A Pac-Man movie is in the works (as well as Tekken and Castlevania)

[quote name='JEKKI']nah man, they needa do dat shit live action.

Frodo should play pac man.[/QUOTE]

William H. Macy should play Pac Man. He's perfect!

or these people would work well for live action ...

DMNPV4DB0AQY.JPG

[quote name='Maklershed']Did the original Pac Man games even have a story line?[/QUOTE]
It was a social commentary on the effects of Reaganomics on the lower class.

[quote name='weimerwanger']They should have the crack smoking pac man from bloodhound gang![/QUOTE]

Drugs are bad Pac Man. Puuuuusies. Wanna Freebase?

[quote name='guardian_owl']Pac-man WTF? What's next Tetris: The Movie.[/QUOTE]
There is a fun Penny arcade strip with tetris the movie. I will try to find it later.

[quote name='mcgavin27']There is a fun Penny arcade strip with tetris the movie. I will try to find it later.[/QUOTE]
Let's try and think of casting for Tetris the movie, who would play each of the pieces:
o=space

o**

o*
o*

o**

[quote name='guardian_owl']Let's try and think of casting for Tetris the movie, who would play each of the pieces:
o=space

**** - Shaq

** - Verne Troyer

* - Ryan Stiles

** - Mary-Kate Olsen
o**

** - Paul Wight (The Big Show)

o*
o* - Ryan Stiles

o** - Ashley Olsen
**[/QUOTE]
How's that?

First, there was Pac-Man: The Movie, then there was Tetrist: The Movie, now we present to you LUMINES: THE MOVIE

Rob Schneider was your average video game fanatic, until one day, something crazy happened, and he was sucked into his own game!

Get ready for a wakka-wakka-wacky comedy as Rob Schneider is... Pac-Man!

Rated PG-13

[quote name='Shinkuu Ryao']Rob Schneider was your average video game fanatic, until one day, something crazy happened, and he was sucked into his own game!

Get ready for a wakka-wakka-wacky comedy as Rob Schneider is... Pac-Man!

Rated PG-13[/QUOTE]
Derp dee derp dee derpy derp derp!

615_image_20.jpg

[quote name='gunm']Paul WS Anderson writing/directing Castlevania...it doesn't sound promising.[/QUOTE]

Make me wonder how he keep getting jobs?

[quote name='swissx1']Make me wonder how he keep getting jobs?[/QUOTE]
Mortal Kombat = Budget $20 mil, Gross $70.3 mil
Resident Evil = Budget $32 mil, Gross $39.5 mil + a tidy dvd profit I am sure from the initial release and the double dip
Resident Evil 2 (Writer Producer) = Budget $43 mil, Gross $50.7 mil + dvd profits
Alien Vs. Predator = Budget $45 mil, Gross $80.2 + I am sure a fairly large amount of dvd profits from the initial release and the double dip

All movies average to poor quality, but they brought in the bucks. Hollywood would gladly release a 90 minute film featuring one shot of a turd floating in a toliet if they believed people would come to the cinema to see it.

[quote name='guardian_owl']Hollywood would gladly release a 90 minute film featuring one shot of a turd floating in a toliet if they believed people would come to the cinema to see it.[/QUOTE]
Capitalism in action!

[quote name='guardian_owl']Mortal Kombat = Budget $20 mil, Gross $70.3 mil
Resident Evil = Budget $32 mil, Gross $39.5 mil + a tidy dvd profit I am sure from the initial release and the double dip
Resident Evil 2 (Writer Producer) = Budget $43 mil, Gross $50.7 mil + dvd profits
Alien Vs. Predator = Budget $45 mil, Gross $80.2 + I am sure a fairly large amount of dvd profits from the initial release and the double dip

All movies average to poor quality, but they brought in the bucks. Hollywood would gladly release a 90 minute film featuring one shot of a turd floating in a toliet if they believed people would come to the cinema to see it.[/QUOTE]

didnt Mortal kombat 2 flop? notice you didnt put that one in there

i probally go see a pacman movie.. sort of be cool if it was in 3 d .... What ever became of 3D didnt disney just invest billions into this new 3D stuff.. I know chicken little had 3D in very few places

[quote name='guardian_owl']Mortal Kombat = Budget $20 mil, Gross $70.3 mil

All movies average to poor quality, but they brought in the bucks. Hollywood would gladly release a 90 minute film featuring one shot of a turd floating in a toliet if they believed people would come to the cinema to see it.[/QUOTE]

But its fucking pac-man, their is no story to build on that game. His shape came from pizza, he chases ghosts. I guess if they animate it and make it a "kids" movie like pac-man has to save mrs pac-man.

I honestly can't believe they're are people backing the idea of a pacman movie, even if it had CGI. Its fuckING pacman, did anyone see Super Mario Bros.? It had a better storyline developed than a circle eatin dots, cherry's, and ghosts when the time is right. We have got to fight this before hollywood tries to pull a Space Invaders: The Movie.

[quote name='Graystone']But its fucking pac-man, their is no story to build on that game. His shape came from pizza, he chases ghosts. I guess if they animate it and make it a "kids" movie like pac-man has to save mrs pac-man.[/QUOTE]
They've made Pac-Man Christmas specials, so a movie shouldn't be that hard to make a movie out of the game.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Derp dee derp dee derpy derp derp!

615_image_20.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I just saw that episode a few days ago. That's Freaking Hilarious.

But really it looks like the well has run dry. I can think of 20 video games that would make better movies. Why is there no GTA movie ? You'd think that would get tons of people interested.

They've been trying for years, ever since the 3D Pac-Man games, to flesh Pac-Man to be an actual character who lives in his own crazy universe, like Mario or something.

[quote name='slidecage']didnt Mortal kombat 2 flop? notice you didnt put that one in there

i probally go see a pacman movie.. sort of be cool if it was in 3 d .... What ever became of 3D didnt disney just invest billions into this new 3D stuff.. I know chicken little had 3D in very few places[/QUOTE]
Ya, I left it off because Mr. Anderson didn't have anything to do with it, not the director, writer, producer, grip, gopher, cabana boy, or any other job on that project.

[quote name='Graystone']But its fucking pac-man, their is no story to build on that game. His shape came from pizza, he chases ghosts. I guess if they animate it and make it a "kids" movie like pac-man has to save mrs pac-man.[/QUOTE]
:whistle2:k hmm, Pac-man the movie...guess they could always go the Super Mario Bros. route and completely change almost everything. Maybe they'll just take the script of Ghostbusters and change Venkman to Pac-man and Dana Barret to the future Mrs. Pac-man. Change the proton packs to...cherry blasters...and the foot traps to...Pac-man's mouth. Then finally alter the ghost depository input slot to a toilet. Problem solved.

[quote name='ZeroSupporT'] We have got to fight this before hollywood tries to pull a Space Invaders: The Movie.[/QUOTE]

You mean Independence Day? With Will Smith? Made tons of $$?

[quote name='ZeroSupporT']I honestly can't believe they're are people backing the idea of a pacman movie, even if it had CGI. Its fuckING pacman, did anyone see Super Mario Bros.? It had a better storyline developed than a circle eatin dots, cherry's, and ghosts when the time is right. We have got to fight this before hollywood tries to pull a Space Invaders: The Movie.[/QUOTE]

They made taht one already and as a Kid I loved it.. Check out The Last Starfighter...

This thread makes my soul hurt:

"Pac-Man The Movie!

Starring Robert Deniro as Pacman and Christian Bale as The Evil Ghost.

Flopping soon at a theater near you!"

They need to make a Centipede movie before they do a Tekken Movie.

The world is over run by giant mushrooms and insects. Only Freddy Prinze Jr. has the what it takes to save the world....

A movie based on Bad Dudes could work. But who would play the "Bad Dudes"?

[quote name='MadFlava']
A movie based on Bad Dudes could work. But who would play the "Bad Dudes"?[/QUOTE]
Jaleel White (urkel) and Neil Patrick Harris

PacMan does have a story: some dude/thing gets trapped in a maze filled with ghosts and must collect pellets to escape--the ultimate survivor horror flick.

It'll be better than Street Fighter: The Movie and most likely surpass the DoA movie.

bread's done
Back