A little XM radio help?

projecteightysix

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
I just got XM all installed and everything in my jeep. I got it all activated (which was a pain in the ass, first some latino chick hung up on me after i gave her all my information, then the automated thing kept interrupting me when i tried to tell them my numbers.) ANYWAYS, my reciever is a delphi Roady XT and there's a constant squeel, it's hooked up to my aux line so it's not a problem with it recieving it there. The antenna is on top of my jeep, and it's powered from my cigarette lighter.

On top of the squeel, whenever I accelerate it matches the pitch, even when it changes gears it goes lower - higher, it's crazy.

Do you guys have any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks!

My opinion....

Your first and most costly mistake was picking XM over Sirius.

In regards to hearing your vehicles RPM's along with the radio, theres a filter you need to install to clean that up.

[quote name='Will']My opinion....

Your first and most costly mistake was picking XM over Sirius.

In regards to hearing your vehicles RPM's along with the radio, theres a filter you need to install to clean that up.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!
Not that I want to rub salt in your wounds or anything... but I can't stand XM. I listened to it before ever hearing Sirius and it wasn't that great. I bought Sirius last year... and I just friggin' love it. My sister has XM and I just listened to it again a few days ago... and man... its so much worse now after listening to Sirius.

XM's channels are very poorly organized and don't list what genre music they play. Their channel names make no sense like, Fred, Lucy, XMLM, XMU, etc. etc. You basically have to listen to each one to kind of understand what they are playing. Also, I noticed it seems like they are playing a lot of crappy songs, even from good artists. I flipped through a bunch of stations and saw artists I knew but a lot of the songs were ones I never even heard of and were not very good. Sure, it's cool if they play less known songs... but come on! Not that many stations! Also, even their decade channels aren't very good... I was listening to the 90s station... they played some Oasis followed by some dance pop song... COMPLETELY different styles. I know they're both 90s... but it was a pretty diverse decade. It needs more than one station.

Anyway, if at all possible you should return the XM and get Sirius. Siriusly (haha, lame pun). Yeah I'm passionate about it because there is a huge difference in quality between the two. I tell people all the time how Sirius is way better.

With the merger, if it ever comes to fruition, they better not get any XM in my Sirius.

Oh, and sorry I haven't actually answered your question... I don't know the answer to it... I just don't want anyone to be stuck with XM when there's much better out there.

Ugh... come on people. I don't care, I'm sorry, but I don't. haha.

Sure sirius may be better, I don't know. Everyone I've talked to just has sirius for howard stern, and I don't want to hear (keyword "hear") some guy talking about naked chicks making out, then robin cackling constantly saying "YEAH" and "OH NO YOU DI'INT".

Back to my problem: please keep it on my problem not another xm/sirius debate.

Anyways, what kind of filter do I need to install?

eh..i was just breaking your balls..not as hardcore as others do on here but that was a legit opinion lol.

the second part was too.

I honestly dont know what the filter is called but if i remember correct, it plugs in between the radio and the speakers...

Welcome to the XM nation. Try a ground loop isolator. That should take care of the problem there. Also checkout xmfan.com, you can get some good help over there as well.

bread's done
Back