A moment of pride: My last job interview

fatherofcaitlyn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
82 (100%)
I applied for an internal opening with my employer.

I was the first person interviewed.

Near the end of the interview, the man detected my resentment towards the company's inability to provide opportunities for advancement and my latent sarcasm.

Yeah, I didn't get the job and I thought nothing of it.

Today, my supervisor and I are going over the feedback from the interview.

Another supervisor walks past, glances at my supervisor's screen with the feedback on it, takes two more steps, stops, walks back, thoroughly reads the feedback and tells my supervisor to print it out so he can deliver it to the director of the call center, a woman about 4 pay grades higher than me.

I protested, "She doesn't really need to see this."

He replied, "It has nothing to do with you."

"Really? The paper has my name on it all over the place."

"The supervisor gave the same feedback for all of the applicants. Some applicants were calling bullshit."

However, my feedback was absolutely perfect.

It took a few hours for it to sink in, but I look at it with the same amount of amusement one has after clogging a public toilet with nothing more than a voluminous bowel movement.

I fucked up that interview so badly that the interviewer couldn't process any additional information or determine any applicant's ability to perform the job.

It had nothing to do with you. You're just so self-centered that the more you thought about it, the more you really were the focus of the whole situation.

[quote name='Eviltude']It had nothing to do with you. You're just so self-centered that the more you thought about it, the more you really were the focus of the whole situation.[/QUOTE]

I think a public toilet told me that once, too.

Sure... Just sounds like an idiot interviewer, like an egotistical professor or something. Who knows, doesn't sound like we are privy to all the information.

Man, you really had to try to flatter yourself here, but it didn't work. Also, it doesn't surprise me that you would be terrible at being interviewed, since you probably don't know how to interact with people and are extremely self-centered. (Its okay, most hoarders are.)

[quote name='help1']Man, you really had to try to flatter yourself here, but it didn't work.[/QUOTE]

Serious question here:

Exactly how could a third party determine if a first party successfully flattered himself or herself?

[quote name='Malik112099']From the title I assumed you got a dream job and never have to interview for another job again. Turns out you're still a loser![/QUOTE]
+1 misleading title.

uhh best of luck on the next interview.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Serious question here:

Exactly how could a third party determine if a first party successfully flattered himself or herself?[/QUOTE]

When the third party refers to themself as first party, in third party.

When is your ass getting fired.....if I was the interviewer I'd talk to the higher-ups and get your cocky ass fuckin' fired.

[quote name='ph33r m3']When is your ass getting fired.....if I was the interviewer I'd talk to the higher-ups and get your cocky ass fuckin' fired.[/QUOTE]

That's hard to say. Firing somebody is supposed to be punishment.

If I got fired, unemployment would cover 60-65% of my income, I could take my kids out of daycare that consumes 40% of my pay and I could go back to reselling games on eBay for 15% of my pay. So, I would be 15-20% ahead of the curve for 6-12 months. Considering the overall drop in income would allow me to go bankrupt, I may not have to work again.

On top of that, people only get fired when they do their jobs poorly. To get rid of me, my superiors have to fire 90-95% of the department first.

Regarding the interviewer, I don't think it would go very far since he can't write different criticisms for different applicants.

Actually, in every job I've ever held it's been the idiots who get promoted.
It seems that if you are too good at being a grunt, you stay a grunt.

You work at a Call Center. Not the most employee-friendly type of company. What you fail to consider is it wasn't you that may have "clogged the toilet" if you will, but that *every* applicant had the same attitude issues you had. You didn't taint the interviewer. Consider: If every one of the applicants responded the same way that you did, is not the problem symptomatic of an issue in the organization and shouldn't the person 4 levels up be aware of it ?

[quote name='fcw3']You work at a Call Center. Not the most employee-friendly type of company. What you fail to consider is it wasn't you that may have "clogged the toilet" if you will, but that *every* applicant had the same attitude issues you had. You didn't taint the interviewer. Consider: If every one of the applicants responded the same way that you did, is not the problem symptomatic of an issue in the organization and shouldn't the person 4 levels up be aware of it ?[/QUOTE]

This. I work at a large company with a Customer Service Center (Call Center). The most qualified for interviews who have been in the department for longer than a 18 months will exhibit these same attitudes... lots of anger and bitterness in a miserable job.

For those that love that style of job--- more power to you.

[quote name='fcw3']You work at a Call Center. Not the most employee-friendly type of company. What you fail to consider is it wasn't you that may have "clogged the toilet" if you will, but that *every* applicant had the same attitude issues you had. You didn't taint the interviewer. Consider: If every one of the applicants responded the same way that you did, is not the problem symptomatic of an issue in the organization and shouldn't the person 4 levels up be aware of it ?[/QUOTE]

That is a possibility. I don't have access to the feedback returned or the list of people interviewed and I won't be given either.

I work at a call center. I've clearly made some mistakes in my life and I'm not infallible.

However, a thread complaining about my employer giving everybody a pissy attitude isn't nearly as funny as me wrecking the entire process with my pissy attitude.

We'll see. I should have another interview for another position in a week or two. There have been a lot of openings around here recently.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']That is a possibility. I don't have access to the feedback returned or the list of people interviewed and I won't be given either.

I work at a call center. I've clearly made some mistakes in my life and I'm not infallible.

However, a thread complaining about my employer giving everybody a pissy attitude isn't nearly as funny as me wrecking the entire process with my pissy attitude.

We'll see. I should have another interview for another position in a week or two. There have been a lot of openings around here recently.[/QUOTE]

My comment was directed at the nature of Call Centers, not to you as an individual. We all do what we have to do.

[quote name='fcw3']My comment was directed at the nature of Call Centers, not to you as an individual. We all do what we have to do.[/QUOTE]

I didn't take any offense.

:cry: I talked to my supervisor about this again.

It turns out I didn't traumatize the interviewer, but that interviewer had hired somebody outside of the company for the internal position 6 months before posting the position for internal applicants and just going through the motions of a selection process.

What the...why are corporate types so retarded? They filled the position 6 months ago but continued taking applications?

[quote name='VipFREAK']lol, Wasting everyone's time and crappy backup plan FTW. Are you still gonna do the door to door sales man thing too?[/QUOTE]

I'm still married. So, no.

[quote name='JolietJake']What the...why are corporate types so retarded? They filled the position 6 months ago but continued taking applications?[/QUOTE]

Close. They fill the position with a contractor instead of posting a temporary position six months ago. Since the contractor worked out, they decided to hire him or her on permanently. HR forced them to post an open position. Thus, they selected at least 20 applicants including myself just to jerk around and used a rubber stamp to reject all of us.

Most places want to do full job searches (internal/external) for legal reasons, to keep the peons from rebelling since they at least have the illusion of chances to move up the ladder etc.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Most places want to do full job searches (internal/external) for legal reasons, to keep the peons from rebelling since they at least have the illusion of chances to move up the ladder etc.[/QUOTE]

thumbs-up.jpg

I can't wait to be rejected for my next job interview within the next week.
Will it be not meeting the requirements of a high school diploma and 2 years tech support or my supervisor not turning in my paperwork on time?

bread's done
Back