*AC:B Demo NOW on PLUS* ::PS PLUS 10/19: Abe's Oddysee, Bloons, BurnZombie Free!

quest1962

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just read this on Joystiq, and don't see a thread yet. If I missed it, I apologize for the repost.

**Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Early Demo LIVE NOW!**

Starting October 19, the FREE GAMES on PSN PLUS will include:

Oddworld:Abe's Oddysee (PS One Classic),
'Bloons (Minis)
Burn Zombie, Burn

50% Discounted games:

Everyday Shooter (PS3 and PSP)
Shienryu (Japanese PS1 Imports)
Tall Unlimited (Japanese PS1 Imports)

Free Themes and Avatars:

Killzone 3 Theme
Wise Father Theme

The items coming OFF the Free and Discounted Lists on 10/19:

Echoes – minis
Zen Pinball
Syphon Filter 3 (PS one Classic)
Shades of Autumn Theme
Cuboid (50% off)
LittleBigPlanet: Monsters Costume Pack (50% off)
Savage Moon (50% off)
Alien Breed: Impact (25% off)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh, they have given out like 4 or 5 non minis for free so far and I have owned EVERY one of them except for one.....this has def not been worth it for me so far.

Looks like a decent selection for once. PS1 games so far have been awful choices.

The service has still been a joke with all the backtracking on what was originally promised (monthly DLC, trials, avatars, dynamic themes).

Yeah, it has not yet lived up to my expectations either.

'Bloons and Oddworld have been on my list, so this is a good month for me.

I liked Echoes for free, too.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Looks like a decent selection for once. PS1 games so far have been awful choices.

The service has still been a joke with all the backtracking on what was originally promised (monthly DLC, trials, avatars, dynamic themes).[/QUOTE]

They've offered at least 2 seperate updates per month, if not more in many cases. Every month there have been monthly DLC's, trials, avatars, and themes. They've lived up to their end of the deal. I'm sorry your expectations were so lofty for something you pay

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Looks like a decent selection for once. PS1 games so far have been awful choices.

The service has still been a joke with all the backtracking on what was originally promised (monthly DLC, trials, avatars, dynamic themes).[/QUOTE]

Yeah... and what happened to access to Betas ?

[quote name='mtxbass1']They've offered at least 2 seperate updates per month, if not more in many cases. Every month there have been monthly DLC's, trials, avatars, and themes. They've lived up to their end of the deal. I'm sorry your expectations were so lofty for something you pay

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Actually, no. There was no add-on DLC for month 2 or 4 and month 1 (a single Warhawk pack) was made redundant by month 3 (the Warhawk bundle). There were no dynamic themes or avatars in month 2. There was no trial for month 4 and the three previous trials were pointless considering all three games had demos that offered gameplay that was far more representative of the full game than the first hour of gameplay that the trial allowed.

All those items were promised on a monthly basis. It doesn't matter what I paid. All that matters is what I paid for. Sony got me to sign up based on their original promises and they haven't followed through.[/QUOTE]

Can you show me where Sony promised to give dynamic themes on a monthly basis

Also didn't Plus users get a Move DLC add-on for High Velocity Bowling in the 4th month? The first month also included a bunch of Magic Orbz DLC and month 3 included a UFC 2010 DLC add-on.

I still kinda wonder what happens to the DLC after your subscription ends. They don't even have expiration date, do they just disappear?

edit- I remember this old page that showed it has an expiration date on some Sony site that shows all the purchases....but still wonder

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Actually, no. There was no add-on DLC for month 2 or 4 and month 1 (a single Warhawk pack) was made redundant by month 3 (the Warhawk bundle). There were no dynamic themes or avatars in month 2. There was no trial for month 4 and the three previous trials were pointless considering all three games had demos that offered gameplay that was far more representative of the full game than the first hour of gameplay that the trial allowed.

All those items were promised on a monthly basis. It doesn't matter what I paid. All that matters is what I paid for. Sony got me to sign up based on their original promises and they haven't followed through.[/QUOTE]

Not one single time in the history of PSN+ did Sony promise that you would get all of those things every single month. They delivered on every thing they said they would so far. They have had access to early demos, betas and anything else they said they would. The content Sony has delivered so far in just 4 months has far exceeded the $50 subscription fee.

Guys, I've been thinking. A great idea for Sony to really make some business would be to have every single PS3 game available for a 60 minute trial. And possibly a 30 to 60 minute trial for PS1 games, which would be fantastic, that way we could try every game out (considering that their are only so many demos released for PS3 titles)

I know this idea seems a bit much that Sony would probably never do this for PSN Plus subscribers, but it is a great idea in my opinion and I think would definitely increase business for their company.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Not one single time in the history of PSN+ did Sony promise that you would get all of those things every single month. They delivered on every thing they said they would so far. They have had access to early demos, betas and anything else they said they would. The content Sony has delivered so far in just 4 months has far exceeded the $50 subscription fee.[/QUOTE]

I definitely agree. It sucks for those that own the games, but for me, it's been well worth the money already for the games included and some of the DLC. I don't really care about the dynamic themes or avatars one bit, unless it's that Sackboy one.

So far this is what we've gotten (I might be missing some)

Full games:

Wipeout HD (PS3) - 1.04 GB
Rally Cross (PS3/PSP) - 103 MB
Age of Zombies (PS3/PSP) - 21 MB
Field Runners (PSP/PS3) - 29 MB
Critter Crunch (PSN game)
Syphon Filter (PS1 classic)
Kahoots (PS Mini)
aeroracers (PS mini)
Mushroom Wars (PSN game)
2xtreme (PS1 classic)
Vempires (PS mini)
Blast Off (PS mini)
Zen Pinball (PS3)
Echoes – minis
Syphon Filter 3 – PS One

Add-ons:

High Velocity Bowling – Move Compatibility Add-On
Warhawk: Booster Combo
UFC Undisputed 2010 – TUF Fighter DLC Pack
Warhawk - Fallen Star Pack
Cuboid - Booster Pack
Cuboid - Bundle Pack
Cuboid - Level Editor
Magic Orbz - Booster Pack
Magic Orbz - Jungle Pack
Magic Orbz - Winter Pack
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - Booster Pack
Smash Cars - Virus Run

Early Access/Betas:

Hulu Plus
Kane and Lynch 2 demo
Swords and Soldiers
PixelJunk Racers Second La
God of War: Ghost of Sparta PSP Demo
TerRover early access demo
Dead Nation Beta

That's the first 4 months, with 11 months to go for me. Pretty sure there's over $100 worth of value there already listed. That also doesn't include all the great discounts we've received as well.

Everyday Shooter worth a buy when it goes 50% off? Looked interesting when I looked at it, but never really read if it was good or not.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Everyday Shooter worth a buy when it goes 50% off? Looked interesting when I looked at it, but never really read if it was good or not.[/QUOTE]

Do you enjoy twin stick shooters? If so, then by all means yes.

It was one of the first PSN games I purchased waaaaaaay back when it came out. I still haven't unlocked everything on it, but every play through is different. I highly recommend it for $5.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Not one single time in the history of PSN+ did Sony promise that you would get all of those things every single month. They delivered on every thing they said they would so far. They have had access to early demos, betas and anything else they said they would. The content Sony has delivered so far in just 4 months has far exceeded the $50 subscription fee.[/QUOTE]

"Each month there will be dynamic themes, premium avatars and premium game elements/add-ons for you to download and many will be exclusive to PlayStation Plus members only. These are yours to keep forever once you have downloaded them."

"Full Game Trial: Each month we will be offering members the chance to download full games and try them out for a period of time (one hour, unless otherwise stated). After the game trial is complete, simply purchase the game to carry on where you left off. This is a unique way to trial the full game experience and means you don’t have to be restricted to certain levels/game modes when you test out a game."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/24/playstation-plus-your-questions-answered/

[quote name='MrBeatdown']"Each month there will be dynamic themes, premium avatars and premium game elements/add-ons for you to download and many will be exclusive to PlayStation Plus members only. These are yours to keep forever once you have downloaded them."

"Full Game Trial: Each month we will be offering members the chance to download full games and try them out for a period of time (one hour, unless otherwise stated). After the game trial is complete, simply purchase the game to carry on where you left off. This is a unique way to trial the full game experience and means you don’t have to be restricted to certain levels/game modes when you test out a game."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/24/playstation-plus-your-questions-answered/[/QUOTE]

And they've delivered on every one of those things and then some. The only thing you might be able to call them out on would be the full game trials and out of that they've delivered one every month but one. Even then they've offered trials to PSN+ members that weren't even available to regular PSN subscribers. Every single month Sony has provided MULTIPLE DLC's, themes, etc.

The discounts alone have made PSN+ worth it for myself and many other people. Sony has delivered on every single thing they said they would with PSN+ along with some nice surprises so far. The amount of content they've put out for + after only 4 months is amazing.

Really peeved by the fact that they are releasing all of these imports on PSN now when they still have a huge selection of AAA PS1 games they haven't released yet. I love PSN, but it could and should be so much more.

[quote name='mtxbass1']And they've delivered on every one of those things and then some. The only thing you might be able to call them out on would be the full game trials and out of that they've delivered one every month but one. Even then they've offered trials to PSN+ members that weren't even available to regular PSN subscribers. Every single month Sony has provided MULTIPLE DLC's, themes, etc.

The discounts alone have made PSN+ worth it for myself and many other people. Sony has delivered on every single thing they said they would with PSN+ along with some nice surprises so far. The amount of content they've put out for + after only 4 months is amazing.

Like I stated before, your expectations of PSN+ are naive and lofty. Sony has lived up to their end of the bargain. No where in any terms of service did they state that you would get every single type of content per month.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Do you just like to ignore facts for the sake of your argument?

Month 2
No dynamic themes as promised. No avatars as promised. No add-on DLC as promised.

Month 3
No avatars as promised.

Month 4
No full game trial as promised. No add-on DLC as promised

It's pretty simple. Sony made promises and they've broken at least one of those every month for three months straight.

I want what I paid for. Not a bunch of random junk like early demos, discounts, and normal themes I can get on the internet for free. I paid for a full game trial each month. I paid for add-ons each month. I paid for avatars each month. I paid for dynamic themes each month. Sony hasn't offered these things each month as promised. It's as simple as that.

If you think you're getting your money's worth, that's great. But it doesn't excuse the fact that Sony promised one thing, took my money, then decided to offer something different or nothing at all.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Month 2 was Heavy Rain avatar right? Dont remember which months there were, there was MAG, Fat Princess, Sackboy[/QUOTE]

That was the last week of month 1. There were like six or so for month 1. None for month 2 or 3. The first week we got any after that was the first week of month 4.

[quote name='mtxbass1']OP. The information you posted was also put into the weekly PSN update thread in the PS3 forum, but since only a handful of people seem to look at that thread, I see no problem with it here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info. I have not seen that thread. And thanks for having my back! ;)

[quote name='nflsonic']Definitely looking forward to Oddworld and Burn, Zombie, Burn for free! Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]
You paid for ps+ so how is it free?

This is from Joystiq...about a Killzone 3 beta Oct 25th

Guerrilla Games' Killzone The Tres is set to unleash a public beta on October 25, the PlayStation Blog promises. Of course, there's a catch: in order to get in on it, you'll need to be a PlayStation Plus subscriber before the beta rolls out, and download a custom Killzone 3 XMB theme, which'll release on October 19. The first 10,000 to download the theme will get access -- 5,000 from the US, 5,000 from Europe.

You'll also want to keep an eye on your email inbox, because Sony plans to mail out codes on October 25 to the lucky 10,000 who snagged the XMB theme first. To help tide you over, Sony's got a new trailer, which you can check out past the break.

At least that is a guarantee most of us will get in ;)

So far PS+ has been very disappointing. Only the first 5k or so get Killzone 3 beta? So what time do we all have to be sitting at our ps3's hammering the download button to get in? This is insane. I should of just kept my Qore yearly subscription.

[quote name='powersurge']So far PS+ has been very disappointing. ... I should of just kept my Qore yearly subscription.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MSI Magus']Sigh, they have given out like 4 or 5 non minis for free so far and I have owned EVERY one of them except for one.....this has def not been worth it for me so far.[/QUOTE]

You guys are doing it wrong.

Now that PS+ exists you should never buy *anything* on PSN unless it's DLC for a game you like. I buy absolutely nothing off PSN, I just make sure to bank the free stuff every update. If you already had a substantial PSN library when Plus came out... well, I guess I understand. I happened to have very little so it has been a great investment for me.

As for the KZ3 beta, what do you expect? They can't just let every single person in that wants to play. Remember, the purpose of online betas is to test matchmaking systems and balance issues, not give people a chance to play the game early for free. At least with Plus you have a shot at getting in.

[quote name='powersurge']So far PS+ has been very disappointing. Only the first 5k or so get Killzone 3 beta? So what time do we all have to be sitting at our ps3's hammering the download button to get in? This is insane. I should of just kept my Qore yearly subscription.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if there are even 5,000 people in the US who have PS Plus. I highly doubt you'll have that much trouble getting in.

so hows this work on free games?? if i get a subscription and then later cancel do i still get to keep Burn Zombie, Burn? or does it go away when i cancel?

[quote name='dudejeff22']You guys are doing it wrong.

Now that PS+ exists you should never buy *anything* on PSN unless it's DLC for a game you like. I buy absolutely nothing off PSN, I just make sure to bank the free stuff every update. If you already had a substantial PSN library when Plus came out... well, I guess I understand. I happened to have very little so it has been a great investment for me.

As for the KZ3 beta, what do you expect? They can't just let every single person in that wants to play. Remember, the purpose of online betas is to test matchmaking systems and balance issues, not give people a chance to play the game early for free. At least with Plus you have a shot at getting in.[/QUOTE]

I am not doing it wrong, I have not been buying games that way I can get them when they go on sale or are free. I already owned all the other games except Mushroom War from when I was part of a game share group.

[quote name='Eighties']so hows this work on free games?? if i get a subscription and then later cancel do i still get to keep Burn Zombie, Burn? or does it go away when i cancel?[/QUOTE]

It would go away. Stuff you get for free from PSN+ is only available for the duration of you Plus subscription. If you want to keep it, you'll have to resub again in a year.

However, if you *pay* for a game that is being discounted for PS+ subscribers, that is yours for good. It's just the 100% 'free' stuff that goes away.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Plus members get access to the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood MP beta. Nice![/QUOTE]

Something just seems odd about the consumer paying money in one form or another for the right to test incomplete software for a company.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Plus members get access to the Assassin's Creed Brotherhood MP beta. Nice![/QUOTE]

do you have to also download a FREE XMB THEME for this also lol

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']do you have to also download a FREE XMB THEME for this also lol[/QUOTE]

No, I noticed it in the Plus section to DL. I think it's only for selected members though

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Really peeved by the fact that they are releasing all of these imports on PSN now when they still have a huge selection of AAA PS1 games they haven't released yet. I love PSN, but it could and should be so much more.[/QUOTE]

If it's any solace, there are two great PSOne Classics coming up on October 12 - Alundra and Arc The Lad - for $5.99 each.

Originally Posted by nflsonic
Definitely looking forward to Oddworld and Burn, Zombie, Burn for free! Thanks, OP!

[quote name='Archfiend']You paid for ps+ so how is it free?[/QUOTE]

Seriously? This isn't clear?

There is no extra charge for members.

The overall idea is paying for the access, with the understanding that the member will receive more value than the cost of purchase "ala carte".

Its similar to Costco or BJ's. You pay the membership fee, and get discounts that outweigh the original outlay for access.

And you call yourself a CAG?

So i have read that you can gameshare this PSN subscription, do other 4 members other than the host get access to the betas?

please say yes. :cry:

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Seriously? Do you just like to ignore facts for the sake of your argument?

Month 2
No dynamic themes as promised. No avatars as promised. No add-on DLC as promised.

Month 3
No avatars as promised.

Month 4
No full game trial as promised. No add-on DLC as promised

It's pretty simple. Sony made promises and they've broken at least one of those every month for three months straight.

I want what I paid for. Not a bunch of random junk like early demos, discounts, and normal themes I can get on the internet for free. I paid for a full game trial each month. I paid for add-ons each month. I paid for avatars each month. I paid for dynamic themes each month. Sony hasn't offered these things each month as promised. It's as simple as that.

If you think you're getting your money's worth, that's great. But it doesn't excuse the fact that Sony promised one thing, took my money, then decided to offer something different or nothing at all.[/QUOTE]

Can you please show me, in the terms of service that you agreed to when you signed up for PSN+, where Sony specifically states that you would get each type of specific content month after month? I'm waiting. I don't want a blog post. Blogs are opinions. Give me the actual factual posting that says "We, Sony, Guarantee you will get x,y,z type of content PER MONTH." Until you can show me that, shut it.

Sony did not promise that you would get every single one of the different types of content per month, for free. That is a fact. A fact that you seem to keep ignoring. You might have interpreted the terms of service that way, but you're clearly wrong. End of discussion. They said they would deliver free themes, avatars, psn titles, discounts on other titles, full game trials, and whatever else. NO WHERE in their terms of service did they say that you would get specific content each month. You were promised absolutely nothing. It's as simple as that. If you can't see that, then it's no wonder you're so upset over this. You signed up for a subscription service that offered random content. If you don't like the content that they offer, that's your problem.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I definitely agree. It sucks for those that own the games, but for me, it's been well worth the money already for the games included and some of the DLC. I don't really care about the dynamic themes or avatars one bit, unless it's that Sackboy one.

So far this is what we've gotten (I might be missing some)

Full games:

Wipeout HD (PS3) - 1.04 GB
Rally Cross (PS3/PSP) - 103 MB
Age of Zombies (PS3/PSP) - 21 MB
Field Runners (PSP/PS3) - 29 MB
Critter Crunch (PSN game)
Syphon Filter (PS1 classic)
Kahoots (PS Mini)
aeroracers (PS mini)
Mushroom Wars (PSN game)
2xtreme (PS1 classic)
Vempires (PS mini)
Blast Off (PS mini)
Zen Pinball (PS3)
Echoes – minis
Syphon Filter 3 – PS One

Add-ons:

High Velocity Bowling – Move Compatibility Add-On
Warhawk: Booster Combo
UFC Undisputed 2010 – TUF Fighter DLC Pack
Warhawk - Fallen Star Pack
Cuboid - Booster Pack
Cuboid - Bundle Pack
Cuboid - Level Editor
Magic Orbz - Booster Pack
Magic Orbz - Jungle Pack
Magic Orbz - Winter Pack
Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - Booster Pack
Smash Cars - Virus Run

Early Access/Betas:

Hulu Plus
Kane and Lynch 2 demo
Swords and Soldiers
PixelJunk Racers Second La
God of War: Ghost of Sparta PSP Demo
TerRover early access demo
Dead Nation Beta

That's the first 4 months, with 11 months to go for me. Pretty sure there's over $100 worth of value there already listed. That also doesn't include all the great discounts we've received as well.[/QUOTE]

we got early access to the Lara Croft demo too

[quote name='cRodz']So i have read that you can gameshare this PSN subscription, do other 4 members other than the host get access to the betas?

please say yes. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I have 2 ps3s and all my plus stuff (aside from avatars) are installed and work fine on both consoles.

this is the most exciting plus update for me so far (been subscribed since day 1)

i've been badly wanting to play oddworld since i never have, i know bzb is entertaining + easy trophies. and the killzone 3 beta potentially? yes please.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Can you please show me, in the terms of service that you agreed to when you signed up for PSN+, where Sony specifically states that you would get each type of specific content month after month? I'm waiting. I don't want a blog post. Blogs are opinions. Give me the actual factual posting that says "We, Sony, Guarantee you will get x,y,z type of content PER MONTH." Until you can show me that, shut it.

Sony did not promise that you would get every single one of the different types of content per month, for free. That is a fact. A fact that you seem to keep ignoring. You might have interpreted the terms of service that way, but you're clearly wrong. End of discussion. They said they would deliver free themes, avatars, psn titles, discounts on other titles, full game trials, and whatever else. NO WHERE in their terms of service did they say that you would get specific content each month. You were promised absolutely nothing. It's as simple as that. If you can't see that, then it's no wonder you're so upset over this. You signed up for a subscription service that offered random content. If you don't like the content that they offer, that's your problem.[/QUOTE]

Do actually read what I post? I posted a link on the first page. But I'll do it again.

"Each month there will be dynamic themes, premium avatars and premium game elements/add-ons for you to download"

"Each month we will be offering members the chance to download full games and try them out for a period of time (one hour, unless otherwise stated). "

That is from the PLAYSTATION OFFICIAL BLOG. It is not a fucking opinion.

What is so hard to understand about that? They advertised something and didn't follow through with it. It's pretty damn simple.

bread's done
Back