A new DS lite Hori Multi Pouch review - Super Size Me

Who's The Twitch Now?

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
EDIT: Hmm... Sorry, it's Jumbo. Tagging didn't work. I'm dumb. Help. Read. Goodnight.

Merge with major thread if necessary.

Hey, thought I'd give another opinion on the DS lite Hori Multi Pouch. This is a review for those who want to keep as much with them as humanly possible. So, let's see what we can see. Maestro?

DSCN0661.jpg

Here we see the following:

DS lite console containing Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time and stylus
Charger
GBA Cart - Gunstar Super Heroe
Tetris DS
1 unofficial stylus.
1 official red original DS stylus.
2 Hori "Extend-O-Styli"
Official DS headphones
DS Cloth-In-A-Bag
iPod Mini.

Can he do it? We'll just see.

DSCN0662.jpg
DSCN0664.jpg

Fairly bulky little thing, but sleek. Oh so sleek. And sexy. Oh so sexy.

DSCN0665.jpg

A terrible picture of the DS lite in its front compartment. VERY snug, very secure.

DSCN0667.jpg

One side of the inner containment pocket. Successfully holding GBA cart, DS cart, and all 5 styli, with room for at least 3-4 more DS carts, or 7-9 more without the GBA cart. And a bit of my hand fits on the side.

DSCN0668.jpg

The iPod Mini in its mesh compartment.

DSCN0669.jpg

I slid the charger behind the iPod, with enough room so it's not jammed. The tricky part is twisting the cord, but it can be done a number of ways and is easier and quicker than one might expect.

DSCN0670.jpg

My, how you've grown. Wait... have you?

DSCN0672.jpg
DSCN0673.jpg
DSCN0674.jpg

Now the part I'm really proud of: On the back of the case there is a velcro latch. Opening it reveals a sturdy band, like that used on a backpack. These particular headphones, like many, have a sort of hook that unlocks to wrap around the ear. Very convieniant. I hooked it over the band, and tapped it into place. It stays put, and it stays flat. Then it's simply a matter of "Halving" the cord a few times to make it compact enough to be placed under the velcro. This whole process takes about 15 seconds.

DSCN0675.jpg
DSCN0676.jpg

I hooked the cloth bag to the Multi Pouch's included latch, and it was accessable, without being in the way or dangling, once I put it under the velcro.

DSCN0677.jpg

One last side view. Pretty bulky thing there, but everything feels secure and sturdy. I feel like I could drop this thing off a building with minimal scafing.

DSCN0678.jpg

I give it 1 thumb up, because that's all that would fit in the frame. This thing is amazing.

Oh, here's me:

DSCN0679.jpg

Ain't I a doll? Look at me with that two-pound Game Boy case on my waist. Man, I'm awesome.

DSCN0681.jpg

See you, kiddies! EEEheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee!...

Very good review, OP. I'm a total pack rat, so I'm glad someone did a review where they cram as much junk into the pouch as possible. Reading the reviews from this thread had me leaning towards the multi pouch (assuming I get a DS Lite at some point), but I think your review sealed the deal. I was worried about it only having enough space for a couple games, but it looks like you could cram some more game cases with the charger in the net pocket.

Very glad to help, and I'm very appreciative of thanks. So the other 55 viewers who didn't reply brought a tear of lonesome despair to my eye. Gone is my faith in humanity, save for Yes3 and Judy3. I love you guys.

Memories.

You can definitely cram some game cases in there with the charger. As long as you don't mind that fact that it will bulge up in the back.

It's a great case.

-HM

Yes, there is certainly room for other things in the mesh pocket. I keep a headphone splitter in there most of the time. The thing really travels well, and it's impossible to lose. Also, should I ever buy a car jack, I'm almost certain it would fit under the velcro latch with the headphones.

When there's no more room...

bread's done
Back