A question.

If you're using a desktop, yes. Chances are it doesn't have one built in.

If you're on a laptop, however, most have them built in, but it's not guaranteed.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']If your router is close enough to your 360 you can just get some CAT5 cable and run that between the two.[/quote]

Well I don't it to go all over the place.

[quote name='EarthKing']Well I don't it to go all over the place.[/quote]then yes, you need the adapter.

Or you could do what i did, and drill some holes in the walls and run the cable that way. I got fed up trying to move routers and modems around so all my cords would reach. So used a drill and in like 5 minutes everything was connected, with minimal mess and only minor structural damage.

[quote name='thealternakid']Or you could do what i did, and drill some holes in the walls and run the cable that way. I got fed up trying to move routers and modems around so all my cords would reach. So used a drill and in like 5 minutes everything was connected, with minimal mess and only minor structural damage.[/QUOTE]
Not the best idea if you rent. I have cords all over my APT, it is a mess (doesn't believe in wireless.)

[quote name='EarthKing']Why do I need it?[/QUOTE]

You don't seem too bright. Just go buy the official Microsoft wireless adapter and pay someone to install it for you.

[quote name='mmn']You don't seem too bright. Just go buy the official Microsoft wireless adapter and pay someone to install it for you.[/QUOTE]
The 'Geek Squad' will hook it up for you for $129 :lol: :lol:

[quote name='Scorch']..TO PLAY OVER XBOX LIVE?

What's with the surge of stupid people here lately? I wonder if EarthKing is related to TheFreshPrince.[/quote]

WTF is your problem?????????? fuck ing :censored:. I don't know anything about the xbox....:censored:.

[quote name='EarthKing']WTF is your problem?????????? fuck ing :censored:. I don't know anything about the xbox....:censored:.[/QUOTE]

You want to play on XBox Live via a wireless network. You asked if you needed the object that allows the XBox to connect to XBox Live wirelessly. Then you asked if you needed it. This goes far beyond not knowing anything about the XBox. It's like asking if you need cable to watch MTV, then asking why you need a cable line to watch cable tv.

[quote name='Scorch']You want to play on XBox Live via a wireless network. You asked if you needed the object that allows the XBox to connect to XBox Live wirelessly. Then you asked if you needed it. This goes far beyond not knowing anything about the XBox. It's like asking if you need cable to watch MTV, then asking why you need a cable line to watch cable tv.[/QUOTE]

lol

hehe guys, be easy on him. There are a lot of young kids nowadays with lots of money to blow on (5 year old owns a 360?)

Ok but be serious - i never read into it maybe one of you guys can help me out....

I have wireless router, I just have to make sure it's one of those compatible router on xbox 360 site right? The next thing is to buy that 99 dollar accessory for 360... Is there any 3rd party or cheaper way for that? 99 bux just for that wireless "receiver" thing?

If you can find one used at GS or EB, they're $70. I just looked it up on the GS website and did a store search. Works perfectly. I also think there is a 3rd Party adapter. I saw it at Microcenter the other day, but I can't remember the brand or find a link. If I remember correctly, it was $80. Anyone seen this around?

Hey just buy a linksys game adapter, its a 802.11b but it works fine(can stream music and play without lag), I bought it like 2 years ago and it was 50 then, so you can probably buy it for cheaper.

[quote name='Scorch']You want to play on XBox Live via a wireless network. You asked if you needed the object that allows the XBox to connect to XBox Live wirelessly. Then you asked if you needed it. This goes far beyond not knowing anything about the XBox. It's like asking if you need cable to watch MTV, then asking why you need a cable line to watch cable tv.[/QUOTE]

O' Dude that was good stuff.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']Hey just buy a linksys game adapter, its a 802.11b but it works fine(can stream music and play without lag), I bought it like 2 years ago and it was 50 then, so you can probably buy it for cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for not knowing anything...

Does this game adapter replace the need for that 99 bux 360 add-on accessory?

I mean, does that mean I can buy this, have thsi thing connected to my wireless network, and hook up ethernet cable from my 360 to this game adapter?

Gosh I am so outdated on this game stuff.

You won't need the 360 wireless adapter if you buy that game adapter Dragonsbane suggested. If you can find it, the official Xbox wireless game adapter works as well. Saw some on clearance at some Targets for around $40 a few months back so it should be cheaper now assuming you can find it.

bread's done
Back