A few questions about Samsung TVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pittpizza

CAGiversary!
Last night I was playing some Gears and the girl was watching the Oscars in the other room when that tv, a 5 year old 27" Samsung flatscreen, started making a really high pitched ringing sound. I tinkered with everything (settings, plugs, cable connection, brightness, volume, mute etc) and it would not stop. It is pretty much too loud to be masked by the volume and even rings when the the TV is on mute. It sounds like the ringing sound you sometimes get in your ears.

I ended up trying the highly technical pounding it in the back and it went away (thank G-d).

Frustratingly, we gave the older tv which that one replaced away a while ago when cleanign out the basement.

First question: What is this? Anybody experience it and do you think it will come back? Is it fixable?

Next question is much simpler:

Where is the best place to buy replacment bulbs for my 42" Samsung DLP HLR4266W tv? I heard the bulbs burn out and want to be ready.

[quote name='pittpizza']Last night I was playing some Gears and the girl was watching the Oscars in the other room when that tv, a 5 year old 27" Samsung flatscreen, started making a really high pitched ringing sound. I tinkered with everything (settings, plugs, cable connection, brightness, volume, mute etc) and it would not stop. It is pretty much too loud to be masked by the volume and even rings when the the TV is on mute. It sounds like the ringing sound you sometimes get in your ears.

I ended up trying the highly technical pounding it in the back and it went away (thank G-d).

Frustratingly, we gave the older tv which that one replaced away a while ago when cleanign out the basement.

First question: What is this? Anybody experience it and do you think it will come back? Is it fixable?

Next question is much simpler:

Where is the best place to buy replacment bulbs for my 42" Samsung DLP HLR4266W tv? I heard the bulbs burn out and want to be ready.[/quote]

I have like a 10 year old Mitsubishi TV and it does the same thing, however not quite as loud as you were describing.

I asked a friends dad, who is a TV repairman about it. Unfortunately I can't remember what he said was causing it. However he said it was pretty much unfixable and that it would be cheaper just to buy a new TV. However your TV is alot newer and probably way more expensive.

I'm guessing you mean flat screen as in flat glass and not plasma/lcd? Probably cheaper to buy a new one then to try and fix it.

[quote name='pittpizza']Any info on DLP bulbs?[/quote]

Are you thinking about getting a DLP Tv then?

Well I can tell you that from my experience of Samsung DLP bulbs they are very expensive and not that easy to get hold off. The bulb for my costs about $500, I'll not be paying that, I'd rather just buy a new TV.

THe DLP bulb question is a different issue. I thought I laid it out in the OP but I also have a 42" Samsung DLP HDTV (got it for $750!) Model no. HLR4266W and I heard the bulbs burn out (have had it for over a year now, it is on roughly 5 hours a day average).

I want to be ready when it happens. So I'm asking DLP owners who have dealt with it: Where is the best place to buy replacment bulbs. Cheapest I could find are online for around $190.

I'm sooo addicted to having those TV's that one going out would seem disasterous. I turned it on the other day and the "Lamp" light kept blinking and it wouldnt turn on, I shut it off a while and tried again and it worked fine.

I had a similiar thing happen on a 27" sharp TV. The noise came from where the coax cable gets plugged into the back of the set. I could wiggle that portion and get the high pitch noise to stop sometimes but it eventually became unbearable. I took it to a TV repair shop and they ended up soldering (sp?) a new connector to the circuit board. It fixed it for several years. I now get the same noise intermittenly on my TV, but it isn't very loud and its just used as a bedroom TV so I put up with it. I can't remember the cost, but the fix did work for 5 years or so. If the noise is louder when you pull the TV out and look at the back of it...it is possible that it is similiar issue to what I had. I've always gone to a TV repair shop that gives free estimates. That way you at least know what you are looking at spending before you do anything (which is great if you can find one). Good luck.

Pour a cup of water in the back, you should see some vent/grate looking things, the water will help clean it out and wash away the evil that's messin' up your TV.

[quote name='JimmieMac']You want this fixed right? Less typing, more pouring.[/quote]

So do you microwave the TV before or after you put the syrup in?

[quote name='JimmieMac']You can't fit a TV in the mircowave you dumb fuck. I don't know who told you to mic it first but they're a fool.[/quote]

You obviously have to take it apart with a sledgehammer first, then wrap it in tinfoil before your microwave it dipshit.

Seriously though does anybody know what causes this. I've poked around online and nobody seems to know. Square thanks for your info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back