Abandoned 1st party Nintendo characters

Ye0ldmario

CAGiversary!
What are some 1st party nintendo characters that haven't gotten a new solo game yet? All I can think of is:

Donkey Kong, F-Zero, Starfox, Kirby

any others?

I don't think abandoned is a fair word as this gen isn't close to over.

Wave Race
Custom Robo

Donkey Kong's had two Wii games.

I'm not sure who now owns Earthbound and Startropics, but there's Kid Icarus (until a game is officially announced), Pilotwings, and maybe a solo Yoshi game. I know there has to be more.

[quote name='DPsx7']I'm not sure who now owns Earthbound and Startropics, but there's Kid Icarus (until a game is officially announced), Pilotwings, and maybe a solo Yoshi game. I know there has to be more.[/QUOTE]

Startropics was made by 100% Nintendo. Earthbound is owned by Nintendo, in fact Mother 3 came out in 06. Pilotwings as well is 100% Nintendo. I been hoping for a new Pilotwings (this would be perfect for the Wiimote), and new Startropics for sometime now but well all I can do is hope years to come, lol.

^^Just because Pit and the Ice Climbers are in brawl doesn't mean Nintendo cares about their series' at all. Hell, look at the Earthbound crew. Ness was in the Smash Bros series since the first game but he habitually gets cockblocked by NoA.

Star Man, The Amazon, and Kin Corn Karn. I would die for an updated version of Pro Wrestling for the Wii that somehow included motion controls.

[quote name='D. Monic']
And no 2D Metroid for the DS *sniff*[/QUOTE]

This makes me saddest of all. Prime Hunters wasn't bad, but I didn't love it. Fusion was just amazing in every way. I actually just played and beat it for probably the 15th or so time and still love it.

I think my love for Metroid would only be trumped by my love for Earthbound. I've played all 3 Mother games, but I would still buy an English translation, whether it be each game separately, or one cartridge/disc with all three games. It irks me so much that the protagonist of Mother 3, Lucas, would be in Brawl when about 90% of the people playing it wouldn't even know what Mother 3 is, let alone played Earthbound.

[quote name='GUNNM']seriously wtf happened to starfox?[/QUOTE]

I hear you man. A traditional Wii Star Fox game would be sick. Hell I'd pay $100 if it was anything like Star Fox 64. Not to mention if some online mp was put in. Man oh man.

Well, at least I have the 64 to rock out.

Some small game on the DS doesn't count. They need to release AAA quality for the Wii and promote it. A game like Donkey Kong Barrel Blast is clearly crap and they obviously didn't put a quality team on it.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']They also did the Klonoa Wii port.[/QUOTE]
I'd hardly call that a port. That was a full remake.

As for Kirby, the DS games are good (at least Canvas Curse was; haven't gotten around to any of the others yet), but I'm still waiting on the new console Kirby that's been in development since the GameCube era.

[quote name='GUNNM']seriously wtf happened to starfox?[/QUOTE]

Star Fox Adventures is what happened - the worst game possibly EVER made. Total piece of shit. I paid $10 for it like 5 years ago and I STILL feel ripped off. Just awful. I hope they never release another Star Fox game ever because I hate the characters now after playing that pile of garbage. fuck that game. fuck it in the ass with a baseball bat.

Well who's bright idea was to make star fox a pilot of a gunship into a 3rd person shooter? don't blame the fox

[quote name='GUNNM']Well who's bright idea was to make star fox a pilot of a gunship into a 3rd person shooter? don't blame the fox[/QUOTE]

Tru dat. I'd be up for another on rails 3D shooter (in HD please) as long as they don't let them out of their ships.

[quote name='javeryh']as they don't let them out of their ships.[/QUOTE]

Unless it is in the landmaster. Heck I'd even take one level of the blue marine again.

StarFox Adventures wasn't that bad, in fact, I say it was pretty damn good. It just wasn't StarFox. If they kept it as its original IP (Dinosaur Planet) without forcing StarFox in it, I betcha it would be remembered as another great Rare game. I remember them showing it off for the N64 and it looked great. And then when it was moved up for GameCube, it looked pretty damn awesome. Its just...not StarFox.

That's me though, the bad StarFox game was the DS one IMHO. Damn, there was too much fucking drama, I felt it was appealing to freaks who like furry sex. Not to mention the controls was pure shit, I never played it past the first two levels.

So if anything, it needs to go back to its roots, SF64 style. I say either Treasure or Retro needs to tackle it and I would buy it day one. :p

funny I was just talking about this on another site, except I was bitching about series that haven't shown up on the Wii. I had called it 'Dear Nintendo: Where the **** is...'.

to sum up what I said there:

F-Zero - Come on! GX was GREAT! I want a Damn Sequal!!
Star Fox - Where the hell is is Nintendo? This game could be like Warhawk on the PS3. Just go back to classic StarFox 64 and add online multiplayer.
Kirby - You put the GameCube version on hold for the Wii, Where the hell is it?
Geist - I would settle for a simple Wii port. Don't let this IP die!
Luigi's Mansion - This game would be so much fun on the Wii, Lets give Luigi another game Nintendo!
Donkey Kong - Last time we had a True Donkey Kong game was on the N64
Donkey Konga - I really liked this game, it had a sequel here in the US and two in Japan, could we please get another.
Mario Golf - Of all the games that scream Wii, Golf! it was on Wii Sports both of them. The last 2 Mario Golf games (GameCube and GBA) were Great I loved the added RPG elements can we get a sequel for the Wii and DS already?
1080° - Hello Nintendo you have a balance board that is getting very little usage and this game would go perfect with it.
Wave Race - I would really like to see this game come back and not just tacked into another game..
Mario Party - I know last Gen we were over saturated with Mario Party games, but isn't it about damn time for a new one, the last one sucked and felt very rushed, can we please get a new one already?

Also where is Custom Robo and Chibi-Robo! for the Wii?
I would also like to see an new Ice Climbers game, even if its a simple remake like ExciteBike on WiiWare.

"Donkey Kong - Last time we had a True Donkey Kong game was on the N64"

Jungle Beat? In fact, the only TRUE Donkey Kong game in the past decade wasn't DK64 at all. It was Mario VS. Donkey Kong.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']"Donkey Kong - Last time we had a True Donkey Kong game was on the N64"

Jungle Beat? In fact, the only TRUE Donkey Kong game in the past decade wasn't DK64 at all. It was Mario VS. Donkey Kong.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. True, Mario VS. Donkey Kong is actually the last true Donkey Kong sequel.
I was actually referring more to Donkey Kong 'Country', I never played Jungle Beat cause I heard it was a gimmicky game to play with the bongos.

It's really a blast to play and a great platformer. It was done by the Galaxy team.

edit: Check out the New Play Control version. It's less "gimmicky". :D

[quote name='CapAmerica']I stand corrected. True, Mario VS. Donkey Kong is actually the last true Donkey Kong sequel.
I was actually referring more to Donkey Kong 'Country', I never played Jungle Beat cause I heard it was a gimmicky game to play with the bongos.[/QUOTE]

New Play Control Jungle Beat pretty much turned it into a straight up platformer.

[quote name='CapAmerica']

F-Zero
Star Fox
Kirby
Luigi's Mansion
Donkey Kong
Mario Golf
1080° -
Wave Race[/QUOTE]

Kid Icarus
Pikmin
Pilotwings
Diddy Kong
Eternal Darkness

Basically, unless Mario, Samus or Link are involved, Nintendo gave the other franchises a giant 'fuck it' this gen.

[quote name='UltimateJenkins']Fire Emblem!! They haven't made a Wii version yet, have they?[/QUOTE]Actually they have, though its not that great

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

[quote name='Josh5890']I hear you man. A traditional Wii Star Fox game would be sick. Hell I'd pay $100 if it was anything like Star Fox 64. Not to mention if some online mp was put in. Man oh man.

Well, at least I have the 64 to rock out.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I remember playing the Gamecube Starfox game and saying "WTF" when they plopped me on some dino planet. When I play starfox I want to fly through space and shoot aliens and robots.

[quote name='spmahn']Star Man, The Amazon, and Kin Corn Karn. I would die for an updated version of Pro Wrestling for the Wii that somehow included motion controls.[/QUOTE]

That would be INCREDIBLE.

[quote name='D. Monic']Avalanche series[/QUOTE]

Strongly agree.

[quote name='maigoyume']Actually they have, though its not that great

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn[/QUOTE]

Strongly disagree. LOVED that game (all 125+ hours of play time)

I'd also like to add Faxanadu. I would remortgage my house to finance a Wii sequel. Maybe not, but you get the idea. I WANT A SEQUEL TO THIS GAME.

[quote name='JJSP']I want New Play Control Luigi's Mansion.[/QUOTE]

Ever since the announcement of the "New Play Control" games I've been so patiently waiting for this, a sequel, anything.

He'll even Yoshi has gone off to save Mario countless times, where's the love for Luigi?

[quote name='Astinus Majere']New Play Control Jungle Beat pretty much turned it into a straight up platformer.[/QUOTE]

how so?

I owned Jungle Beat on the GC and loved it- but it could have been soooo much more without the bongos.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']how so?

I owned Jungle Beat on the GC and loved it- but it could have been soooo much more without the bongos.[/QUOTE]

You don't need the bongos to play the game, totality different on the Wii.

[quote name='spmahn']Star Man, The Amazon, and Kin Corn Karn. I would die for an updated version of Pro Wrestling for the Wii that somehow included motion controls.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree.

I keep hearing rumblings of a new Kid Icarus game, and then it goes silent for months at a time... There's so much they could do with that character. It would be like Zelda, but with free form flying, taking the game in an adventure direction.

No more Star Fox, Nintendo has already shown they can't make a pure SF game for shit anymore so let that franchise die with what dignity it has left.

I honestly loved Star Fox Adventures, lol.

Custom Robo has a DS game, which is this generation. But, you guys are probably talking about the Wii...

I'd love to see how Custom Robo is on the Wii, it probably would be one intense game, especially with another player right next to you playing with you. :D

All i know is they need to make a donkey kong country and a starfox for the wii.
After that they should make a sequel to luigi's mansion, none of this new play crap and just give waggle to a gamecube game.

bread's done
Back