A Heads-up to ATL CAGs: Great Deals

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
In case you guys haven't been there, I would totally recommend the Egdewood BestBuy for deal hunting. That location always has unexplainable markdowns on great stuff. There is a large two-sided cart/shelf thing outside the game section that is stocked with sale items. Strange thing is, these items have these little yellow tags (unlike any other BB tags I've seen) on the racks in front of them, and the prices always have to be manually adjusted by the cashier. Its very odd. Things I've scored/seen there in the past few months:

*COD: Big Red One (PS2/XB) - $24.99 ever since launch
*various controllers, 1st and 3rd party - marked down about $10 each
*Wavebird controllers - $15.00
*XBLive 12-month starter kit (w/Crimson..) - $29.99
*XBLive 12-month Starter Kit (new one with PGR2/arcade) - $39.99
GB Micro Famicom - $59.99
*GBA (new one w/new screen) - $59.99
DS MarioKart Bundle - $99.99
*Star Wars Lightsaber (the nice fancy ones) - $49.99
*a ton of great discounted accessories for all systems
*all the latest penny guides

The items with (*) beside them are ones I just saw there about 30 minutes ago, so they are definitely current deals. Also, there were new things on there today, so they obviously plan to continue rotating the stock.

Enjoy!!

UPDATE
I was just at this BB again today, and they have added a bunch of new crap to the mystery sale cart. Most of the items listed above are long gone (especially the good ones!), but they have a whole new crop of items. I'm sorry that I can't remember specific titles (except for 007 From Russia... GC for $8.99), but I'll try to write them down next time I'm there. Also, there are a ton of penny guides from this batch and the last one.

Sweet, I've been wanting a Wavebird but just didn't wanna pay full price.

The thing that sucks about that shopping center is sales tax is 8%. Not so bad when you're getting something on sale or clearance, but a full price item (like an XB360) ends up costing quite a bit more than if you went to another Best Buy. Just a little heads up, stores in Cobb County have 6% sales tax.

[quote name='JasonArmadillo']Sweet, I've been wanting a Wavebird but just didn't wanna pay full price.

The thing that sucks about that shopping center is sales tax is 8%. Not so bad when you're getting something on sale or clearance, but a full price item (like an XB360) ends up costing quite a bit more than if you went to another Best Buy. Just a little heads up, stores in Cobb County have 6% sales tax.[/QUOTE]
That is true, the 8% does suck. I love in Decatur and usually hit the Northlake BB (7%) but I go to GSU and the Edgwood store is on the way home. I also did get my 360 there...but only because I've seen them in stock there 3 times, but never at the Northlake store.

And yeah, I have family in Woodstock...I was surprised to see the low Cobb tax when I stopped at Towne Center over the holidays. I usually avoid Cobb like the plague.

When did you get/see the Mario Kart DS bundle for $99.99? I was going to hold out for the new DS redesign but I might go ahead and spring for the Kart bundle if I can get it for $100.

Thanks for the tip organicow!

Picked up DK Jungle Beat with Bongos for $19.99, and a platinum Wavebird for $15.99 - both new.

There was a tag that said "Gameboy Micro - $59.99" but there were none on the rack...crap. They did have two pearl blue GBA for $69.99.
There were no DS units anywhere in the store.

Yeah, there were a shit ton of DSs and Micros for about a week - but the last Micro I saw there was about 5 days ago, and the last DS went to my buddy about a week earlier. I too saw the Micro signage today and thought they might have more to put out...I guess not.

I'm glad you could get some goodies! I really don't know what's up with that BB...over the last couple of weeks I was able to grab a Micro for myself, one for my friend, a buddy got the last DS, I got all the penny guides I needed, and I got a rockin' Pelican PSP kit (w/car charger and about a zillion other items) for $4.99!!

I'm definitely gonna keep checking back and hope that the FatWallet hoarder that always cleans out the CCs during clearances doesn't catch on to this BB!

I went there last night and came across this as well. I stared at Star Fox GCN and NBA Street Vol. 3 GCN for a while, but couldn't commit to spending $25 on either. The $20 deal on both Donkey Konga and Jungle Beat (w/ bongos) is awesome... too bad I have no need for those. They also had Pelican brand bongos on the shelf, but I didn't know their price. I passed up the $15 wavebirds... I'm kicking myself for that. I wish I wouldn't have read this thread though... $60 GB Micros??!?!? I can't stand thinking about it!!

Would anyone be willing to buy stuff for a Texas CAGer? I want a Jungle Beat!

Also a tip for getting the GBM Famicon: buy one from a different Best Buy (for whatever price). Then take it to this BB and return it with your receipt (getting full value). Eventually when they put it back on the floor, you can pick it up for $60. You might even be able to make a price adjust instead of having to return it and all that.

I went down to Edgewood this weekend to pick up a cheap wavebird. Unfortunately, there weren't any more on the clearance rack! When I went back to the gamecube section, however, I saw that they had 10 or so sitting on a shelf underneath all of the games! I grabbed one and took it to customer service... it rang up at $35, and I told the guy that I thought it was on clearance. I took him to the (empty) rack and showed him the $15 price tag.... we then went back to the register and he fixed it for me! Awesome! Thanks a lot OP!

Sort of related, I went to the Discover Mills mall in Duluth this weekend and found a store called "Video Swap USA". Extremely ghetto setup, but it had almost every system known to video games for sale. I'm talking Saturn, 3DO, Game Gear, NES, Atari 2600/5200, etc. The prices weren't that great (they had a top-loading NES for $120), but if you're looking for a rare game/system (w/ a 45 day return guarantee), then it's worth checking out.

Speaking of rare stuff, I was in Fry's earlier that day and saw that they had a few japanese import DS games ($35/piece) ... specifically it was the "simple" line of games (think mah-jong and billiards). I was surprised to see that stuff there.

Man I'm jealous of who guys. I already have two bongos that I got on clearance at a Target a long time ago, but still no game to go with them. :(

I went by there tonight too and yeah, there was not much to choose from. Although I did notice a tag that I did not see last time. It said "Nintendo DS $69.99". I looked all through the VG section and didn't see any DS units. I guess it means we gotta check this place more often.

[quote name='Gator']Sort of related, I went to the Discover Mills mall in Duluth this weekend and found a store called "Video Swap USA". Extremely ghetto setup, but it had almost every system known to video games for sale. I'm talking Saturn, 3DO, Game Gear, NES, Atari 2600/5200, etc. The prices weren't that great (they had a top-loading NES for $120), but if you're looking for a rare game/system (w/ a 45 day return guarantee), then it's worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

I was there about 2 weeks ago. Yeah, they have a great selection of retro games, and even have some retro game guides for real cheap too. I was surprised by the number of classic SNES RPGs they have locked up in a glass case. But yeah, the prices weren't that great, but if its something specific you're looking for, then its a good place to check.

[quote name='Gator']Sort of related, I went to the Discover Mills mall in Duluth this weekend and found a store called "Video Swap USA". Extremely ghetto setup, but it had almost every system known to video games for sale. I'm talking Saturn, 3DO, Game Gear, NES, Atari 2600/5200, etc. The prices weren't that great (they had a top-loading NES for $120), but if you're looking for a rare game/system (w/ a 45 day return guarantee), then it's worth checking out.

Speaking of rare stuff, I was in Fry's earlier that day and saw that they had a few japanese import DS games ($35/piece) ... specifically it was the "simple" line of games (think mah-jong and billiards). I was surprised to see that stuff there.[/QUOTE]

They had one on Roswell Road as well, but alas it is either out of business, or will be soon. I went a few weeks back. Everythign was on sale, but it was bare bones. Not sure if it is still open.

The other two Video Game Swap USA stores closed and transferred their inventory to the store in Discover Mills. (Most of it, anyway.)

bread's done
Back