Dragon Warrior III GBC sealed $9.99

total + tax = $18.36

Game Stop...

Buy 2 get 1...

Backdraft widescreen $9.99
Jay and Silent Bob Collector's Edition $9.99
Shanghai Pocket GBC (cart only) FREE

total + tax = $21.63

While I was inside of Gamestop, I had just paid, and turned around and some guy had two big bags of games/systems to trade in. He told the girl at the register he wanted cash only. So I told him I'd pick up stuff off of him for more than they were offering if he was interesting. Dude had all the Resident Evils for GC, Zelda Collector's Edition, Viewtiful Joes, etc.

After he was done trading I picked up all this stuff for $50 (all Gamecube, all complete unless noted):
Zelda Collector's Edition
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
Ikaruga
Resident Evil 4 Preview Disc
Rogue Squadron III Rebel Strike Preview Disc
Final Fantasy Legend GB (cart only)

[quote name='Mind_n_Soul']awesome, but you shouldve boughten all the Resident evils[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he wanted too much for them and I have them all already anyways.

Surprised GameStop didn't kick you out of the store for offering money while a customer was coming in to do buisness with you. I know I would have.

[quote name='gizmogc']Surprised GameStop didn't kick you out of the store for offering money while a customer was coming in to do buisness with you. I know I would have.[/QUOTE]

Well thanks, good thing they don't have pricks working there. Thanks for thread crapping btw.

I did buy stuff from GameStop first which counts for something. The guy trading the stuff in not only kept the stuff I bought off of him but all the rest of his GC games that I didn't buy from him.

That's a great haul, man.

I've been involved in quite a few of these same instances where a console game weary customer saunters inside of a game store where I'm about to leave, only to find out that they're selling stuff that I am very interested in buying.

Of course, when I see stuff I want, I usually tap the selling customer on the shoulder and politely ask him if they would be interested in selling me the particular items I've been eyeing.

Most of the time, I take a 50/50 risk about getting kicked out of the store, but I've been very lucky that I have never run into an employee who wanted to kick me out of the store for undermining their business practices.

Technically, whenever a situation like this takes place, the game store is the one affected, simply because the games that I buy for a slightly higher price (and usually with actual cash) are sales/dollars not earned by the game store.

I remember picking up a sealed copy of the original "Syphon Filter" PS1 game back in 1999 when a tester from Sony came into a GameStop store (this store was known by a different name back then; "Digital Stuff") to sell it for cash. The game had just come out a couple of days prior and had an MSRP of $49.99. The game store was only going to offer him $12.00 credit and $8.00 cash for it, so I immediately interjected and offered him $10.00 cash.

The seller agreed and we both walked away from the store happy. I had a new copy of a game that I was going to buy at full price a few days later, but now, I ended up saving a cool $45.00, all because I was in the right place at the right time.

[quote name='GunPanther']That's a great haul, man.

I've been involved in quite a few of these same instances where a console game weary customer saunters inside of a game store where I'm about to leave, only to find out that they're selling stuff that I am very interested in buying.

Of course, when I see stuff I want, I usually tap the selling customer on the shoulder and politely ask him if they would be interested in selling me the particular items I've been eyeing.

Most of the time, I take a 50/50 risk about getting kicked out of the store, but I've been very lucky that I have never run into an employee who wanted to kick me out of the store for undermining their business practices.

Technically, whenever a situation like this takes place, the game store is the one affected, simply because the games that I buy for a slightly higher price (and usually with actual cash) are sales/dollars not earned by the game store.

I remember picking up a sealed copy of the original "Syphon Filter" PS1 game back in 1999 when a tester from Sony came into a GameStop store (this store was known by a different name back then; "Digital Stuff") to sell it for cash. The game had just come out a couple of days prior and had an MSRP of $49.99. The game store was only going to offer him $12.00 credit and $8.00 cash for it, so I immediately interjected and offered him $10.00 cash.

The seller agreed and we both walked away from the store happy. I had a new copy of a game that I was going to buy at full price a few days later, but now, I ended up saving a cool $45.00, all because I was in the right place at the right time.[/QUOTE]

It's still crazy to think that not so long ago, we were willing to pay $49.99 for Syphon Filter. Crazy times...

[quote name='gizmogc']Surprised GameStop didn't kick you out of the store for offering money while a customer was coming in[/QUOTE]

I have had just the opposite happen to me. My friend and I went to trade in some new games that were about a month old and the dude behind the counter was like they are only giving you 18 for this and 22 for the other. He then told me friend to come back next friday and he would give him 60 for both games. He told my friend to come after closing. We sold them on ebay and got 80 something for them.

[quote name='nneace']It's still crazy to think that not so long ago, we were willing to pay $49.99 for Syphon Filter. Crazy times...[/QUOTE]

I know, huh?

It's only been 6 years and although the games today are sometimes breathtaking to look at, they're still just about entertainment.

To this day, I still have that same copy of Syphon Filter, away in the 'historic' storage area of my entertainment room.

It's funny though.... Syphon Filter for PS1 is not even worth $10.00 now. LOL

[quote name='Graystone']I have had just the opposite happen to me. My friend and I went to trade in some new games that were about a month old and the dude behind the counter was like they are only giving you 18 for this and 22 for the other. He then told me friend to come back next friday and he would give him 60 for both games. He told my friend to come after closing. We sold them on ebay and got 80 something for them.[/QUOTE]

Good for you guys.

IMHO, the more money you make on re-selling your games, the better. To you, those games have outlived their usefulness, hence, you wanted to sell them, so there's nothing wrong with selling them to someone who's willing to pay a higher price.

$18.00 and $22.00 for each game sounds like they were games that retailed for $39.99 - $49.99, so that doesn't surprise me that the store you went to was going to pay less than half for each title.

BTW, what games did you sell?

bread's done
Back