A Fun Story of Friendship and Left 4 Dead

snookie_wookums

CAGiversary!
So, a few nights ago I was having a hard time trying to find a fair game of Left 4 Dead on Steam, since everyone is in a clan and ganging up on the individual stragglers (talk about irony, eh?). So I looked up who was online from CAG, and invited a bunch of people randomly.

Several showed up, and we spent the next 2 hours or so kicking ass! I'm now L4D pals with several CAGers from that night, and even though not everyone had the best skills in that game, we stuck it out instead of playing like the average L4D player, who quits or boots people as soon as someone shows signs of not being a SUPERPRO.

CAG is a great community, and snarky as some of us sound sometimes (myself included), overall I find that this group of players represents some of the best of what's available for online partners.

So do yourselves a favor; add the CAG groups in Steam and invite people there if you see them online. I know the next time I get an invite from a CAG name, I'm accepting.

All the best,
Snookie

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I find in most online games, a good group of CAGs are at least polite and respectful to each other, and I've always had a better time playing with guys from here than the general riff-raff. That goes for Xbox Live also.

Feel free to look me up in L4D also, I generally play co-op, but I'm up for anything.

Steam ID: Algebratwo

If you receive a L4D invite from a CAG member (or any group member), does it tell you they are in the group? Or do you need to know ahead of time?

I've added [CAG] to my player name so that invitees will see that at least. There's no other way that I can think of except if they remember who's on the CAG Left 4 Dead group in Steam, which is pretty easy to join.

Thanks for the invitation Algebratwo. I've added you to my friends list in Steam. Mine is scott_evil, but in Left 4 Dead it's [CAG] Killer Ear Infection.

Yeah L4D is really best with friends: mostly when I Quick Match I join after rage-quitters and die soon afterwards.

However last night I had a really good team. In NM3 a Tank spawned right in the beginning so we camped in the safe room and shotgunned it. We made our way through the level relatively slowly and took a lot of damage, but kept finding med pacs. Near the end (after leaving the sewers) I got incapped. We had no more med pacs so I told my teammates to leave me, but they refused. They rezzed me, and we finished the level intact. :)

bread's done
Back