About Godzilla Dvds

Nirvanaguy777

CAGiversary!
I really wish there was one giant set that had all the movies (starting with the original and ending with final wars). Instead I see all these random compilations and dvds. To all the giant monster movie fans on CAG I ask you this, which sets do you recommend?

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']I really wish there was one giant set that had all the movies [/quote]

But then they couldn't confuse you and make you overpay. :)

The recently released Classic Media set is an excellent starter, given that it has seven films and they are the some of the best transfers to date. There are a couple of other box sets out there to buy but I think it's best to collect them individually.

A great site to check out reviews of the various DVDs put out is http://www.tohokingdom.com. It's very informative and gives reviews on all the films released on DVD as well as recommendations as to how to get some of the films that have yet to be released stateside, such as Godzilla 1985 and Godzilla Vs. Biollante.

I have pretty much all of the US released Godzilla films. I recommend the newer Classic Media releases since they are of fairly high quality.

I'm still avoiding the temptation to buy the double feature dvds released by sony though. They say widescreen but they are cropped fullscreen. This is overly obvious on Godzilla Vs Spacegodzilla.

Once upon a time I picked up a three pack Godzilla set at FYE for cheap. It was like 10 dollars for the 1998 Godzilla (meh), Godzilla vs Hedora, and Godzilla vs Gigan I believe. Except for that sale set I've found it cheaper to just pick them up individually, especially since most sets already contain DVDs I already own.

I also vouch for the Classic Media releases. I've been buying them as they come out. That set is a great deal!

ive also been buying them up lately. I got a few at gamestop used as they dont know how to name it i guess, and they put it in as 1.99 dvd. also got The Mist 2 disc collection that way. maybe the employees were i go are just stupid.

bread's done
Back