Abortion hypocrisy

[quote name='camoor']Haha you are one weak-willed son of a bitch. I really don't want you to break the law, I was just making a point.[/QUOTE]

And a very invalid point it turned out to be.

[quote name='mykevermin']I walked across the street yesterday two feet to the left of the defined crosswalk.

IN FRONT OF A COP.[/QUOTE]

Dear lord, did you get beat down with a billy club?

She had two options, both of which were legal.

If she could, would she make it so that one of those options would be illegal for everyone no matter what? I thought she said she would put it up for a vote or let states decide it.

[quote name='IRHari']She had two options, both of which were legal.

If she could, would she make it so that one of those options would be illegal for everyone no matter what? I thought she said she would put it up for a vote or let states decide it.[/QUOTE]

Q: Why is Roe v. Wade a bad decision?

A: I think it should be a states’ issue not a federal government-mandated, mandating yes or no on such an important issue. I’m, in that sense, a federalist, where I believe that states should have more say in the laws of their lands and individual areas. Now, foundationally, it’s no secret that I’m pro-life that I believe in a culture of life is very important for this country. Personally that’s what I would like to see further embraced by America. Source: 2008 CBS News presidential interview with Katie Couric , Oct 1, 2008
http://www.issues2000.org/governor/Sarah_Palin_Abortion.htm

So in answer to your question yes and yes. Yes she does want everyone to outlaw abortion and yes she does want it done at the state level.

[quote name='Strell']We have the choice to have no choice.[/QUOTE]

allthesame.jpg

I don't think bob understand the difference between philosophy and the law. Here's a hint, law isn't based on theoretical philosophy. If it were then police would give you the choice to resist arrest, but they don't.

well, you have the option to resist arrest, it's just not a very good idea. One shortly lived at that too.

Back on topic, I have to say I only respect pro-life advocates that really stick on their line of reasoning. Abortion is murder, you don't do it, it's unethical. When they start making compromises I feel they lose everything. A child the product of rape? It's okay to kill that one, it's unfair to the woman. I still disagree with the pro-life stance, but when you try to be moderate about it, I can't even see the argument anymore.

[quote name='Clak']I don't think bob understand the difference between philosophy and the law. Here's a hint, law isn't based on theoretical philosophy. If it were then police would give you the choice to resist arrest, but they don't.[/QUOTE]

People break the law every day.

By choice.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Back on topic, I have to say I only respect pro-life advocates that really stick on their line of reasoning. Abortion is murder, you don't do it, it's unethical. When they start making compromises I feel they lose everything. A child the product of rape? It's okay to kill that one, it's unfair to the woman. I still disagree with the pro-life stance, but when you try to be moderate about it, I can't even see the argument anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I expressed this viewpoint before - if you believe a fetus is equal to a baby, then it's asinine that you're okay with killing a baby due to who its parents are. As with you, I don't share the fetus=baby POV.

[quote name='nasum']well, you have the option to resist arrest, it's just not a very good idea. One shortly lived at that too.[/QUOTE]

You're falling into the bob trap, under the law it isn't legal to resist arrest, even if you theoretically have the choice.

It's funny. I suggest the idea that following the law is a choice and particular folks go bat**** crazy at the thought of it.

But when I suggest the idea that the Federal Government takes money from citizens by force and by firearm... well, that's just stupid.

[quote name='UncleBob']But when I suggest the idea that the Federal Government takes money from citizens by force and by firearm... well, that's just stupid.[/QUOTE]

You are free to leave the country and emigrate to wherever you think you will have more freedom. There are no walls holding you in.

Please think about it. Seriously.

[quote name='camoor']You are free to leave the country and emigrate to wherever you think you will have more freedom. There are no walls holding you in.

Please think about it. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

I ask con morons if they ever used government services or infrastructure. They like the trappings of society they just don't want to pay.

[quote name='camoor']You are free to leave the country and emigrate to wherever you think you will have more freedom. There are no walls holding you in.

Please think about it. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

Likewise, someone who wanted an abortion would be free to leave the country and get an abortion if such a thing were made illegal here?

So, basically, you've just proven your own argument invalid. Good job.

[quote name='UncleBob']Likewise, someone who wanted an abortion would be free to leave the country and get an abortion if such a thing were made illegal here?

So, basically, you've just proven your own argument invalid. Good job.[/QUOTE]

How about no :)

[quote name='camoor']How about no :)[/QUOTE]

You can move to a country where you aren't forced to have an abortion, finding a country where you don't have to pay taxes is a bit harder.

Also, I feel myself getting dumber as I type this.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='panzerfaust']No one is ever going to outlaw it, so I don't see why it's such a strong issue for debate. You can't just outlaw abortion tomorrow -- that's a huge step to take, and probably with seriously negative ramifications as well. Why even discuss something your society isn't prepared to handle, and then vote based on individual stances?[/QUOTE]

Scare tactics.

Roe v. Wade (which isn't even the controlling case law anymore, it's technically Casey V. Planned Parenthood) isn't getting overturned, abortion is not getting banned in this country, but right-wingers want people to think it will be if they vote for them/donate to them/etc.

Same with guns. Look at all the loonies freaking out because OBAMA IS GUNNA TAKE ARE GUNS AWAY. Obama has done absolutely nothing of the sort, and in fact gun rights have expanded drastically at both the state and federal level during his administration, but the NRA and other kooks need to scare people to keep those membership dollars rolling in.

You know, I'm find if some idiot girl wants to get rid of it, say a month in when it's nothing but gobbled $$$$ and whatever, but the minute it takes on a human form, it's murder. Plain in simple.

Why is it murder? Whenever a pregnant women is killed by someone they are charged as a DOUBLE homicide, indicating that TWO people/human beings were slain.

Also, the man should have a say in whether or not the woman should get an abortion or not. It's 50/50. It takes two to raise a child and it should be two to take whether or not it sees the light of day.

[quote name='SgtMurder']You know, I'm find if some idiot girl wants to get rid of it, say a month in when it's nothing but gobbled $$$$ and whatever, but the minute it takes on a human form, it's murder. Plain in simple.

Why is it murder? Whenever a pregnant women is killed by someone they are charged as a DOUBLE homicide, indicating that TWO people/human beings were slain.

Also, the man should have a say in whether or not the woman should get an abortion or not. It's 50/50. It takes two to raise a child and it should be two to take whether or not it sees the light of day.[/QUOTE]

Like a fly to shit. Here I am!!!!

[quote name='SgtMurder']Why is it murder? Whenever a pregnant women is killed by someone they are charged as a DOUBLE homicide, indicating that TWO people/human beings were slain.[/QUOTE]

If it's a law it must be true! :dunce:

[quote name='Knoell']My ears are burning....is Camoor ignoring science again because it doesn't fit with his societal views? Classic.[/QUOTE]

LOL yeah right - as if you aren't the one who ignores science and argues based on emotion and anecdotes all the time.

[quote name='SgtMurder']
Also, the man should have a say in whether or not the woman should get an abortion or not. It's 50/50. It takes two to raise a child and it should be two to take whether or not it sees the light of day.[/QUOTE]

that seems pretty messed up to me, wouldn't it just be easier to absolve the guy of responsibility in some cases? and how do suggest that would that work anyway? Would it require a yes from both?

edit: On the one hand, you have a guy being able to make a call on what will happen with a woman's body(and the effects on the body don't dissapear immediately, and even some people think it could be linked to breast cancer), not to mention rape cases and the like ; on the other hand, you have guys not fit for parenthood being forced into it. I don't even know if my solution would work well, since it could be abused for deadbeats. It seems like a pretty complicated situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back