A travesty to the American consumer

drunken_master

CAGiversary!
I was in EB yesterday and i saw the most horrible thing. You know the free Zelda bonus disk given out by Nintendo? I was them selling it in EB. Thats not even the bad part. THEY WERE CHARGING 55 bucks for it. That is just wrong, wouldn't you all agree?

[edit] i fixed the fucking spelling [/edit]

thats ridiculous. lets make them pay 55 used for something, if they wanted it bad enough, they would pay 19.99 through nintendo power. next thing you know they'll start selling those used cds for like 15 when you can go to best buy and circuit city and get them for about 10.

While I think it's high, I don't think it is completely unfair. $55 was the going rate for these things on ebay for a long time. Considering it is limited edition and there is no way to get a new one anymore (I don't think the Nintendo Power deal is still around) this price seems not too bad. Plus the most important thing to consider is you dont have to buy it.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I think your spelling and grammar is a travesty to this board and it's posters.[/quote]

It's?
Dont you mean "its"?
Travis T. is getting to be really popular.

[quote name='eldad9'][quote name='JimmieMac']I think your spelling and grammar is a travesty to this board and it's posters.[/quote]

It's?
Dont you mean "its"?
Travis T. is getting to be really popular.[/quote]

Don't you mean "Don't"?

While I personally wouldn't buy it for that much, many people would considering Nintendo is no longer giving them away.

Report them to nintendo. The disc says "not for resale" on the back. It should be free (how come this isn't an option in the poll?).

[quote name='grayghost81']i paid $600 for mine because shigeru myaymoto farted on it[/quote]

Incidentally that's Nintendo's next marketing campaign.

NEW!!! SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE EXTRA! The same game as before, only this time Shigeru Miyamoto has flung boogers at the box! Only $55, limited time only!

[quote name='chunk']Report them to nintendo. The disc says "not for resale" on the back. It should be free (how come this isn't an option in the poll?).[/quote]

That only applies to people who would have access to the disc before it reached the consumer. You'll see that on a lot of promotional stuff. EB is dealing in the secondary market, where that 'not for resale' label will not apply.

It keeps retailers from pulling promo materials out of a magazine or promo box and selling the items seperately.

[quote name='Naughty_Insomniac'][quote name='pimpinc333']LOL TO EVERYONE this bored got funny lol[/quote]
Don't you mean "board"?
And actually, don't you mean "thread"?[/quote]

OK, so maybe I should update my Grammar thread to include some new words...and piss some more people off... :twisted:

I don't know if it's a "travisty" to the American Consumer, but your post sure is a TRAVESTY of spelling and proper usage of the word "travesty".

EDIT: Oops, sorry should have read the other posts. Repeat.

It's "Silent Bob", not sighlentbob.

(in response to your question...were bored and it's still early in the morning. As for your nick, i get it...im trying to feel like an a-hole this morning. Im unusually happy and i've got to give some of my employees a swift kick to the ass, which you shouldn't deliver with a smile.)

"Avenge me, Hemp Knight!"

[quote name='PsyClerk'][quote name='chunk']Report them to nintendo. The disc says "not for resale" on the back. It should be free (how come this isn't an option in the poll?).[/quote]

That only applies to people who would have access to the disc before it reached the consumer. You'll see that on a lot of promotional stuff. EB is dealing in the secondary market, where that 'not for resale' label will not apply.

It keeps retailers from pulling promo materials out of a magazine or promo box and selling the items seperately.[/quote]

Oh, I was under the impression that they were selling new discs from nintendo. If they are used then who cares?

It's not a travesty. They can sell it for whatever they want. They're in business to make money and if some idiot will buy it at $55 more power to them. It also gives us someone to laugh at when at said store when they plunk down $55 to get what you got for free. :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

At the Gamestop where I work we have about two copies going for 19.99. The strange thing is that the price changes form week to week from 19.99 to 29.99. Still, a lot better than 55 bucks.

Thats BS i got the cd with my gc and i just gave it to my friend because he loves zelda more than i do. Besides its not for retail.

[quote name='Indiana']That was for the four Zelda games disc. And it was used correct?[/quote]

Correct. However, most of the time when we get them in, they're still in the shrink wrap. When peopletrde them in, we make them take it off though(Can't take unopened games for trade). So usually when you get one it's never been played.

I like how people were correcting the title and the first post. They saw travisty, but what about amarican...I guess we are now the United States of Amarica, Amaricans unite :p

FYE/ Strawberries sells the used winwaker pre-order (with OOT and master quest) disk for $44.99

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']I like how people were correcting the title and the first post. They saw travisty, but what about amarican...I guess we are now the United States of Amarica, Amaricans unite :p[/quote]

fuck you

[quote name='drunken_master'][quote name='D4rkewolfe']I like how people were correcting the title and the first post. They saw travisty, but what about amarican...I guess we are now the United States of Amarica, Amaricans unite :p[/quote]

shaq-fu you[/quote]

Man, that fucking auto-censor is just fucking hilarious!!

I just found it funny how I was the only one that was shaq-fued. Like I was the only one correcting his grammer. Of course if it wasn't for that we wouldn't have been able to see such a witty and creative input provided to us by drunken_master. I am honored. :roll:

bread's done
Back