A topic about Existentialism.....

Missingdata

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hi guy, tomorrow i have a paper due n it's about "Existentialism" so can any1 help me out... Since alot of u already finish college...

Thank :wink:

I've read a couple of novels that involved existentialist protagonists such as "the Stranger" and "the Fly". They usually involve people who are disconnected from society, often have no religion, and are generally apathetic to things around them. That's about all i can think of now. if i remember more i'll let you know.

Existentialism is a concept that was founded by Abraham Lincoln before he was president. Basically, it's a theory that time travel is possible IF AND ONLY IF a person is born on the darkside of the moon. He then gave this dude a wedgie, and called his momma a skank (which she was, so it was all good).

Moral of the story: Don't look to an internet forum for help on a research paper. You might as well go through the yellowpages and call and ask the people listed.

[quote name='evilmax17']Existentialism is a concept that was founded by Abraham Lincoln before he was president. Basically, it's a theory that time travel is possible IF AND ONLY IF a person is born on the darkside of the moon. He then gave this dude a wedgie, and called his momma a skank (which she was, so it was all good).

Moral of the story: Don't look to an internet forum for help on a research paper. You might as well go through the yellowpages and call and ask the people listed.[/quote]

ok~ Evilmax17.... Thank for ur advice.....

Any1 else?

Anyway thank for u guy/gal help!!!!! (i know i shouldn't be play videogame all day... now i can't think....)

[quote name='Missingdata']Hi guy, tomorrow i have a paper due n it's about "Existentialism" so can any1 help me out... Since alot of u already finish college...

Thank :wink:[/quote]

Based on the way you presented your question, may I first suggest a class in grammar/complete spelling?

[quote name='ZForce915'][quote name='Missingdata']Hi guy, tomorrow i have a paper due n it's about "Existentialism" so can any1 help me out... Since alot of u already finish college...

Thank :wink:[/quote]

Based on the way you presented your question, may I first suggest a class in grammar/complete spelling?[/quote]

well, i m taking ESL class

for those who don't know wht ESL... ESL= ENGLISH as a SECOND LANGUAGE class....

It's for ppl who just come to USA, n not good with english...

i m in ESL 5 which is the highest ESL level of all but i still have problem with grammar.....

[quote name='eldad9']Does it really matter if you hand in the paper or not? Does it really, really matter?[/quote]

yea it does matter.... cuz my grade isn't that well :roll:

n' this is my senior year in hs, i don't want to become "SUPER SENIOR"

[quote name='BasketCase1080']dude your s key must be broken... that our your typing skills just pwned you.[/quote]

Sorry, i've seen this alot. What does "pwned" mean. It'll probably be obvious once someone explains but i haven't figured it out.

Existenialism is a literary movement from the late 19th-early 20th century literature. It basically shows that man is the master of his own fate but with this sense of freedom and free will comes an overwhelming anxiety and fear of failure. Some authors to look into are
Sarte, Camus, Kafka, Heidiger. The movie "Memento" is also a good example of existenialism. That's about the extent of my knowledge, I don't really teach Ex. in my classes.... too depressing!

[quote name='robdees']Existenialism is a literary movement from the late 19th-early 20th century literature. It basically shows that man is the master of his own fate but with this sense of freedom and free will comes an overwhelming anxiety and fear of failure. Some authors to look into are
Sarte, Camus, Kafka, Heidiger. The movie "Memento" is also a good example of existenialism. That's about the extent of my knowledge, I don't really teach Ex. in my classes.... too depressing![/quote]

I think The Stranger was about the only thing in my 12th grade English class everyone read

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='robdees']Existenialism is a literary movement from the late 19th-early 20th century literature. It basically shows that man is the master of his own fate but with this sense of freedom and free will comes an overwhelming anxiety and fear of failure. Some authors to look into are
Sarte, Camus, Kafka, Heidiger. The movie "Memento" is also a good example of existenialism. That's about the extent of my knowledge, I don't really teach Ex. in my classes.... too depressing![/quote]

I think The Stranger was about the only thing in my 12th grade English class everyone read[/quote]

We read it in 10th grade. I was disappointed with it.

[quote name='robdees']Existenialism is a literary movement from the late 19th-early 20th century literature. It basically shows that man is the master of his own fate but with this sense of freedom and free will comes an overwhelming anxiety and fear of failure. Some authors to look into are
Sarte, Camus, and Kafka are pretty much the the standard in existenialist reading. But isn't Heidiger more modern or post modern than existential? I slept through most of my English classes so I could be wrong.

[quote name='basketkase543'][quote name='BasketCase1080']dude your s key must be broken... that our your typing skills just pwned you.[/quote]

Sorry, i've seen this alot. What does "pwned" mean. It'll probably be obvious once someone explains but i haven't figured it out.[/quote]

Lol, sorry to go off-topic, but I must reply to this.

Pwned = owned, but a 'p' instead of an 'o'.

Owned = someone who 'got told', proven wrong, or in the case of Counter-Strike, killed. :roll:

Thanks for the explanation Moxio.
The Stranger is a very trippy novel. Its existentialist insofar that the protagonist is completely detached from society. It has one of the best first sentences in a novel ever:

"My mother died today. Or was it yesterday? I can't remember"

I don't have the book with me so it may not be word for word but it is close. Can you imagine being so emotionless to the world that your mother's death doesn't leave enough of an impact for you to remember whether it happened today or the day before? Great start to an ok novel.

Thank guy/gal I really learn alot from my fellow CAG, although some are pain in the _____ but other have been very helpful to me.

Thank guy

Yeah, Missingdata, I teach high school English. Just three more days and it's summer break! I can finally get to all those neglected games.... and maybe get some sun too.

[quote name='robdees']Yeah, Missingdata, I teach high school English. Just three more days and it's summer break! I can finally get to all those neglected games.... and maybe get some sun too.[/quote]

Do your students know that you are a big gamer? If/When i become a teacher i've always pictured that being an interesting thing to talk about.

[quote name='ex0'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='robdees']Existenialism is a literary movement from the late 19th-early 20th century literature. It basically shows that man is the master of his own fate but with this sense of freedom and free will comes an overwhelming anxiety and fear of failure. Some authors to look into are

I think The Stranger was about the only thing in my 12th grade English class everyone read[/quote]

We read it in 10th grade. I was disappointed with it.[/quote]

I really liked it, some didn't but I think since the book was such an easy read(we read it like the last week of school since we had nothing to do) most read it to get their grade up enough to not take exams

bread's done
Back