a simple trip to a local flea market...

refusedchaos

CAGiversary!
Feedback
272 (100%)
100_0459.jpg

Ahh, the flea market. It has never disappointed me. Well it had been about 2 months since i last went to my local flea market. I figured i should go this weekend before i blow my cash on something big after Christmas. So i woke up and left at 7am (having gone to bed at 1am:lol: ) and got there around 8 (had to make a stop at J Box).

My first stop was at a guy who sells returned merchandise from Best Buy. Saw a deck of cards from the Bleach trading card game for $5 but passed since it was tired of collecting cards. However, i did find a Turtle Beach Ear Force AXT mic for Xbox. I was in business for a mic since my crappy MS brand 360 mic broke again and i didnt feel like paying $22 for another one. He wanted $20 but CIFed it for $10.

I walked around for a while, spoting trashed atari games and way overpriced N64 games. Then i came to a guy who and $5 games. i snatched up minty copies of Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance and Yanya Caballista: City Skater (complete w/ outer box and finger board controller) CIFed for $7. I was really surprised to see a copy of Yanya Caballista: City Skater that had its outer box and finger board controller.

I was satified on what i had so far but i keep saying to myself "Come on! give me some killer deals!" I keeping walking around, seeing junk and chinese bootleg copies of concerts of Kiss, Van Halen, and other oldie rock groups. Then i came upon a guy and girl selling used dvds for $5 each. I looked around the bins and saw copies of The Thing, The Butterfly Effect, and some other crappy movies. Then i came upon a bin that some anime dvds. The have various volumes of Witch Hunter Robin, .hack//Sign, Intital D, and Hellsing. i passed since they were Geneon/Anime Legend reprints. i did find a smashed copy of the Sorcer Hunter Complete Collection but it was missing discs. But, i found Part 1 of the Fruits Basket series collection (jap import, no engilsh), Arc the Lad Collection, and Collection 1, 2, and 3 of Outlaw Star (basically whole series).They wanted $70 for it cause they said that those anime dvds are "rare" and people asked for them a lot. I CIFed for $45, and after some staring at my cash they took it:D However, i still feel i paid too much but o well.

It was 11, i was on my last row,i was down to $13, and my legs were getting tired. I saw a lady who was selling music cds and other junk. i looked around and found a black label copy of Legend of Dragoon but it was missing the manuel and disc 3 was replaced with "Busty Cops 2" (Busty Cops FTW!!!!) so i put it back. i was getting tired of looking through her crap boxes of old aol discs and copy pc games untill i spoted and disc only Tales of Destiny and screamed inside:lol: diging through that same box i found: Chrono Cross (disc only), T.R.A.G.: Mission of Mercy (complete), FF Chronicles (complete), and...FF7 (has only back cover art)!!! I nervously asked how much for the lot and she said $10!!! i quickly paid her and away to my car with my goodies i go!
It was a tiring day was it was worth it!!!!

in short:
Turtle Beach Ear Force AXT mic
Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance
Yanya Caballista: City Skater (complete w/ outer box and finger board controller)
Tales of Destiny (disc only)
Chrono Cross (disc only)
T.R.A.G.: Mission of Mercy (complete)
FF Chronicles (complete)
.FF7 (has only back cover art)
Part 1 of the Fruits Basket series collection (jap import, no engilsh)
Arc the Lad Collection
Collection 1, 2, and 3 of Outlaw Star

for: $72

wee! Chirstmas came early for me! :bouncy:

the FFs and Chrono Crusade are up for grabs for my fellow CAGs!!!

Happy Holidays folks!!

[quote name='MightySlacker']flea.

And I can't believe you passed up Busty Cops 2

Dave[/QUOTE]
thanks for the correction...and dude! it had stains on it!!!:hot:

[quote name='jousley']Congrats on a good haul![/QUOTE]
thanks!

I love hitting the local flea, they have good and bad prices however its just an overwhelming amount of merchandise even for me. I get so overwhelmed that ... I don't know what to buy!!!!! There isn't much of a market for older games here so games from the ps1/n64 generation go very cheap.

[quote name='refusedchaos']thanks for the correction...and dude! it had stains on it!!!:hot:

thanks![/quote]

did u wash ur hands?

did u disinfect the games u got!?

WOW!! Good haul. All of our flea markets around here have overpriced games/systems for sale, with the occasional good find. But, the games I usually find are in such deplorable condition that they'd have to pay ME to take them off their hands.

Maybe that sounds wrong, but I just can't believe how so many games end up in such garbage condition, though I've seen more than a few with old Gamestop stickers on them. So, then I know HOW they ended up in such bad shape.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']WOW!! Good haul. All of our flea markets around here have overpriced games/systems for sale, with the occasional good find. But, the games I usually find are in such deplorable condition that they'd have to pay ME to take them off their hands.

Maybe that sounds wrong, but I just can't believe how so many games end up in such garbage condition, though I've seen more than a few with old Gamestop stickers on them. So, then I know HOW they ended up in such bad shape.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it... our's is full of junk but they're valuable goods according to the sellers because of their high price.:roll:

Our one flea market that's actually still open has one guy who buys games from the one shop I go to, where they have cheap prices. He then jacks up the prices on each game to sometimes OVER the cost of the games when they're NEW.

Most are Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits/Players Choice games, which I could find for WAYYYY cheaper @ even Gamestop. Most outrageous overpriced games he ever tried to sell were the BK games, which he wanted $50 or so for EACH.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']WOW!! Good haul. All of our flea markets around here have overpriced games/systems for sale, with the occasional good find. But, the games I usually find are in such deplorable condition that they'd have to pay ME to take them off their hands.

Maybe that sounds wrong, but I just can't believe how so many games end up in such garbage condition, though I've seen more than a few with old Gamestop stickers on them. So, then I know HOW they ended up in such bad shape.[/QUOTE]

The fleamarket here has games that are in excellent condition. There is one very reliable booth that has both GOOD prices and VERY GOOD condition games. They told me they flat out do not accept scratched games for trade in. They will also cut a deal with you on the older games since hardly anyone buys them. Of course there is also the assortment of shady dealers with overpriced games but if your savvy on your game prices they are easy to avoid. Now if only I lived closer to the fleamarket...

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Nice- although your Fruba DVD looks kinda bootleg- did the R2 really have such an ugly cover?[/QUOTE]

I was ready to call it out as a boot as well, but a quick look on CDJapan shows that the R2J covers are, in fact, that ugly. If there are Chinese subtitles on it, then it's a bootleg, albeit one done up to look like the official Japanese release very well. If not, then it's legit.

[quote name='Furashu']did u wash ur hands?

did u disinfect the games u got!?[/QUOTE]

oh yea i made sure i did!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Our one flea market that's actually still open has one guy who buys games from the one shop I go to, where they have cheap prices. He then jacks up the prices on each game to sometimes OVER the cost of the games when they're NEW.

Most are Greatest Hits/Platinum Hits/Players Choice games, which I could find for WAYYYY cheaper @ even Gamestop. Most outrageous overpriced games he ever tried to sell were the BK games, which he wanted $50 or so for EACH.[/QUOTE]
there was a guy like that too! he was selling gutted "new" copies of KoFIX and FPW for $30!! Rock Band for $230!

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Nice- although your Fruba DVD looks kinda bootleg- did the R2 really have such an ugly cover?[/QUOTE]

yea they do have such a ugly cover. but mine is a bootleg. heck it even has the online store's email on the disc! but i only bought it to test drive the series before i buy the real dvds

bread's done
Back