Absolutely Free

seaclaw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
my friend just moved to the west coast. He knows that I'm an huge gamer so he gave me a box full of all his old games for nes. Seeing as I don't own a NES I was just going to put them all up on my tradelist. Not to bad right? EXCEPT he had a gold cartriage. NINTENDO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 1990. I'm wondering if I should sell it now or wait a couple of years?

EDIT: Found out it was a fake. NM

pics with your user name written on a piece of paper for proof or gtfo.

oh, and the ethical thing to do is tell your friend, if he really is your friend. It's one thing if you find some semi-valuable game like FF1, but your friend basically gave you a couple thousand dollars without knowing.

[quote name='seaclaw']my friend just moved to the west coast. He knows that I'm an huge gamer so he gave me a box full of all his old games for nes. Seeing as I don't own a NES I was just going to put them all up on my tradelist. Not to bad right? EXCEPT he had a gold cartriage. NINTENDO WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 1990. I'm wondering if I should sell it now or wait a couple of years?[/quote]
he had a nintendo world champ? whoa!!you can unload it now and cash in. even if you wait, there will still be alot of people that will buy it. you need to post pictures!!!!!!!

for those who don't know..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/v/CgLqW38ShOc[/media]

I really have no way to prove it since I don't own a camera. I know I should really tell him though. who knows maybe he'll let me keep it.(I can dream can't I)

[quote name='seaclaw']I really have no way to prove it since I don't own a camera. I know I should really tell him though. who knows maybe he'll let me keep it.(I can dream can't I)[/QUOTE]

well, if he's a good friend as well, he'll value the knowledge you imparted and let you keep a couple hundred when he ebays it :)

if you're such a huge gamer go buy an NES ...

wat

[quote name='seaclaw']I really have no way to prove it since I don't own a camera. I know I should really tell him though. who knows maybe he'll let me keep it.(I can dream can't I)[/quote]
well does it have the dip switches?

i've met the guy who won the florida competition. he used to live in nyc but i dunno where he is now. he didnt know the value of it until someone sold one a year or so ago for nearly $10,000. he eventually sold it to my bro's store.

funny thing is I had a NES. I didn't own any good games for it. it was the first thing to go when I had to pay for college though. Right now it's a moot point until he gets his comp set up in his new place.(He doesn't have a cell)

Go buy a digital camera, or a disposable digital camera.

Then take pictures and post them here.

Then sell it on ebay, and recoup the money that you spent on the digital camera (plus $10,000 or so).

can you buy a disposable digital? I guess I could get a regular diposable and get the photos scanned someplace. and it does have the switches on the front.

[quote name='evilmax17']Go buy a digital camera, or a disposable digital camera.

Then take pictures and post them here.

Then sell it on ebay, and recoup the money that you spent on the digital camera (plus $10,000 or so).[/quote]

agree

I can do that. I don't have $20 right now but I get paid Friday. I'm going to call his family they probably know away to get in touch with him. No I'm not Amish just poor. Really really poor. Probably facilitated by my SNES buying habit. I'm sure one of my friends has a camera though

[quote name='seaclaw']can you buy a disposable digital? I guess I could get a regular diposable and get the photos scanned someplace. and it does have the switches on the front.[/QUOTE]

You don't even need to do all that- most places these days offer Photo CD options with film development.

Get any ol' disposable, go somewhere with 1-hour processing, and get a Photo CD with your prints. Load it up on a free image site like photobucket and show us all up.

And do be fair- tell your friend. I think you guys can find a way to split 10 grand. :D

okay I talked to him. the good news= I can keep it. The bad news= he's says it's a knockoff and is therefore worthless. the switches aren't functional and the case is a zelda shell (I was wondering why mine which so much brighter then the one shown in the movie). I think I'll borrow a NES and see what happens though. BTW anyone have a NES?

[quote name='seaclaw']I really have no way to prove it since I don't own a camera. I know I should really tell him though. who knows maybe he'll let me keep it.(I can dream can't I)[/quote]

Okay, so at least you weren't BSing. Hmmm, I should make my own bootlegs, I've got plenty of old gold cartridges from my extra Zelda 1 and 2's.

BTW, are the NES games complete? Have you added them to your list?

look I probably would've told my friend anyway. Trust me I have no illusions about actually being able to keep it if it was real. Seriously just because I don't own a camera. I'll upload pics of the fake though

[quote name='seaclaw']look I probably would've told my friend anyway. Trust me I have no illusions about actually being able to keep it if it was real. Seriously just because I don't own a camera. I'll upload pics of the fake though[/quote]

HAHAHA no worries, I believe you now. Sorry about that - you know how the internet is - you read some insane too good to be true claim, and then sure enough when the calls for pics come the person making the claim goes, "oh I don't have a digital camera/scanner/whatever" and starts making excuses. I hate that sort of nonsense.

In any case, let us know what NES games are available...also, are you only looking for trades, or are you open to selling them and other items from your list? You mentioned being a starving/poor college student, so...

no complete games. Nothing really noteworthy though. I'll add them when I get home tonight. He just handed me a cardboard box full of NES games. there's probably 15 or 20 total. I am kind of wondering if it plays though. I mean if he downloaded a rom image onto it maybe I scored a flash cart. I can live with that(not that I advocate illegal copying of games though). Some of the stuff I could be convinced to sell. Most of my collection has already been pawned off though. the only games I really kept were SNES because they were my favorites.(not to mention the store around me would give about $70 for the set and then resell at 160% ebay prices.

lol yeah I could've used a couple extra thousand lying around. I should call him back and make sure that the rest of them are actual copies. updated my list with the NES games and some other stuff.

bread's done
Back