ABC: No HD Broadcasts for NBA Playoffs?!?!?

doubledown

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Ok, I was watching the Pistons game and the picture just plain sucked. Isn't it about time they get HD for PLAYOFFS!!!!

*EDIT*
Sorry, it's ABC....it just puzzles me since Lost & Alias are all in HD.

[quote name='rajchakrabarti']... didn't NBC lose the rights to the NBA ??? Possibly ABC is what you mean ?[/QUOTE]

Yep, fixed it....my mistake

ESPN HD carried the games in HD (and it looked beautiful), but they were on a delay...3am the next day. I think they wound up airing all the games, back-to-back which is why it was delayed until 3am.

It's just horible. I can't even watch sports anymore unless it is in HD. ABC really dropped the ball with this. It is inexcusable not to air the playoffs in HD. I mean, it's the PLAYOFFS for christ's sake. Pathetic.

[quote name='javeryh']It's just horible. I can't even watch sports anymore unless it is in HD. ABC really dropped the ball with this. It is inexcusable not to air the playoffs in HD. I mean, it's the PLAYOFFS for christ's sake. Pathetic.[/QUOTE]

IIRC they're going to move Monday Night Football to ESPN so I think we're just seeing ABC put more stock into ESPN which means they can jack up the rates they charge the satellite and cable companies to even carry it.

visit www.avsforum.com and read some of the threads in the hdtv programming forum..i don't feel like typing out the whole thing..

to make a long story short, abc is a pussy network that doesn't do anything except football in hd..to many people, this is okay, because "hey, we can drink beer and sit on our fat asses to watch one game a week in HD..awesome". They will do "select" early round playoff games and the finals in HD. By select, I believe they're referring to the conference finals or semifinals.

bread's done
Back