A-Hole ebayer accusses me of being dishonest

lehviput

CAGiversary!
I sold a factory sealed copy Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow on ebay recently.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&item=120011527050&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&rd=1

And this is the email I receive from the buyer days later.

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Hello,

I received the Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow today and under close examination, I have concluded that it is not the FACTORY seal and probably is not brand new.

To be honest, I wouldnt have mind paying 45 bucks even if it was used in mint condition, but to pass it off as brand new sealed in order to bring in buyers is dishonest and unethical.

Im not upset or complaining, Im actually gonna go play the game later, hahah. But on a serious note, honesty goes a long way in life and I hope you understand where my views are.

Have a nice day

- Phuong
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]My response is[/FONT]

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I assure you that the game is Brand New and Factory Sealed. I know the factory wrap is a little bit different, but that's how Konami wrap their games, Lost in Blue is wrapped the same way. Other companies like Capcom wrap their DS games in a similar way, so I'd advise you to not go and buy a sealed copy of Phoenix Wright and then go complaining about it.
I'm sorry if this has upset you in anyway, but I take videogame collecting and ebay very seriously. The next time you're at Bestbuy or any other place that sells videogames, please take a look at any DS game published by those two companies and tell that they aren't wrapped differently from the game I sent you.

Have a nice weekend!

____

I'm annoyed at peoples' ignorance and the fact that he's trying to give me a fucking life lesson. I'm probably older than that shit. Oh well, at least he doesn't want a refund or anything.

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Respond to this question[/FONT]
s.gif
s.gif
[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Responses in My Messages will not include your email address.[/FONT]

Reshrink wrapping was a big problem with Dreamcast games and probably still is. Fortunately SEGA had a universal method that involved boxing plastic around the case that I haven't seen any "civilian" wrappers do.

Did he already leave positive feedback?

Chances are he'll drop a negative after your last email, if he's an asshole. I personally wouldn't have answered him until he left a positive, then I would have let him have it ;)

It's a shame but I probably would have been suspicious too had I not known better. There's a ton of fraud and counterfeit items on eBay and a big reason I don't like buying anything there.

But I do know what you're talking about. I bought Lost in Blue brand new from BestBuy.com and upon taking it out of the shipping box I immediately noticed that the shrink wrap was not typical of my other DS games. If it had come from eBay I probably would've gotten all puffy but since it came from BestBuy I know they wouldn't risk a lawsuit selling used games as new.

I found a Castlevania at Best Buy and it had the "melty" wrapping and then found another at Kmart that must have been left over from earlier shipments. Same thing. That's just the way they are. I sold one on eBay and fortunately didn't have the same issue with the buyer. But I also showed a huge picture which clearly showed the type of shrink-wrapping - any buyer who cared would have no excuse. I didn't mention it because it is new and factory-sealed and didn't feel the need to "sow any doubt" by calling it out.

So, all I can say is in the future to either note the shrink-wrap condition or put a big, clear picture on the auction. Many Gamecube games are shrink-wrapped that way too.

I recently sold my sealed Disgaea (after finding a used one at EB). I got someone asking me via email if I was selling a used game as new re-sealed because it didn't have the security sticker (it was from the reprint last summer - got it at Fry's) :roll:. At least he asked BEFORE bidding. The winner has gotten the game and not said anything (no email, no feedback) so, for now, I'm assuming he is OK with it :D.

This is one reason why I stick to collecting only Classic games for now. Nintendo will always be the set mark when it comes to factory sealing there games and using the trademark horizontal seam.

Now even though you can still counterfeit the seams, it is alot harder to do than just using a shrink wrapping machine.

Don't let 1 eBayer ruin the fun of collecting. :)

bread's done
Back