A very expensive toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naughty_Insomniac

CAGiversary!
I've had enough! One of my damn cats will only use the litter box if it's pristine, she refuses to use it if it's the least bit dirty ... damn her!!! She has pissed on our couch's pillows, the couch itself, shoes or socks that are left in the living room overnight, a paper towel that was left on the table. This morning was THE LAST STRAW!! :evil:

I wake up at 6am when I'm supposed to be at work at 6am, hungover and not feeling up to par, stumbling into the living room to get my bra off the table (I know, it shouldn't have been there to begin with, but it's my house dammit!) when I pick it up it is dripping! with cat piss. I was so fucking pissed off! :evil:

Needless to say, I was fuming the first half of the day. I finally decided to go out and spend the money to get one of those self-cleaning litter boxes that rake the litter 10 mins after a cat uses it, so the box will always be pristine. Let me tell you, these things are NOT cheap ... $160!!!! :evil: :shock: :evil:

As a little bit of background, "Miss Priss" (her real name is Chaps) is an extremely shy and skiddish kitty. You say "BOO" and she's looking for a hiding spot. But she's also the sweetest little thing once she's comfortable with you. 5 yrs old and full grown now she's still tiny, weighing in at only like 10lbs or so, and such a loving and affectionate cat.

Anyhow ... I get this overly priced toilet home, and my boyfriend and I hook it all up. My other 2 cats immediately go and check it out. (Wouldn't you if someone was messing with your toilet?) When it starts moving on it's own, they're like wtf? But none the less, they get in it and do their business while "Miss Priss" is all ho-hum. But!!! After a half hour or so, she finally gets the urge and goes over and checks it out. I couldn't believe my eyes! She actually went in and did her business (it only took her 15 minutes) but she did it! I couldn't be more proud of her. \:D/ I only hope this thing actually works, if it does it's worth every penny. :D

Does anyone have similar experiences with a cat? Or know anything about this LitterMaid litter box?

[quote name='Naughty_Insomniac']I wake up at 6am when I'm supposed to be at work at 6am, hungover and not feeling up to par, stumbling into the living room to get my bra off the table (I know, it shouldn't have been there to begin with, but it's my house dammit!) when I pick it up it is dripping! with cat piss. I was so fucking pissed off! :evil:[/quote]

Pissed off? More like pissed on! :lol:

please keep us up to date on how the litter box works, I'm debating buying one fo those for my girlfriends cat. The thing takes a dump and does not cover it, so it just fumigates the entire apt and I practically wanna puke when I walk in there sometimes.

[quote name='Naughty_Insomniac']When it starts moving on it's own, they're like wtf?[/quote]

This mental image is priceless. :lol:

My cat was sort of like that, too. The litterbox was in the basement, and he figured that anywhere within the general vicinity of the box was ok. Cleaning the litterbox meant you actually had to clean the basement floor, because there would be crap 3 or 4 feet away from the box. Fortunately he at least understood that he was only supposed to go in the basement. The only time I remember him going anywhere other than the basement was when my family got our dog. The cat was either afraid that the dog would follow him down the basement, or angry and wanted revenge, because he crapped in my dad's shoes. :shock:

there's more than one model

not to mention a couple of different companies involved

My cat's long gone, but I was looking into one of these for my formally diaper wearing beagle before she died. they make special cat litter just for dogs -- pet smart sells it.

your $50 one is probably not the same as her $160 one --although now would be a good time compare model numbers while he still has the receipt :)

[quote name='Naughty_Insomniac']stumbling into the living room to get my bra off the table (I know, it shouldn't have been there to begin with, but it's my house dammit!) [/quote]

That means....

Pics. Now.

Yes, uhm we have to study that perhaps it is bras and panties all over the house that made the kitty do that. Pictures of the place is an absolute must to be able to find out if you did the right thing.
Anyways, back to the actual point....my cat fortunately covers it up...but man when it takes a dump, it takes a dump...I can smell it all the way in the rec room. I ask my wife "Did you just take a shit?" of course it wasn't her, so I ask her to check the kitty litter...and yep that kitty sure is known for its stinkers. Anyways I just like my cat cause it thinks it's a dog o.o
She's always playful...and she hates cats, and of course loves other dogs.

My Friend had a cat and you always knew when it took a dump cause it would stink up the whole house - not to mention leave human sized turds.

Now that I'm no longer pissed off (or on, as WSB so kindly pointed out!) it's ... review time: :p

Well, it's been 4 days now and it's working great! Everybody still freaks out and goes over to watch it and stares like wtf? whenever it starts moving, but they're not afraid to go in it when they have to. \:D/

With 3 cats, the "waste receptacle" seems to last about 2 days. We decided that we're not going to replace the thing everytime, just empty it out and replace it maybe once a week. Those things are 12 for $20 I think. (Can you say "cheap ass" :lol: )

The smell has definitely cleared up too. I didn't realize how much the old box was smelling until now, that we got rid of it. I guess the "waste receptacle" lid does a good job of holding the smell in. Also, it comes with little carbon filters that you stick to the inside of the lid. So far they don't stick too good, but I guess that they help with the smell anyhow. :wink:

If it gets stuck on a clump that's either too big or in the wrong place, it goes back and forth 5 times, which (so far) is enough to clear up the problem.

The only problem is that the box is open, and they're flinging the clean litter everywhere... nothing like walking with bare feet on those granules... ouch!! :evil: Guess I should go ahead and invest in the cat tent cover for it, now that we've decided to keep the box.

Anyway, to anyone considering buying one of these, I highly recommend it. Even if it doesn't work, the entertainment is well worth the cost of admission. Those kitty cat faces that say wtf? are hilarious. :lol: About the price, I had to get the humongo one because our boy cat is huge. But they do make smaller ones. There's also a couple of different brands, but I decided to go with the LitterMaid, since it's the "name" brand and we didn't know anything about these things.

I swear, I don't know why I didn't buy one of these a long time ago. :D

About the pics ... I'm so very sorry to inform you that we do not have a camera or a scanner or a anything required to post pics. So, uhh, no. hehe :)

Any other comments or stories are more than welcome. Some of these stories are just too funny!

Jeez, sorry for the long post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back