A Man and His Wal-Mart...

Temporaryscars

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
...a love story...

Man caught masturbating outside new Wal-Mart

by Catie O'Toole Monday March 10, 2008, 11:45 AM

Oswego County, NY - Not everyone who attended Wal-Mart Supercenter's grand opening this weekend was there to shop.

Several people called the Oswego County 911 Center sometime after 8 p.m. Sunday after seeing a man masturbating in a pickup truck in the parking lot of the new Wal-Mart on state Route 3 in Granby, state police said.
When troopers arrived, they found John D. Gates masturbating in the passenger's seat of his 1991 Ford Ranger pick-up truck.
"Arriving patrols found Gates sitting in the passenger seat of his vehicle while he was still attempting to complete the act," state police said in an e-mail. "Gates was in plain view of customers that were leaving the store."
Gates, of 3296 Main St., Mexico, was arrested on the following charges: Public lewdness, criminal possession of a controlled substance (possessing hydrocodone tablets without a prescription) and unlawful possession of marijuana.

http://blog.syracuse.com/news/2008/03/man_caught_masturbating_outsid.html

michaeljackson108752azf6.jpg

Its funny...You never hear this happening at Target or Macy's or any other store. It happened at Walmart.

Walmart seems to bring in the best people...

This reminds me of a story:

I have a friend who was driving and really needed to take a dump. (Really, really badly). He pulled into a Walmart and started sprinting towards the door. Halfway through his run, he realized that he was never going to make it in time, so he dropped his pants and just shat in the middle of the lane. All of this was caught on Walmart's parking-lot security cameras, and witnessed by at least 12 people. Two of whom, were cops, who then made him clean it up using nothing but a plastic bag. Considering this event took place on a hot summer day, it's safe to assume that this task was not easy.

His parents picked him up from the police station a few hours later.

True story. Just thought I'd share.

[quote name='Xevious']Its funny...You never hear this happening at Target or Macy's or any other store. It happened at Walmart.

Walmart seems to bring in the best people...[/QUOTE]
Not true: this happened 18 miles from me:

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Dwpp4CsnGVs[/MEDIA]

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']This reminds me of a story:

True story. Just thought I'd share.[/QUOTE]

Youtube those security tapes. Please.

[quote name='chakan']
Youtube those security tapes. Please.[/quote]

Oh, believe me, we asked the Walmart for the tapes back when it happened. They wouldn't budge. Some sort of legal issue :whistle2:?

[quote name='ITDEFX']I bet the receipt checker loved his first shift.[/quote]

There's no such thing as a receipt checker at a non-membership store.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']There's no such thing as a receipt checker at a non-membership store.[/QUOTE]
Incorrect. I've had my receipt checked before while exiting a Walmart.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Incorrect. I've had my receipt checked before while exiting a Walmart.[/quote]

Just because it's happened, doesn't mean it's allowed. You don't have to show your receipt under any circumstances, and forcing you to do so is illegal, therefore, there's no such job as "receipt checker" because it would be illegal.

[quote name='Xevious']Its funny...You never hear this happening at Target or Macy's or any other store. It happened at Walmart.

Walmart seems to bring in the best people...[/quote]Pretty sure a guy like, 4 or 5 posts above you just said it happened IN a Best Buy once.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']This reminds me of a story:

I have a friend who was driving and really needed to take a dump. (Really, really badly). He pulled into a Walmart and started sprinting towards the door. Halfway through his run, he realized that he was never going to make it in time, so he dropped his pants and just shat in the middle of the lane. All of this was caught on Walmart's parking-lot security cameras, and witnessed by at least 12 people. Two of whom, were cops, who then made him clean it up using nothing but a plastic bag. Considering this event took place on a hot summer day, it's safe to assume that this task was not easy.

His parents picked him up from the police station a few hours later.

True story. Just thought I'd share.[/quote]

You always have the weirdest stories about your "friends"

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Pretty sure a guy like, 4 or 5 posts above you just said it happened IN a Best Buy once.[/quote]

So I stand corrected. fucking sick these people

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Just because it's happened, doesn't mean it's allowed. You don't have to show your receipt under any circumstances, and forcing you to do so is illegal, therefore, there's no such job as "receipt checker" because it would be illegal.[/quote]Just because they can't make you, doesn't mean they can't ask.

[quote name='JolietJake']Just because they can't make you, doesn't mean they can't ask.[/quote]

I never said they couldn't. I just said there's no such job as receipt checker.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I never said they couldn't. I just said there's no such job as receipt checker.[/quote]It may not be an official job title, but try going into most stores on black Friday. Receipt checkers at every door, may not be their normal job, but for that day, they are.

[quote name='SpitFire158']You always have the weirdest stories about your "friends"[/quote]

Just wait until I get a chance to tell the pimp story.

Undoubtedly the greatest thing I have ever witnessed.

Those damn receipt checkers piss me off more than anything. I hate having to wait in a line to leave the store for those idiots. I've never had to wait in line at a non-club store but I have seen receipt checkers at Wal-Mart. They've never asked me to see my receipt which leads me to think they are profiling. You really should ask everyone or noone.

Anyway I've walked past the checkers at Costco, they don't really do anything but make a huffy noise. But these days I just hand over my receipt and stand there like an idiot as it always makes the people I'm with very uncomfortable when I give the checkers the cold shoulder.

I've even stopped making asshole comments like "Did I overpay for anything? Gosh I hope not." or "Wow you verified all of those prices amazingly fast." (They have a big sign by the door that they are checking the receipt to make sure you weren't overcharged. :roll: ) I mean it's not their fault that the store has a shitty policy.

Is a thief going to stand in line and hand over a receipt that shows he didn't pay for the X in his cart? Hell no! The thief is going to scoot past the line and out the door like I do when I'm feeling ornery.

Sorry for the tangent.

I have been told by several different people I know who work at Wal-Mart that the "greeters" are instructed to ask to see your receipt if you have anything in your cart that is not in a bag.

[quote name='gregthomas77']I have been told by several different people I know who work at Wal-Mart that the "greeters" are instructed to ask to see your receipt if you have anything in your cart that is not in a bag.[/QUOTE]

This is correct.

This is the only circumstance they do it unless advised by upper management.

[quote name='gregthomas77']I have been told by several different people I know who work at Wal-Mart that the "greeters" are instructed to ask to see your receipt if you have anything in your cart that is not in a bag.[/quote]
Yup, the only reason the "greeters" are there is to help prevent shoplifting. At the Wal-mart I used to work at, they were told not to even pass out the carts. Just stand there and smile and check receipts.

[quote name='jlseal']Yup, the only reason the "greeters" are there is to help prevent shoplifting. At the Wal-mart I used to work at, they were told not to even pass out the carts. Just stand there and smile and check receipts.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting because the uniformed guard at Target (a day or two ago) greeted me, pointed me to the baskets and offered to show me where something was at if I was looking for anything in particular. :lol: Dude must have been bored.

[quote name='jlseal']Yup, the only reason the "greeters" are there is to help prevent shoplifting. At the Wal-mart I used to work at, they were told not to even pass out the carts. Just stand there and smile and check receipts.[/quote]

I kind of doubt this. If that were true, why do they hire 90-year-old men for the position? Who the fuck are they going to stop?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I kind of doubt this. If that were true, why do they hire 90-year-old men for the position? Who the fuck are they going to stop?[/quote]

It's not about "stopping" someone. It's about prevention. If a thief knows he's going to have to walk right in front of an employee as he's walking out he may be less inclined to try and steal something because if the greeter realizes he's stealing, they'll have a good description of him, among other issues. In the end, it stops the "opportunistic" shop lifter (the one who just did it this one time because he thought he could get away with it) but has no effect on the professional or chronic shoplifters.

bread's done
Back