AAdvantage Miles: Expiring Today (12/15) For Many

PaleGreen

CAGiversary!
I just posted this on FW, but thought it was worth sharing. I saved 30,000 miles from the shredder!

If you've got American Airlines AAdvantage frequent flyer miles, I recommend checking whether they expire today. If you haven't had account activity since June 15, 2006, ALL of your miles are gone in a few hours. (If your last transation was prior to June 1, 2004, they're already gone)

http://www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do?p=/utility/mileageExpiration.jsp

Fortunately, you can donate miles to several worthy causes. This will extend your expiration date 18 months. I took care of my donation on AA.com, and my wife called their 800 number. Either way, act fast! Don't let those miles go to waste! (Just make sure you donate at least 250 miles)

I chose "Miles For Kids In Need":
"Since 1989, AAdvantage members have donated unused miles to help kids in need. These miles provide transportation for children from needy families who require medical treatment that's not available where they live. And, if the coming summer is like the past ones, lots of kids will be busy getting healthy and using many miles in the process.
If you can help us replenish some of these miles, we (and the kids) would really appreciate it. Please check your mileage balance and consider making a donation* today. You can donate online, or call AAdvantage Customer Service at 1-800-421-0600."

Here's the official word:
"AAdvantage members now must have mileage earning or redemption activity once every eighteen (18) months in order to remain active and retain their miles. Effective December 15, 2007, mileage balances will expire from AAdvantage accounts that have not had miles either earned or redeemed within the previous eighteen (18) month period. If the last activity in your AAdvantage account was prior to June 15, 2006, all miles subject to expiration will expire on December 15, 2007."

bread's done
Back