A question about leaving negative feedback

platinumsoldier

CAGiversary!
Feedback
143 (99%)
I was going to do a trade with a person on this site but I got a better offer and told him nicely (and apologized) that I was going to do the trade with this other person. He is now mad at me and is going to leave negative feedback. My question is that can he actually leave negative feedback even though we never really went through the trade? (I never shipped my items and he never shipped his items)

I think there is a spot people can post about others who backed out from a trade but I don't know if backing out before any items shipped could warrant negative feedback. If he does just explain to a mod what happened and it could possibly be removed.

i had a person on here once who was sending first never end up sending. He never end up sending or contacting me, i didnt know what do either so I just let it go. Didnt really want the item anyways but I was thinking about it it for a while.

So, just a minute ago he told me that I was in the wrong and that he told a mod about the situation and that the mod agreed with him that I deserved negative feedback. I still find that hard to believe since we both really didn't lose anything. So my next question is "Do I really deserve this negative feedback that I just got?"

I don't see anything on your profile. But there is always a point in a trade that can be called the point of no return. It's hard to tell where it is, but there always is one. That's why you should always let them know that it is possible that you may take another's offer. Tell them that your in talks with someione about it.

I think you deserve a neutral feedback. If you and the other party agreed to complete a trade and then you backed out (regardless of the reason), you've failed to honor the terms of the agreement between you and the other person. I say you deserve a neutral since no product had actually traded hands so no one is out anything, but once you've agreed to complete a trade, its just bad form to back out. I have two copies of Lost Odyssey from not paying attention to trades here on CAG that happened in November, but its my fault not the other trader's. I didn't feel right backing out because I had made the mistake and had already committed to the transaction.

LOL If someone 'deserves' negative feedback JUST for backing out of a deal, then I should have as many negatives as I do positives on here. Be it that I was indecisive or just plain lethargic(lazy)that week, I've backed out of dozens of deals, but I've made sure that the other person knew that I no longer wanted the deal and to look to make a deal with someone else.

To me, as long as no personal information(shipping addresses) has changed hands and no one has committed to a shipping date/time for 'their end', then it's no harm/no foul.

If anything, people on here should be graded on the level of communication before, during and after a deal. I always try to make sure I stay in contact with people I trade/sell/buy from, so much so that at times I swear I'm pestering them with so many PM's.

I've made offers and had offers made to me before for deals, only to get nothing in return back. A simple 'no thank you' would take all of 20 seconds to send, yet such common courtesy isn't even a consideration on here at times.

Have I done it? Yes, I have. When someone makes you an offer than you just wanna laugh at, do you really need to respond? But yeah, common courtesy means at least sending a response, even if you wanna go 'are you fuckin' nuts?!?!?!' at the offer.

It seems that my feedback is back to normal now and the negative feedback is gone. Thank you to the person who changed it and thank you for all the advice everyone!

[quote name='platinumsoldier']It seems that my feedback is back to normal now and the negative feedback is gone. Thank you to the person who changed it and thank you for all the advice everyone![/QUOTE]You'll be getting it back, as I recommended you get one, since it was a pretty poor move to back out of a trade that was pretty much a done deal. Especially when you backed out of said trade four days after the supposed ship date of your item from the trade.

It was removed by a mod, and it'll be sticking this time around when it's left for the second time. Plus, you've been added to the BTL for the trade you backed out on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's BS, if no items shipped you have every right to cancel the deal. It may be annoying but negative feedback should be reserved for people who don't ship at all or sell bad merchandise, I wouldn't lump you with them, perhaps a neutral but not a negative. He didn't do anything dishonest, but he should kept to his bargain once a deal had been made. I disagree with the uptight mods, this is clearly not negative feedback material.

He agreed to the deal and backed out of it four days after he was supposed to ship. That's not shipping at all, and he should have stuck to the deal he worked out, rather than slime his way out of the deal to a better one. The other party was planning on the deal and had expectations it would follow through, and when it doesn't, there's a sign of more trouble to be had with the OP.

[quote name='jputahraptor']I think it's BS, if no items shipped you have every right to cancel the deal. It may be annoying but negative feedback should be reserved for people who don't ship at all or sell bad merchandise.[/QUOTE]

I've cancelled deals before and to me as long as nothing has been shipped either party has the right to change their mind, whether it's they get a better deal or whatever.

Even if addresses have been exchanged, as long as no one has spent money on shipping something as of yet, the deal should be able to be cancelled by either party for whatever reason with no harm/no foul.

Of course, I do tend to send a very quick PM when I change my mind, so the other person doesn't wait forever to hear from me one way or the other.

It's no different than backing out a deal on eBay and ending up with a NPB strike for not paying for the item you agreed to purchase.

I gather we didnt get all the details, so although ive never left negative feedback, id agree that certain situations do merit it. Ive bitten a few bucks on ebay deals, but generally just live with it. But i definitely honor any agreement to buy an item. Im not a trader but would honor any trade id agreed to if i were...

i've been apartment hunting on craigslist for the last couple of weeks. i viewed this one place that worked amazingly for me, and asked the current boarders if they'd let me rent the room. they said yes. i went home and followed up with other apartments i had viewed, telling them that i decided to go with one that suited me really nicely.

then the people that had agreed to let me rent emailed me saying "we decided to go with the other guy, because we'd like somebody older and closer to our age. sorry, and good luck."

i guess what i'm trying to say is that you're a douche.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's no different than backing out a deal on eBay and ending up with a NPB strike for not paying for the item you agreed to purchase.[/QUOTE]
Couldnt agree more. Dont commit to a transaction until you are ready to follow through. Dont waste other peoples time and money.

Hearing what Shrike has to say I agree its deserved, backing out of a trade is one thing but backing out four days after your supposed to have shipped isn't fair to the other party involved. In my opinion I feel backing out is ok as long as its done before an actual shipping date has been established by all involved, even then I would forgive a day of back out with proper communication by the other party, but thats me.

Here's the last couple PM's sent to the other party working through the trade:

PM's]The first post below was sent 12-03-09 at 5:48pm. He was never heard back from him again until 12-07-09 at 11:56pm. [quote name='platinumsoldier'][quote name='platinumsoldier']Ok said:
Hello, its me again. I've just been offered a better trade for the bag. I am most likely going to do the trade with him and I wanted to apologize for abandoning my trade with you. However, if you see anything else in my trade list that is of interest, please let me know.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blaked569']i've been apartment hunting on craigslist for the last couple of weeks. i viewed this one place that worked amazingly for me, and asked the current boarders if they'd let me rent the room. they said yes. i went home and followed up with other apartments i had viewed, telling them that i decided to go with one that suited me really nicely.

then the people that had agreed to let me rent emailed me saying "we decided to go with the other guy, because we'd like somebody older and closer to our age. sorry, and good luck."

i guess what i'm trying to say is that you're a douche.[/QUOTE]
pretty much sums it up.

[quote name='shrike4242']Here's the last couple PM's sent to the other party working through the trade:[/QUOTE]

Shrike, I never said that "I'll ship tomorrow". I said that I can ship on Friday. I'll even forward you the entire conversation we had myself.

Also, I'll be willing to forward the entire conversation to anybody, if they want to know the complete story. Just PM if you do.

[quote name='platinumsoldier']Shrike, I never said that "I'll ship tomorrow". I said that I can ship on Friday. I'll even forward you the entire conversation we had myself.

Also, I'll be willing to forward the entire conversation to anybody, if they want to know the complete story. Just PM if you do.[/QUOTE]Feel free. I already have it.

I think everyone should chill out a bit. This turned from a simple question thread to a flame war. I would honestly almost never make a trade if I didn't have a back up. I personally have turned down several offers because I was worried about getting locked into something. I guess it all comes down to who you're dealing with and if there's even the slightest bit of hesitation in your mind, you should say okay.

[quote name='Jbently']The fact that you were still taking offers on an item after a deal had been made just shows how big of a douche you are.[/QUOTE]

lol I'm a douche, yeah ok. So, if you went to a clothing store and saw something you liked and told a worker that you will come back later to buy it but then saw the same item for cheaper somewhere else, wouldn't you just buy the cheaper one? Or would you go back to the first store with the higher price and buy it but say "Yeah, I found this item for cheaper but I'm buying it here since I don't want random people thinking that I'm a "douche"."

It just seems like you were unlucky with the choice of person to trade with. I have had people back out of offers several times, but it doesn't bother me. I would never leave negative feedback for deciding to not go through a deal...That is just ridiculous. Sure, if I have multiple offers, I go with the first guy that contacts me.. but if someone else after him offers more I'll trade with the higher payer. That is the most logical thing to do is it not?

[quote name='platinumsoldier']lol I'm a douche, yeah ok. So, if you went to a clothing store and saw something you liked and told a worker that you will come back later to buy it but then saw the same item for cheaper, wouldn't you just buy the cheap item? Or would you go back to the first store with the higher price and buy it but say "Yeah, I found this item for cheaper but I'm buying it here since the people on an online community might think I'm a "douche"."[/QUOTE]

That analogy makes no sense and doesn't bear any resemblance to your situation anyway. It just makes you sound like even more of a douche.

[quote name='arcane93']That analogy makes no sense and doesn't bear any resemblance to your situation anyway. It just makes you sound like even more of a douche.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I forgot to place some words in the analogy. Check it out now and how does it not make sense?

[quote name='platinumsoldier']Oh, I forgot to place some words in the analogy. Check it out now and how does it not make sense?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't make sense because stores are not people. The salesperson in the store really couldn't give a damn if you buy the item or not, someone else will probably buy it if you don't, and he gets paid anyway. He's got nothing to lose either way. Here, you screwed over a specific individual who was presumably looking forward to receiving the particular item that you were supposed to send to him for his own personal use and enjoyment.

Here's my take on it -- when you put up something for trade and someone sends you an offer, it's totally cool to say "I'll think about it and get back to you" and wait for better offers if you think that you can do better. The moment that you tell that person that they have a deal, though, you've made an agreement, and you shouldn't be shopping the item around further. The item is, essentially, no longer yours assuming that he holds up his end of the bargain. That you even told him that you would ship it and then didn't, and you made your other deal several days after he thought that it was on its way to him, only makes it worse.

Here's a slightly better (still not great, but it's late and I'm tired ;)) analogy for you -- you call up a store and talk to the owner (I'm saying this so that he has an actual stake in what price the item sells for), and ask if he has an item that you want. He says yes, and you ask him to hold it for you. He says that he will, and even calls you back to tell you that it's waiting for you behind the counter. When you go into the store to pick it up, though, he tells you that someone else came in and wanted it, and made him a slightly better offer, so he gave it to them instead. Wouldn't you be pissed?

[quote name='arcane93']It doesn't make sense because stores are not people. The salesperson in the store really couldn't give a damn if you buy the item or not, someone else will probably buy it if you don't, and he gets paid anyway. He's got nothing to lose either way. Here, you screwed over a specific individual who was presumably looking forward to receiving the particular item that you were supposed to send to him for his own personal use and enjoyment.

Here's my take on it -- when you put up something for trade and someone sends you an offer, it's totally cool to say "I'll think about it and get back to you" and wait for better offers if you think that you can do better. The moment that you tell that person that they have a deal, though, you've made an agreement, and you shouldn't be shopping the item around further. The item is, essentially, no longer yours assuming that he holds up his end of the bargain. That you even told him that you would ship it and then didn't, and you made your other deal several days after he thought that it was on its way to him, only makes it worse.

Here's a slightly better (still not great, but it's late and I'm tired ;)) analogy for you -- you call up a store and talk to the owner (I'm saying this so that he has an actual stake in what price the item sells for), and ask if he has an item that you want. He says yes, and you ask him to hold it for you. He says that he will, and even calls you back to tell you that it's waiting for you behind the counter. When you go into the store to pick it up, though, he tells you that someone else came in and wanted it, and made him a slightly better offer, so he gave it to them instead. Wouldn't you be pissed?[/QUOTE]

True, yeah I made a mistake and I admit that but I don't think that warrants a negative feedback since both of us didn't lose anything materialistically.

My take on your analogy: I would be a little pissed but in the end he is running a business and he must do what he must do to sustain it. Besides if I was the manager, truthfully I would have done the same. However, if the customer put money down on it already (like a pre-order), then it would be a different story.

[quote name='platinumsoldier']True, yeah I made a mistake and I admit that but I don't think that warrants a negative feedback since both of us didn't lose anything materialistically. [/QUOTE]

Honestly, what this shows more than anything is that you clearly don't understand the point of the feedback system. It's not bragging rights like an XBox achievement -- it's meant to let others know what experiences people have had in trading with you, so that they can make their own decisions on whether to trade with you or not. Whether you like it or not, he did have a negative experience in trading with you -- you made a deal with him and then backed out. It is right for him to let others know that you are the sort of person who will do this, so that they have fair warning that they might have a similar experience.

If the negative feedback didn't come with any kind of explanation, then yes, I would say that it was harsh. However, it says exactly what happened -- "User cancelled trade a few days after accepted." People looking at your trading profile will know why you received the feedback, and will be able to decide based on that information whether they want to trade with you.

And here's why it's important -- sure, you might have made a mistake and you might be willing to admit to it, and it might only happen once. But what if you have a serial habit of making deals and backing out of them? Don't others have a right to know that? Wouldn't you want to know that about someone if you were making a deal with them? If people don't leave the feedback, then no one knows it's happening.

Honestly, one negative feedback isn't all that bad. You can reverse its effects pretty easily by making more good deals and getting more positive feedback to offset it. But it is your wake-up call that this is a community, and that certain behavior is not acceptable here.

[quote name='platinumsoldier']My take on your analogy: I would be a little pissed but in the end he is running a business and he must do what he must do to sustain it. Besides if I was the manager, truthfully I would have done the same. However, if the customer put money down on it already (like a pre-order), then it would be a different story.[/QUOTE]

I hear you, but honestly I don't believe you that you'd really just shrug it off like that. I think you'd probably go around and tell all your friends how pissed you are with that store and that they shouldn't shop there.

[quote name='arcane93']Honestly, what this shows more than anything is that you clearly don't understand the point of the feedback system. It's not bragging rights like an XBox achievement -- it's meant to let others know what experiences people have had in trading with you, so that they can make their own decisions on whether to trade with you or not. Whether you like it or not, he did have a negative experience in trading with you -- you made a deal with him and then backed out. It is right for him to let others know that you are the sort of person who will do this, so that they have fair warning that they might have a similar experience.

If the negative feedback didn't come with any kind of explanation, then yes, I would say that it was harsh. However, it says exactly what happened -- "User cancelled trade a few days after accepted." People looking at your trading profile will know why you received the feedback, and will be able to decide based on that information whether they want to trade with you.

And here's why it's important -- sure, you might have made a mistake and you might be willing to admit to it, and it might only happen once. But what if you have a serial habit of making deals and backing out of them? Don't others have a right to know that? Wouldn't you want to know that about someone if you were making a deal with them? If people don't leave the feedback, then no one knows it's happening.

Honestly, one negative feedback isn't all that bad. You can reverse its effects pretty easily by making more good deals and getting more positive feedback to offset it. But it is your wake-up call that this is a community, and that certain behavior is not acceptable here.

I hear you, but honestly I don't believe you that you'd really just shrug it off like that. I think you'd probably go around and tell all your friends how pissed you are with that store and that they shouldn't shop there.[/QUOTE]

Actually after reading that, you made a really good point and I agree with you that maybe I do deserve the negative feedback. I guess I just got unlucky since my first shipping trade was with a strict trader. But it seems that I'm not the only one who backs out since people say that it happens often, even though they don't recieve negative feedback for it.

Thanks arcane, you actually helped out a lot.

[quote name='platinumsoldier']Actually after reading that, you made a really good point and I agree with you that maybe I do deserve the negative feedback. I guess I just got unlucky since my first shipping trade was with a strict trader. But it seems that I'm not the only one who backs out since people say that it happens often, even though they don't recieve negative feedback for it.

Thanks arcane, you actually helped out a lot.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'm glad that you took it as constructive rather than as just giving you a hard time. As far as I'm concerned (haha, as if my opinion really matters), if you learned from the incident and won't be a repeat offender, then no harm, no foul in the long run. Of course, I'm not the guy you traded with and he might feel differently! ;)

I don't think that there are as many people backing out of trades in this manner. When people say it happens often they are referring to deals where they have lots of communicatio with a trader and you have the deal all worked out and your ready to figure out shipping and the trader backs out for whatever reason. That happens too often and is what the bad trader list is for.

[quote name='rmb']I don't think that there are as many people backing out of trades in this manner. When people say it happens often they are referring to deals where they have lots of communicatio with a trader and you have the deal all worked out and your ready to figure out shipping and the trader backs out for whatever reason. That happens too often and is what the bad trader list is for.[/QUOTE]

Why do people who just decide they don't wanna do a deal while keeping in constant communication with the other person 'need' to be put on the bad trader list? Because they decided to change their minds?

Gimme a break.

I could understand if a deal is made, addresses are exchanged and one person has agreed to ship, then the person who agreed to ship disappears for about a month and doesn't let the other person know that they changed their mind.

But to me if I get a better offer/deal on an item and I haven't yet shipped it to someone who I may have made a deal with(and it's only been 2-3 days or so), I'm gonna take that offer. You all may think that's wrong, but I don't.

Hell. I just had a recent deal change in the middle of it due to the other person selling the item. So then we changed it into a deal where they were paying me for what I was supposed to just be straight up trading for their item, which worked out better for me in the end since I prefer cash over trades anyway.

Neither of us was going 'zomg you made a deal and now you're changing it. That's it, I'm leaving negative feedback'.

If someone gets a better deal, I expect them to take it, as I know I would(and have). But to give negative feedback for just looking out for yourself.....is ludicrous.

Then again, I keep in constant contact with most people I've dealt with on here, so much so that at times I really feel like I'm pestering them with so many PM's.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Why do people who just decide they don't wanna do a deal while keeping in constant communication with the other person 'need' to be put on the bad trader list? Because they decided to change their minds?

Gimme a break.

I could understand if a deal is made, addresses are exchanged and one person has agreed to ship, then the person who agreed to ship disappears for about a month and doesn't let the other person know that they changed their mind.

But to me if I get a better offer/deal on an item and I haven't yet shipped it to someone who I may have made a deal with(and it's only been 2-3 days or so), I'm gonna take that offer. You all may think that's wrong, but I don't.

Hell. I just had a recent deal change in the middle of it due to the other person selling the item. So then we changed it into a deal where they were paying me for what I was supposed to just be straight up trading for their item, which worked out better for me in the end since I prefer cash over trades anyway.

Neither of us was going 'zomg you made a deal and now you're changing it. That's it, I'm leaving negative feedback'.

If someone gets a better deal, I expect them to take it, as I know I would(and have). But to give negative feedback for just looking out for yourself.....is ludicrous.

Then again, I keep in constant contact with most people I've dealt with on here, so much so that at times I really feel like I'm pestering them with so many PM's.[/QUOTE]

okay well that's why you get put on the bad trader list - because you're looking out for yourself (rather selfishly), at the expense of others.

in most cases, breaking word like this is probably inconsequential, and the other guy probably couldn't care less. however, imagine a situation in which Goofus and Gallant have agreed on a trade. after the agreement, Gallant sees a better deal for the game that he wants, or a better return for the game that he offers - however, he passes the opportunities up out of respect for Goofus. However, Goofus waits four days to tell Gallant that he wants to back out of the deal. Not only is it inconsiderate to Gallant, but Gallant has also been screwed out of possible deals he could have taken, but forgone out of respect, only to be screwed over by Goofus.

[quote name='blaked569']okay well that's why you get put on the bad trader list - because you're looking out for yourself (rather selfishly), at the expense of others.

in most cases, breaking word like this is probably inconsequential, and the other guy probably couldn't care less. however, imagine a situation in which Goofus and Gallant have agreed on a trade. after the agreement, Gallant sees a better deal for the game that he wants, or a better return for the game that he offers - however, he passes the opportunities up out of respect for Goofus. However, Goofus waits four days to tell Gallant that he wants to back out of the deal. Not only is it inconsiderate to Gallant, but Gallant has also been screwed out of possible deals he could have taken, but forgone out of respect, only to be screwed over by Goofus.[/QUOTE]

But that's why I said that I stay in constant contact with people I'm dealing with, so that if I decide I just don't want to do the deal then no one is out anything but time at that point.

Of course, judging by some of the responses when there's a sale/deal and people have to wait 'zomg 5 minutes at Best Buy for them to go get a game from the back' some people value their time a little too highly on here. They would be the type of jackoffs to want to post negative feedback for having waited 12 hours for me to tell them I'm backing out of a deal because I just don't want the item anymore.

And why is it wrong to look out for one's self? That's what happened with one of the recent deals I made, is that the other person decided that instead of a straight up trade they would sell the item I was trading for to someone else online and instead buy the items I was trading them.

It worked out for both of us though, as the item I was trading for was only worth about $5 to me anyway and I have a feeling I'll run across a deal for it soon enough for that amount.

To me(and yes, this is selfish according to some of you oh-so-honorable people), until one of the parties sends their end of a deal a deal can still be broken with no harm/no foul as no one has lost anything but time at this point.

I've had someone on here back out of a trade after our addresses were exchanged due to him saying he had a lack of funds. Not a problem, as I like to be understanding of other people's situations. However, he never contacted me about the trade again and bumped his TL the same day he backed out. He was also bidding on lowballs a few days later.

I've had people back out of trades before too, but it was an earlier warning than 4 days after the agreed ship date, which does, imo, deserve some sort of negative feedback. It's not quite on the scope of the apartment thing, but it does run in the same vein, and is more like the example of having a store hold something for you, then turn around and sell it.

I myself had to back out of a trade once too... I had the item on ebay as buy it now, someone (here?) contacted me about it, I said ok, and right when I went to cancel the ebay listing, it sold. But thankfully, I didn't get a negative feedback for it.

I think if the OP got to the point in the trade where they had the other person's address, and were supposed to ship, they are backing out on a trade. (And it sounds like that's what happened here.) That deserves a neg.

In the past, I *think* threads have came up where mods said no negatives if items were agreed upon, but shipping addresses weren't exchanged, and a specific ship date wasn't set.

I think those are the two pre-deal issues.

Okay, after reading a couple more posts, I have decided that I shall publicly post the entire trading conversation I had with him word for word. You decide if it was wrong or not. Here it is:

Start Conversation

Me-Hey, I have a mirror's edge runners bag. It's the yellow one that faith carries in the game. I got it from the pre-order from gamestop and it is still in the bag unopened. What are you willing trade for it?

Him-Once I get some more money in my paypal account, I'm willing to pay $20 for it through paypal. I'd be willing to give up a game or two, depending on the game. Probably about $30 worth of games. Anything on my list you are interested in?

Me-Wait, do you mean $20 in paypal and $30 worth in games or just one? Things I'm interested in your trade list are the sony bluetooth headset(Is it the official one for the ps3 with the charger?), the Rock Band 2 Cymbal 2 Pack(Is it for the 360?), and the Lego Rock Band Import Code. Also, are these in really good condition? I'll be willing take a picture of the bag if you take a picture of these items.

Him-I was saying $20 paypal OR $30 in gaming stuff. I would be willing to trade anyone of the 3 items you mentioned.
I don't require pictures of the bag, as long as you say it's in good condition. If you need pictures of the items you are interested in, let me know.
And yes on all questions. Official Sony brand Blutooth, with cradle and charge wire, RB2 Cymbals are for 360.

Me-Okay. Do you want to trade your sony bluetooth headset and your 360 lego rock band import code for my runner's bag? I'll also throw in a beta code for Battlefield Bad Company 2 for free if you decide to do this trade. Also, can I see some pics of the headset, cradle, and charge wire?

Him-I'll email you some pictures. I don't have a way to upload them to a website, and the only way to insert pics is the do so through a website.
I'd trade either the headset or the import code, but not both. I also don't have any need for the BFBC2 beta, I have no online at my home.

Me-Ok, that's cool. My e-mail is [email protected]. Okay, so the final trade is my runner's bag for your ps3 bluetooth headset right? Also, can you ship the headset on Friday, since I can ship your bag on Friday?

Him-I'll email you the pictures tonight. As far as shipping, lower shipping sends first. I will send out the headset once I receive the messenger bag. That is the standard CAG rule.

Me-Okay. I took a pic of the runners bag, look in my trade list. Also, what is your shipping address?

Him-Bag looks good. Can't wait to get it. Thanks!
I took a picture of the headset, but left my charge cable at home(no net at home, so must use office net), so if I make it back up here tonight, I'll send it. If not, first thing in the AM
mailing address
"He then sends his shipping address"

Me-Okay, cool. Also, did you double check your mailing address to see if it is 100% correct and you're positive that the headset works right? Sorry for asking so many questions, just want to make sure this trade goes perfectly. lol

Him-Address is correct. I havn't used the headset in about 2 months, but I just synced it up no problems.

Me-Ok, I'll ship the bag tomorrow afternoon. If I can't, I'll tell you.

Me-Hello, its me again. I've just been offered a better trade for the bag. (My ME bag and Vandal Hearts (PS1) for his Call of Duty MW2 (PS3) and $15 in paypal) I am most likely going to do the trade with him and I wanted to apologize for abandoning my trade with you. However, if you see anything else in my trade list that is of interest, please let me know.

Him-Just so you know, we had agreed upon a trade, and you are now backing out of that. That warrants a NEGATIVE! The ME bag should have been in the mail on it's way to me by now. I do not appreciate this, and I will be leaving appropriate feedback.

Me-I'm sorry to see that you are disappointed but how can you give me negative feedback when technically the trade hasn't really been performed yet? You didn't lose anything from this since I was the person that had to ship first, if you had shipped first, I would have not backed out of the trade since that would have been unfair and wrong. Again, I apologize and hope that you understand.

Him-Once a trade is agreed upon, it is done. You are not living up to your part of the deal, so I AM losing something in this. I am not getting the ME bag that I want. I also passed might have missed other people who had ME bags to trade that I could have traded with. I also might have missed out on people looking for the headset that I took off my trade list because it was, as far as I was concerned, yours now.
Point is, once we agreed to trade, you should have taken the ME bag off your list. but you kept it on there. I have spoken with a Mod here, and I was told I have every right to leave negative, which I am doing.

End Conversation

[quote name='platinumsoldier']Okay, after reading a couple more posts, I have decided that I shall publicly post the entire trading conversation I had with him word for word. You decide if it was wrong or not.
[/QUOTE]Sorry man, but from that conversation you were in the wrong to back out. You should have shipped when you said you would but didn't, rather you kept shopping the bag around. You apparently had an address to ship to but chose not to.

it boggles my mind that the OP sees nothing wrong with this. no, it's not the end of the world. no, it wasn't anything major. however, it makes you a shitty trader, thus warranting a negative so that others may be aware that trades with you might not go perfectly (and they don't).

bread's done
Back