A Killer internet connection!!!

[quote name='moe11888']Wow! Thats almost a whole dvd in one second.[/quote]

It's gigaBITS not gigaBYTES. Lot smaller.

IIRC, 8 bits makes a byte, so it can DL 1/8th a DVD in a second.

Heh, in about a month, my workplace will have a 1gig connection to the internet. We're on a 100meg connection now with 10 remote sites connected to use via 10mb connections. In a month, the 100mb connection goes to 1gig and the 10mb connections go to 100mb. w00t

problem is you're not going to be able to use all that. you gotta remember who you're sending or receiving from and if they're not up to your speed then no go.

wow thats pretty good, too bad v probally wont b able to use them in our homes for a while..a long long while....

Is there a site that tells you how fast your connection is? I know mine is pretty good, and super cheap cause I live in campus housing, Id like to see how fast it is so I can see how much its going to start costing us next month when we move and have to start paying commercial rates.

[quote name='starman9000']Is there a site that tells you how fast your connection is? I know mine is pretty good, and super cheap cause I live in campus housing, Id like to see how fast it is so I can see how much its going to start costing us next month when we move and have to start paying commercial rates.[/quote]

www.dslreports.com It has diagnostic tests to analyze your speed. Clink on the tests link....

i was gonna point out that its Bits not Bytes, but sneaky beat me to it :( ...

like someone said, downloading music/videos wont go any faster, b/c if you're downloading from a person with a slow ass connection, you're download will go slow as hell.

only thing you'll notice a difference in, is when you're surfin the web, and when you're sending files to other people. If you're downloading things from people who also have really fast internet, it will also download fast.

bread's done
Back