About to Pre-order 7 Games ($400) @ Gamestop NEED ADVICE!

Ltor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Guys I need advice...
I have 7 games that I want to preorder and i'm trying to decide the cheapest way to get them all. Red Dead Redemption, Halo Reach, Mario Galaxy 2, Starcraft II, Crackdown 2, Skate 3 & maybe Splinter cell.

If I order them all at Gamestop before the 30th I get 5 of them for $45 and 2 for $37.50 plus a ($10 & $20 credit) and this would all be perfect if I could pick up in store but I cant w/ the 25off coupon, and the free shipping could take two weeks.

Heres my questions:
+Is there another code i can use w/ 25off for faster free shipping? I used: [Value]
+Can i order for delivery and call and change to in store pickup at a later date?
+Can i order all these things now and then go back later and cancel 1 or two games without affecting the rest of the order if a better deal arises elsewhere?
+Any additional coupons or discounts i could get via edge card or something?
+Also is splinter cell worth 37.50?

The whole thing comes out to be 399 - 25%(100) = 299 + tax (Plus $10 & $20 gift cards)

A lot of money but saving a 100 on new releases instantly w/o having to use gift cards, like on Amazon, seems like a solid deal to me. Hopefully you guys can answer some of my questions this will be my biggest single game purchase ever and I wanna get it right.

Coupon expires in 3 days! Help me make this in store pick-up, i'll buy it, and the rest of the year I can devote to helping all you.

no, no, no, no, yes. As far as I know, anyway.

I just look at it this way - I'd rather wait a few more days and save as much money as I'm saving with 25% off than go through trouble and get them any other way. There's no in-store pickup for this deal. The only way you can get it faster is to pay for faster shipping.

[quote name='Scorch']no, no, no, no, yes. As far as I know, anyway.

I just look at it this way - I'd rather wait a few more days and save as much money as I'm saving with 25% off than go through trouble and get them any other way. There's no in-store pickup for this deal. The only way you can get it faster is to pay for faster shipping.[/QUOTE]

I could probably wait for everything except halo reach...and maybe red dead...actually i wanna play skate 3 on the 11th too. Maybe I can take this game list to the store and try to use the coupon there?

Look what you've done now scorch...NEW QUESTION: Is there a printable version of the 25off coupon?

25 Off is the best deal I think.

I don't think you can do In-Store pick-up, tried it for SSFIV and they certainly wouldn't let me since it was ordered online.

You are able to change the order and cancel one or a few things later on without it affecting the complete order.

Edge Card is only valid on used games I believe, so I don't think so.

And Splinter Cell is awesome, lol. Got the Collector's for $60 and don't regret it at all. I would certainly say it's worth $37.50!

Hope that helps. I actually did a similar thing and preordered a bunch of games myself, glad to see someone else doing it so I don't feel too bad with how much money I spent(Or I should say am going to since theyr'e all pre-orders) :razz:

I myself got Red Dead Redemption, SSFIV, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Green Day Rock Band Plus(mom wanted it lol), BlazBlue Continuum Shift and Death Smiles.

[quote name='crr_1119']25 Off is the best deal I think.

I don't think you can do In-Store pick-up, tried it for SSFIV and they certainly wouldn't let me since it was ordered online.

You are able to change the order and cancel one or a few things later on without it affecting the complete order.

Edge Card is only valid on used games I believe, so I don't think so.

And Splinter Cell is awesome, lol. Got the Collector's for $60 and don't regret it at all. I would certainly say it's worth $37.50!

Hope that helps. I actually did a similar thing and preordered a bunch of games myself, glad to see someone else doing it so I don't feel too bad with how much money I spent(Or I should say am going to since theyr'e all pre-orders) :razz:

I myself got Red Dead Redemption, SSFIV, I myself got Red Dead Redemption, SSFIV, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Green Day Rock Band Plus(mom wanted it lol), BlazBlue Continuum Shift and Death Smiles.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it. And yea it's a bit intimidating seeing a $300 total for some game disks but it's probably all the games i'll buy this year and $45 for new releases is hard to beat. Red Dead redemption is going to be great and I'm real anxious to play both that and reach, so hopefully I can use this code in store if the employee is lenient or doesn't care.

i'll say it again - there's no in-store pickup for this deal. 25Off is an affiliate coupon and is only available to use through the website. There is nothing to print out and you will not and can not use this in-store. Stores have no knowledge of the 25Off deal and have nothing to do with it. It is a website only coupon.

(I ordered Red Dead, Blur, Alan Wake, UFC and Modnation Racers - I will also be picking up 3D Dot Game Heroes and Skate 3.

Yea, you definitely won't be able to pick up in-store unfortunately. I would've loved to have for SSF4, but they won't let you no matter what you try.

I'm calling every gamestop within 50 miles tomorrow and we'll see if my unwillingness to take no for an answer pays off for once. Otherwise i'll prolly drop a few games from my order. Like halo reach.

[quote name='eulogywerd21']Um, luck, guy...[/QUOTE]

Clearly you didn't wish hard enough because when I called gamestop that said they could do it, they then told me they couldn't when i got there. At least I grabbed a copy of shadowrun while I was there. Now its time to place my $300 order online, lets hope nothing goes awry there.

GameStop is one of those retail chains where the online store and B&M store are completely disconnected. They can't do much of anything for you in that regard. Good news is my online order really only took two days to arrive. Just because they say up to 5 days doesn't mean it takes that long. Are you sure you can't just wait a few days? Is 2-3 earlier access really worth the ~$16 you'd be saving per game? :O

If so then my heart goes out to you, impatient one, and I hope you enjoy your glorious gaming haul. ;D

Here's what I would do

Make your huge order.
When each game comes out, if you've got $60 extra bucks, go to Gamestop and buy a copy. KEEP YOUR RECEIPT. When your copy comes in the mail a week or so later, take it back to the store with your instore receipt to get your money back. Then you can play each game on day one and still get the best deal.

[quote name='ArQuesta']GameStop is one of those retail chains where the online store and B&M store are completely disconnected. They can't do much of anything for you in that regard. Good news is my online order really only took two days to arrive. Just because they say up to 5 days doesn't mean it takes that long. Are you sure you can't just wait a few days? Is 2-3 earlier access really worth the ~$16 you'd be saving per game? :O

If so then my heart goes out to you, impatient one, and I hope you enjoy your glorious gaming haul. ;D[/QUOTE]

Haha I'm not used to waiting but for 87$'s off I'll do it.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Couldn't you place like 2 different orders to get the most out of 25of?[/QUOTE]

The 25% applies to each of the 6 games i ordered, no need to do it sepperate.

[quote name='myl0r']Here's what I would do

Make your huge order.
When each game comes out, if you've got $60 extra bucks, go to Gamestop and buy a copy. KEEP YOUR RECEIPT. When your copy comes in the mail a week or so later, take it back to the store with your instore receipt to get your money back. Then you can play each game on day one and still get the best deal.[/QUOTE]

Your a clever one, thats actually a really good idea. But do you know long I have to return a game after I buy it? And do I get tax back or is there any restocking fee to worry about?

You have 30 days as long as the game is sealed and you have your receipt. No fees and you should get 100% back, tax and all.
If you can live without the $60, when you go to return the first game, just put the $60 down as a pre-order on the next game, so it's ready to go, then when you return that game, do the same for the next one.

I know that coupons wont stack for the most part, but if you try changing the order of your promos, you might get two or three coupons. (saver, 10,15,20% off new) So at the very least, you are getting the 10% Edge, SAVER free shipping, and $25 off of $100, or 25% off your total?

Also, you would probably save more money by buying one or two at launch and waiting for a Goldbox deal, CL listing, or inevitable awesome cag prices on the others. Unless you just have that much free time, in which case I'm insanely jealous. Good luck and let us know how it works out!

You should try the game trading website Goozex.com
You could essentially get all of these games for the price of one if you use their website, and trade these games back once you beat them. Check out the website it has saved me a fortune!

[quote name='Candyvin']You should try the game trading website Goozex.com
You could essentially get all of these games for the price of one if you use their website, and trade these games back once you beat them. Check out the website it has saved me a fortune![/QUOTE]

Yea i've seen some cagers with links to that in their sig. Only thing is most of these games are multiplayer and have a long replay value. So Starcraft II, Halo Reach, RDR, & maybe even skate 3 are going to be kept for a long time. Crackdown 2 & Mario Galaxy however are a different story so i'll give that site a look when it comes tim to unload both of them.

Also I called gamestop support today and was able to change skate 3 to rush delivery via a new coupon that i got in an email from them today. So thats good.

Yuck! The only game worth buying and keeping on that list is Galaxy 2. Wait until the other games drop to $30 (probably within a month or two) and you'll save a lot more money.

[quote name='DPsx7']Yuck! The only game worth buying and keeping on that list is Galaxy 2. Wait until the other games drop to $30 (probably within a month or two) and you'll save a lot more money.[/QUOTE]
good luck on that for starcraft, blizard games take FOREVER to drop...

[quote name='DPsx7']Yuck! The only game worth buying and keeping on that list is Galaxy 2. Wait until the other games drop to $30 (probably within a month or two) and you'll save a lot more money.[/QUOTE]

You clearly have way different taste then me lol. Galaxy is only on that list because it cost me $37 and came with a $20 gift card. I'm probably just going to sell it for a profit. Reach and SC II are HUGE games and RDR is the online open world game that i've aways wanted.

[quote name='SelmaBlair']"About to Pre-order 7 Games ($400) @ Gamestop NEED ADVICE!"

My advice is to get Gamefly and save yourself some money.
[/QUOTE]

Meh I'm not big on leasing shit in life. I like to own it out right. Plus these arent single player games that you beat and then are done with.

[quote name='Mako1215']The free shipping has only ever taken 2-3 days for me, and I've ordered about 4 using it.[/QUOTE]

Ok good that makes me feel better.

[quote name='myl0r']Here's what I would do

Make your huge order.
When each game comes out, if you've got $60 extra bucks, go to Gamestop and buy a copy. KEEP YOUR RECEIPT. When your copy comes in the mail a week or so later, take it back to the store with your instore receipt to get your money back. Then you can play each game on day one and still get the best deal.[/QUOTE]
Sweet idea that i might have to use on red dead.

bread's done
Back