A question about Target and Wiis

shadoz19

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
How do they handle it when they advertise the Wii? I'm assuming they'll have at least list 6 or 7 to a store on the Sunday that starts the ad. My big question is do they hand out vouchers before the store opens or does everyone just have to make a mad dash for the video game isle?

My nephew works for target (electronics section). When they have them in/advertised they hand out vouchers at 7 a.m. and you can go home and come back to claim it up to 1 hour after they open. YMMV of course.

When I got my Wii back in Dec, 06 they handed out vouchers at 7:00 a.m. and they said that we could leave if we wanted to but if we were not there at 8:00 a.m. when the store opened they would sell the Wii to some one else.

I know the Target in my area has 45 Wiis. The amount of Wiis a store receives is all based upon how the size of the store (based upon its sales totals). My store is A+, so 50 is probably the most any store will have on hand. I'd ask the guy who works in electronics today. Most of the time they will be nice enough to give you a number on how many they are holding for tomorrow.

All the major stores do it the same way, as detailed above. Vouchers 1 hour before open, and then you can do something else an hour before open.

Most people seem to get their vouchers, go get breakfast and come back at store opening to go pick up their Wii. As stated above, some stores do give you a small window of time from opening to get your Wii.

I know that I'm in a high traffic area so I know my Target will have a lot of Wii's, but how early would you get there to wait in line? I was thinking no later than 6am, since they should hand out the vouchers at 7. Thanks for all of your input so far guys!

Lol the store I work at, doesn't do the hand out the slips at seven o clock thing, its first come first serve, so whoever gets there first gets one. Also I had a few disgruntled guests come in at ten o clock saying five to ten minutes ago the operator said there was still wiis in stock when we already sold out. >_>...

[quote name='shadoz19']I got it! Thanks again to everyone for the advice! :D[/quote]

Congrats! On a side note, how unreal/sick is it that you can't just walk into a store and get one of these right off the shelf so long after launch? /end rant

[quote name='LuisRM']Congrats! On a side note, how unreal/sick is it that you can't just walk into a store and get one of these right off the shelf so long after launch? /end rant[/quote]
Its nintendo we are talking about thus its expected of them now >_>.. they can't even keep nintendo DSes in stock nowadays..

My uncle did this for my cousins this past sunday. They let them stand in line in the hallway because its COLD here, and they hand out tickets, get there an hour before opening and you will get one, probably only about 10 tickets per store, he was #8 and got one no problem.

Target is one of the easiest places to get a Sunday-morning Wii where I live. I got mine a year ago this month, and I didn't even get there all that early. Like someone said, they come out and hand out vouchers before the store opens, then you can leave and grab breakfast before coming back to pick up your "reserved" Wii (I think your voucher reserves it for a few hours).

I walked in there Sunday Morning (10AM) looking to pick up the PS2 deal, as a back up, mine is over 6 years old now, but they still had Wiis there, so I pulled out the card and picked one up instead. now off to find good games before I open it.

I got to the Target and stood in line at 5:40 am. They passed out vouchers at 7:30 am and then again at 8 am when the girl still had some left. After the girl passed out vouchers when the store opened at 8, she still had some left. She wouldn't tell us how many they actually had. Someone claimed they called the store the day before and was told that they would have 50, so... who knows.

bread's done
Back