A Few Q's From A New Vita Owner

Saix_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
So I bought my Vita about two weeks ago and I am really loving it. But I have a few questions.

I saw there was a rather large thread about cases already and I am tempted to look through it but it's so large hopefully someone can help with my question.

I got in on the GS offer with the free case, and while I like that it stays in the case at all times and I feel it does a decent job of protecting it (no where near the level of the PSP's PGP) I dislike how it makes the system awkward to hold for longer play sessions.

I want a case that can hold my car charger with it, but also keep the Vita well protected. I also want to get the trigger grips since it looks like it will make the Vita easier to hold and I like how it actually turns the shoulder buttons into triggers.

So basically, is there any case out there that will hold the PSV in the trigger grip and also hold the car charger without it being near the PSV so it won't scratch it?? I WISH I could use the trigger grips with the case I got from GS...but I don't see how that would work.

My last question is about memory. I just recently came into owning two 32GB cards (one is still sealed). I am putting some of my music on the one that is open and I noticed the PSV has a limit of 4,000 songs...I don't know why that is but not a big deal. I also noticed it is EXTREMELY slow at transferring data. This has led to debate on keeping the second 32GB card.

I ended up paying $63 for one of the cards and the other was a gift so I see it as paying $31.50 for each 32GB. Would it be wise to just sell the sealed 32GB for around $60-70 or to keep it for the future?? I highly doubt I'll ever get a 32GB again for $31.50 and if I sell it for $70 or so and I do end up wanting a 2nd one I would be lucky to get it for $50, thus making my "profit" only around $20, which doesn't seem worth the overall hassle of having to find a buyer, shipping it, and then rebuying one.

Also, are there any negatives to owning two Vita memory cards?

I apologize for the long post, but hopefully someone can offer some advice to a new owner.

I have the soft Sony case and I can fit it and the entire brick and cord and the small 5 cart case in it. It's a tight fix but it works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006PP41Q8/ref=mp_s_a_4?qid=1336149820&sr=8-4

I have the same problem as you. I keep the trigger grip on my Vita, so it doesn't really fit in a case. Until I find one that works, I just toss it in one of my old fleece watch caps (the greyish Army hat).

The funny thing is that is also what I did when I got my first PSP on active duty, haha!

I have the Sony Travel Pouch (soft case) like 6er, plus I have the Hori Face Cover installed on my Vita, and I can fit everything in the Travel Pouch even with the Face Cover installed, though it is a very tight fit. But the Travel Pouch fits the Vita w/Face Cover and any games, memory cards, and even the USB cable easily.

Don't have any trigger grips and no plans to get one; very happy with the Face Cover, which protects the face of the Vita very well, and allows access to all ports/slots:

5cx8go.jpg

2qcnwcw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Hori face cover as well, and I love it. Only problem is it doesn't protect the back touchpad at all, would be nice is there was like a pull-down flap of plastic for that. And, the cover starts to get loose after a while, but I play mine like nonstop and take it everywhere.

[quote name='kevgret']I picked up the PDP PSVita Pull 'N Go Folio from amazon

I love this case. It's a bit bigger than the rest but the extra size is worth it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072A4JTY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMqWd3dMCr0[/QUOTE]

I have a red brushed metal snap-on protective shell for my vita and it fits in the folio perfectly while installed on the system. I own 26 Vita games and this case is a godsend! The only problem I have is that the cord/charger barely squeezes in that netting, you have to be careful with it. Note that if you end up with more games than then folio is supposed to hold that you can fit 2-3 vita games per elastic band if need be.

Link to the ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-color-Alu...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3cc338b5d3

Yes, it's from Hong Kong and it looks a little too cheap/good to be true, but I took the gamble and it paid off. I simply love it.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']I have a red brushed metal snap-on protective shell for my vita and it fits in the folio perfectly while installed on the system. I own 26 Vita games and this case is a godsend! The only problem I have is that the cord/charger barely squeezes in that netting, you have to be careful with it. Note that if you end up with more games than then folio is supposed to hold that you can fit 2-3 vita games per elastic band if need be.

Link to the ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/9-color-Alu...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3cc338b5d3

Yes, it's from Hong Kong and it looks a little too cheap/good to be true, but I took the gamble and it paid off. I simply love it.[/QUOTE]
Wow I didn't know there were 26 physical vita games out

I went and bought the travel pouch since it holds 4 games, the Vita, and the charger on amazon for $12.XX Like New. I then bought the Hori cover for $12.XX. So for $25 I get something small and portable.

I know it doesn't hold as much as the Pull N Go, but I have a case that holds 31 games and 1 memory card that I got for $2 at Gamestop. So the added game holding isn't useful for me so all I would use is the Vita holder and that doesn't hold the car charger...

bread's done
Back