Able to pick one up on launch day by walking into a store?

You should be able to walk in and get one or if not leave a bit early for the store. I'm leaving at 6 for a target with over 100 units. It shouldn't be as overbearingly difficult to get one as with the ps3 launch.

Depends if all those crazy PS3 fans say screw it and buy a Wii to get their gaming fix till the next shipment arrives lol

i think you could.

but, just pick somewhere and get there early.
maybe at least know how many they will have just to be sure

I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a second one for a special project I've got going on. So, if Walmart doesn't work, hopefully I can snag a 2nd one at a store about 2 hours after places open (the earliest I can get there).

A note, the "special project" does not contain the words: sell, ebay, or profit. More to follow hopefully in a week. :)

People just think it will be hard to find.. so they're pricing it high and feeding off of ps3 launch fever and rampant consumerism..

I don't think the Wii will be hard to find, but just to be safe, I'm going over to Walmart tomorrow night around 6:00 pm

[quote name='sqyxzylyx']The Wii is not selling for at least $500 on ebay for nothing. I think this is going to be hard to find.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, I didn't think they were going for that much... a quick look at Ebay shows they are going for $400 - $500.

I can hopefully grab one, sell it, and make enough to cover the Wii I just sold and a second one I would keep, thereby making a free Wii.

Interesting...

[quote name='Roufuss']Holy shit, I didn't think they were going for that much... a quick look at Ebay shows they are going for $400 - $500.

I can hopefully grab one, sell it, and make enough to cover the Wii I just sold and a second one I would keep, thereby making a free Wii.

Interesting...[/quote]
Stole my exact words. Well, I'll be camping outside of Target from 1 am on Sunday morning so hopeful I can get two and try to get a free wii.

You can buy the wii on walmart.com right now.
iconwalmart_r3.gif
:D:D:D:D:D:D

woah what the...500 bucks for a Wii? Maybe I should pick one up for the heck of it and maybe get a free one out of it. Definitely won't be difficult to find where I live.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Will Target offer extended warranty plan?[/quote]
Target now offers a 3 year extended service plan on items over $200 for $29.99. There should be little gift card looking things on pegs in the electronics section.

Nintendo usually stands behind their product 100%... Hey, if Microsoft fixed my 2-year out of warranty Xbox for free, I think Nintendo would definitely fix any problems you may have with the Wii for free!:applause:

Here's a question to you good folks.... Think I can just walk in an pick one up.... Wednesday? Somewhere in Dallas?

[quote name='dallow']Here's a question to you good folks.... Think I can just walk in an pick one up.... Wednesday? Somewhere in Dallas?[/QUOTE]

From what Nintendo has said so far, you'd probably have to wait until the following week for the next shipment.

Just a little note...I called my walmart today which is doing a midnight launch and they said they had no one in line. When I asked how many systems they were getting, she replied with "60".

score.

I just talked to someone at the new Wal-Mart (park and the Tollway for the dallas people) and they said they only had 18 and that people were already in line. Im thinking the guys is an ass and doesnt really know. does that sound right to you guys? 18 Wiis, big popular Wal-Mart?

I'm thinking you're sunk without camping or a preorder, at least around here. Most places doing a midnight opening have more people than systems.

It really depends. I called all the Wal-Marts around me this morning. One already had a line (with only 2 spots still open), and another had the ticket system. I went in, got a ticket (they had about 15 out of 28 total left), done. All I have to do is go back at midnight and pick it up. No waiting, no hassle. I guess I got lucky. The hard part was finding a copy of Zelda at an EB/GS. I don't have any extra cash, so I'm trying to get some games on credit. I guess I got lucky again, 'cause the manager at GS knows me by name and said he can snag me the only extra copy of Zelda. Rad. Now to do decide what else to get....

Called some local places, and found that...

Wal-Mart - Opens 8 am, 24 systems, no line
Target - Opens 8 am, 40 systems, no line
Best Buy - Opens 9 am, 45 systems, less than 5 people in line

I am actually thinking of trying to get one, something about that WIFI that gets me, great birthday present :)

[quote name='Mattiekrome']Called some local places, and found that...

[/quote]

Just got back from Wal-mart and Rhino Games

Wal-mart - 29 systems -11 people already in line
Rhino Games - 5 systems! - 5 people in line

The only reason why the price on Ebay is inflated ATM is because people ae scared. They have seen what just happened to the PS3 so they are just tring to get one. They will sell out tomorrow but I don;t think they will sell out within the first 2 hours.

I just got back from Best Buy, no line, they didn't know how many systems they had.

I'll probably try to get one at TRU, and if that fails BB.

If I don't get one, no big deal.

18 systems at the local Wal-Mart.
1 person in line.

The electronics worker said she was told a few others were going to come camp later tonight. But, I think the PS3 had only 10 campers for it, so maybe I'll be okay sneaking up there around 6:00 AM.

[quote name='Mattiekrome']Called some local places, and found that...

[/quote]
You lucky bastard!

I called all those places and more and they all have at least 40 people in line already. I'm starting to worry that I'm not gunna get one :whistle2:(

Drove by Sears, Target, GameSpot, Toys R' Us, Best Buy - all in the same shopping center in North Austin. No lines in front of any of them.

The Wal-mart in my small town had at least 50 people in line. The target had no line. Nobody will tell me how many they have in stock.

[quote name='blueboy']Drove by Sears, Target, GameSpot, Toys R' Us, Best Buy - all in the same shopping center in North Austin. No lines in front of any of them.[/QUOTE]

Hey there, fellow Austinite! I'm sure they're way gone by now, but the Wal-Mart on Slaughter was doing the ticket system. No waiting, just get a ticket and come by at midnight.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Hey there, fellow Austinite! I'm sure they're way gone by now, but the Wal-Mart on Slaughter was doing the ticket system. No waiting, just get a ticket and come by at midnight.[/quote]

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I might check the Walmart up here as well. I actually have a bundle coming on Monday, but I would like to return it and just by the system plus Zelda since I don't want most of what is in the bundle.

Quick followup. I just called the Walmart on I-35/Parmer. They said they are only getting 28 systems, and they already have that many people in line out front. So, I guess everyone is going to try Walmart first and start lining up at the other retailers if that doesn't work out.

Good job with the Slaughter find. I'm too lazy to wait in line, so I'll just check Target/Best Buy in the morning.

On my local news they reported only 1 person outside of Best Buy ATM. They are getting in 45 systems.

I work tomorrow morning at 8am. I'm gonna take a ride by my TRU and check it out before hand. If it doesn't look too bad ill take a break and rush there when they open to try and get one.

Dunno about lines forming yet out here, but the only places doing midnight launches are Walmarts. Everybody else is rolling in the morning with staggered opening hours, so I feel 100% confident in getting the two systems I need to pick up plus whatever accessories.

I'll be getting up at around 6 AM if I'm able to shake the wine I'm guzzling tonight, getting a cup of coffee and heading out. Probably will shower tonight and sleep in my clothes to speed up the morning process. :)

[quote name='TheUnsane1']Is the midnight launch a chain wide walmart promo? All my local Walmarts close at 10pm.[/QUOTE]

All my Walmarts are 24 hours.

It's the 24 hr Walmarts plus whatever early-closers whose managers feel compelled to re-open at midnight. YMMV if your Walmart isn't 24 hr, and big time YMMV on how they handle the lines.

Best Buy in King Of Prussia, PA had about 35 people in line for the Wii when I drove by after dinner at Bahama Breeze tonight....

One local walmart had 50+ people on line. Went inside, they said they only got 26 in. Sucks for half of the line.

Local sams club said they'd be getting 7 of the Wii + LoZ & another game bundles. They open at 7 for business members, so i might try that before Target.

[quote name='Bezerker']One local walmart had 50+ people on line. Went inside, they said they only got 26 in. Sucks for half of the line.

Local sams club said they'd be getting 7 of the Wii + LoZ & another game bundles. They open at 7 for business members, so i might try that before Target.[/QUOTE]
Sundays they open at 10am for everyone. No Business members hours that day.

Damn, getting a Wii is going to be harder than I thought. One of the Fred Meyers in the area is doing a midnight launch with 90 units and as of 5:45 the guy said there were about 80 people lined up. I would have gone, but by the time I'd get there I'd risk being 91 and therefore waiting 6 hours for nothing.

CC seems like the next best bet with "about 3 dozen," which is still pretty shitty. And for some reason, the Targets in my area will never discolse how many they have. fuckers.

[quote name='SonOfJOrel']Not sure if this has already been posted, but this site could help answer the question:

http://www.ps3seeker.com/wii/

Shows 300+ units in my area (at various stores), so hopefully I'll be able to find one around 10AM tomorrow, without too much hassle.[/QUOTE]

How accurate is this thing anyway? Because sometimes it'll list the same number for every store in a particular chain, but with Target they seem pretty specified per store. I hope thier Target estimates are correct, because it says the one by my place is getting 61, but I don't know if I should trust it or not. Any suggestions?

I can't promise anything but as of right now there isn't a line at the Walmart i am hoping to get one at tomorrow and it closes in 1 hour. If i take my wife i might be able to pick one up for someone on here that can't get one (maybe they'll let me buy 2, not sure). They don't know how many they are getting and i guess it is possible that a line could form overnight but i doubt it since it isn't a 24 hour walmart. If anyone is interested in this pm me and ill let you know in the morning after i get back.

I stopped by my local target round 7pm and there were about 10 people camped out. Asked the guy working there and he said he couldn't tell me how many units were in stock because he got into trouble doing that earlier, so I asked him if I just came in the morning without waiting in line whether I would have any trouble scoring one.. he looked a little nervous and told me quickly.. no.

So there you have it... now I have to decide whether I actually want one of these.

bread's done
Back