bought it and never got around to playing it. Too many good games when you have two consoles.

The GOTY does not need harddrive space. So it is better to have it.

My harddrive is full, so I may not be able to buy the new maps.

"The Game of the Year Edition includes a code that lets you download your first map pack for free, and also makes four maps available for download online."

[quote name='amusedtoe']"The Game of the Year Edition includes a code that lets you download your first map pack for free, and also makes four maps available for download online."[/quote]

Basically what I just said.

Pretty smart of Activision to include a code to download the maps. That prevents other people buying a used game from getting the DLC and at the same time giving them the impression they got more. Ingenious!

Not so good for gamers though....

[quote name='jello44']Yeah, if you didn't get CoD4 yet, don't even bother, wait until Tuesday/Wednesday and you can get the maps for free (if you get the GOTY edition), while the rest of us suckers will have to pay for them .:p[/quote]

They would be free if morons would stop paying for this crap.

[quote name='Rozz']They would be free if morons would stop paying for this crap.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure they would make any if no money was involved. Why would Activision pay designers and programmers to make map packs if they couldn't/didn't make any money off of extra content? I understand this argument for microtransactions that are all ready included on the game disc i.e. horse armour but these map packs are made after the game went gold. It is good to pay for extra content to extend the replayability in the game but not good to pay for it if it is junk that wasn't included in the final game just to nickel and dime us.

bread's done
Back