A Nightmare On Elm Street DVD Box Set

Hardware

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This isn't necessarily a deal as it's not on sale, but I just realised most places are selling this for $45 or so. I bought it at Bestbuy last night, but then realized Deep Discount DVD has it for $38 Free Shipping. I'll return and get it from DDD now. I remember when this was $80 recently so I definitely think this is a deal worth pointing out.

Yea, i bought the box set back when Freddy Vs Jason came out, they had something like $20 off the box, it still came out to being more than $80. Sucks how these things go down in price so much, i remember paying $70 for the Matrix 10 disc collection, and now its only $29.99

[quote name='Bezerker']Yea, i bought the box set back when Freddy Vs Jason came out, they had something like $20 off the box, it still came out to being more than $80. Sucks how these things go down in price so much, i remember paying $70 for the Matrix 10 disc collection, and now its only $29.99[/QUOTE]

Wow, I understand what you are saying and I'm not trying to prove you wrong just curious. Do you know any place that has the Matrix Collection for $30? I would like to pick that up. I know I have seen it for $40 which is still a hell of a deal. I already own the 3 movies though so I don't want to spend too much just for the additional content. I'm assuming that prices are going to start dropping with Hi Definition around the corner.

[quote name='Hardware']Wow, I understand what you are saying and I'm not trying to prove you wrong just curious. Do you know any place that has the Matrix Collection for $30? I would like to pick that up. I know I have seen it for $40 which is still a hell of a deal. I already own the 3 movies though so I don't want to spend too much just for the additional content. I'm assuming that prices are going to start dropping with Hi Definition around the corner.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the regular price is $29, but I too have seen it for that price. I got the Deluxe Version with the bust for either $29 or $39 off of WOOT. Check around at like FYE or DDD or Outpost or Overstock etc.

[quote name='Hardware']This isn't necessarily a deal as it's not on sale, but I just realised most places are selling this for $45 or so. I bought it at Bestbuy last night, but then realized Deep Discount DVD has it for $38 Free Shipping. I'll return and get it from DDD now. I remember when this was $80 recently so I definitely think this is a deal worth pointing out.[/QUOTE]

i dont think this has been 80 bucks for years.. Target had it for around 30 last halloween and i saw it at a few places after that... I still think target sells them for 40 bucks

[quote name='slidecage']i dont think this has been 80 bucks for years.. Target had it for around 30 last halloween and i saw it at a few places after that... I still think target sells them for 40 bucks[/QUOTE]

You could be right possibly? My friend bought this about 3 months ago at Bestbuy for $60 and that was on sale. Honestly when the Girl rang it up yesterday it came to $84.79. I then said Whoa, I don't need it that bad, The sticker says $45.99. Then she did something and it showed up as a sale. Also I believe there was a 7 disc set at one time, this is an 8 disc set.

[quote name='Hardware']Wow, I understand what you are saying and I'm not trying to prove you wrong just curious. Do you know any place that has the Matrix Collection for $30? I would like to pick that up. I know I have seen it for $40 which is still a hell of a deal. .[/QUOTE]

Moviestop was where i saw it, good luck finding any locations though.

[quote name='slidecage']i dont think this has been 80 bucks for years.. Target had it for around 30 last halloween and i saw it at a few places after that... I still think target sells them for 40 bucks[/QUOTE]

Yup, it was cheaper than $30, I bought it at Target last October for $24 or $27. Crazy price! Circuit City still has it priced at $109 in-store.

I got mine for 70ish a few years back. Now I'm thinking about trading in the discs for a few new releases at moviestop and picking up a new one (box has taken some wear and tear and someone borrowed NOES 3 and never returned it).

[quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']does DDD have the best price on this?

i believe its 38 or 39 dollars.

any upcoming sales any ones heard on this?[/QUOTE]

I don't think you'll see it cheaper than DDD's price. Unless you wait til Halloween maybe it will go on sale.

[quote name='trunks982']its 35.60 at buy.com now with free shipping[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I just picked one up.

The NOES boxset retaled for $110 for years. This was, at its time, the biggest collectin of horror movies. Even at $110, for 8 discs it was a great price. I nabbed a new one on ebay last year for $40.

bread's done
Back