About cancelling a preorder from Gamestop

moo

CAGiversary!
How long do you have to cancel a game? I had preordered Persona 3 and it was supposed to be released today but was delayed until next Tuesday.

I had it paid for with store credit, found out that Gamestop.com has Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles and Silent Hill Origins both for $30 (Is it the same price in the store too?), and I also have $50 in amazon gift cards.

So I wanted to save myself $20 by purchasing P3 from amazon and getting the psp games at Gamestop since every other site I've looked at has those 2 games for $40.

ARGH! I am so pissed off about Persona 3 too! And I just checked the GS website, it's actually been pushed back to August according to them.. and according to my coworker (because I work at GS too)... it's because of the damned art book -_-

Oh and what's Silent Hill Origins?! :O

OH

And to address your original point.. just go to the GS you preordered it from and just tell them you want to cancel it.. that's it! :)

It's at August now? Aww... ):

Silent Hill Origins is the prequel to the first game. It's for the psp. I don't even have the system yet but I'm afraid I might not be able to find the games by the time I do.

Thanks for the information.

I'm pretty sure you can cancel even if the game came out...you're not honorbound to it...you're just using that credit to buy other stuff.

youruglyclone is right. You can cancel it at any time (well.. reasonably. I'm not sure how often they clear the computer records, but as long as your name match and I think your phone number as well), you should be able to get your money back. In fact, I saw someone get their money back for preordering Wario Ware: Smooth Moves just last week!

OOOH, now I so want Silent Hill: Origins :O

Is the $30 price tag the same at the stores as it is on the site? I've often been told that the site and store are 2 seperate entities.

EDIT: I just got off the phone with one of the employees and he said the game doesn't come out until October, didn't bother to tell me the price, then gives me the preorder speech twice.

[quote name='moo']
found out that Gamestop.com has Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles and Silent Hill Origins both for $30
[/QUOTE]

u mean $30 each. u got me excited when u said both for $30.

bread's done
Back