AC:Brotherhood & GT5 have SDTV mode?

superhippy1986

CAGiversary!
Or something to allow the entire screen to be viewed or text to appear larger? Because I'm planning on getting them but need to know for sure.

And anything on ME2 PS3 with the small text would help too.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']If you have enough money to buy those games, you have enough for an HDTV.[/QUOTE]

U mad?

I use an SDTV with GT5 (and every other console game I have, old and new), and I found myself using the R1 zoom function a lot.

[quote name='jkanownik'] Tips on SDTV viewing here. [/QUOTE]
That's not a bad entry level option for someone looking to upgrade, but the OP said it's not gonna happen.

Although I said that too and I'm a 21.5" LCD monitor somewhat similar to the one you linked to.;)

The picture is nice, but the lack of a remote control for the volume means I gotta get up off my fat ass to tap the touch controls for the volume if a game is particularly loud.:cry:

Then again I'm only 4 or so feet from it, so that's not a big deal.:booty:

[quote name='JasonTerminator']If you have enough money to buy those games, you have enough for an HDTV.[/QUOTE]
Seriously. Just wait on buying some games for a little while and use that money for a TV. Then buy the games when they're probably going to be cheaper anyway.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Seriously. Just wait on buying some games for a little while and use that money for a TV. Then buy the games when they're probably going to be cheaper anyway.[/QUOTE]
Apparently you missed the third post, where the OP said the following:
Not going to happen but thanks..
None of you are going to change the OP's or anyone's mind on whether or not they want to get an HDtv or not. If they're ok with an SDtv for playing their current gen game system(s) on, then leave them alone unless you have something more constructive than 'hurrr hurrr be a sheeple like us and buy a huge tv so you can go blind and need glasses before you're 50' to say that'll help answer their question(s) they have.

It they want to get an HDtv later on(or a monitor like some of us use), then they'll get it without people harping on them about it.:booty:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Apparently you missed the third post, where the OP said the following:

None of you are going to change the OP's or anyone's mind on whether or not they want to get an HDtv or not. If they're ok with an SDtv for playing their current gen game system(s) on, then leave them alone unless you have something more constructive than 'hurrr hurrr be a sheeple like us and buy a huge tv so you can go blind and need glasses before you're 50' to say that'll help answer their question(s) they have.

It they want to get an HDtv later on(or a monitor like some of us use), then they'll get it without people harping on them about it.:booty:[/QUOTE]

Thanks! See I'll get one ONE DAY when I have enough to get a 32 inch or more but till then I'm happy.. Sort of..

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Apparently you missed the third post, where the OP said the following:

It they want to get an HDtv later on(or a monitor like some of us use), then they'll get it without people harping on them about it.:booty:[/QUOTE]
Buy a HDTV.

It's not like he's saying his cars running funny and we tell him to get a brand new car.

HDTV's are SO fucking cheap - save some coins and at the end of the month cash them in and get a decent 30".

But he's NOT ok with the way playing games on his SDTV is. That's why he made the damn thread!

The simplest solution is, upgrade already. Why should game developers cater to his caveman TV?

Ok, will anybody just off some actually SDTV solutions. I'm sorry but saying "Buy and HDTV" is not a solution for some of us. It is very hard to find a good HDTV that does not lag in 480i/240p conditions. Hell its hard to find a HDTV that doesn't lag in it's native resolution. SDTV's are what some of us prefer to game on because of several things, not because of money (trust me, I have passed up several attempts to get a HDTV, but there was always something I did not like). I'm not saying that me and the OP have the same reasons for wanting SDTV viewing solutions, but HDTV's are not the solution for everything.

[quote name='JDashATL']HDTV's are not the solution for everything.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they're the only solution to this.

[quote name='superhippy1986']something to allow the entire screen to be viewed or text to appear larger?[/QUOTE]

So yeah, buy an HDTV.

[quote name='Zerok']I'm pretty sure they're the only solution to this.

So yeah, buy an HDTV.[/QUOTE]

That was not the OP question. The OP's question was do these games have a SDTV mode. Please just answer no or yes the move along. Don't preach to the man.

[quote name='JDashATL']That was not the OP question. The OP's question was do these games have a SDTV mode. Please just answer no or yes the move along. Don't preach to the man.[/QUOTE]

He quoted the OP. How is that not his question?

[quote name='superhippy1986']Not going to happen but thanks..[/QUOTE]

That is addition to the question. Just honor his request if so.

get an S video cable if your sdtv supports it,the one i got for my ps3 was only 10 bucks.

text messages on the cellphone in gta4 went from almost unreadable to easily readable.a big difference.
on other games it was the same.

[quote name='JDashATL']Ok, will anybody just off some actually SDTV solutions. I'm sorry but saying "Buy and HDTV" is not a solution for some of us. It is very hard to find a good HDTV that does not lag in 480i/240p conditions. Hell its hard to find a HDTV that doesn't lag in it's native resolution. SDTV's are what some of us prefer to game on because of several things, not because of money (trust me, I have passed up several attempts to get a HDTV, but there was always something I did not like). [/QUOTE]

Wtf are you talking about?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Playing a PS3 or 360 on an SDTV is like buying a Ferrari to drive in midtown Manhattan.[/QUOTE]
In that case I own 2 Ferrari's and drive quite a bit in midtown Manhattan. :D

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Wtf are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Do you understand that most HDTVs lag right?

Note: This is getting off topic.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']But he's NOT ok with the way playing games on his SDTV is. That's why he made the damn thread!

The simplest solution is, upgrade already. Why should game developers cater to his caveman TV?[/QUOTE]
Because there are more important things to spend money on(food, bills) than some flashy newer tv? Because all of you videophiles need to get off your damned soapbox and just offer the people asking the questions a solution other than spending $300-1000 or MORE on some silly bullshit tv?

If the OP had a 360 I'd suggest this thing for about $10(component HD/AV cable from Amazon's Warehouse Deals site): http://www.warehousedeals.com/HD-AV-Component-Cable/M/B001FAH7LO.htm

But a better connection to their SDtv might help, so if they could find an S-video/AV cable combo(like I had on my PS3 for a while when I was still playing on an SDtv), then that might help them.

MadCatz makes one and it runs about $10-15: http://www.madcatz.com/Default.asp?Page=315&CategoryImg=PS3_Cables

It's also readily available in Gamestop for about the same price or so. It might help the picture, as I know my PS3's picture was pretty readable on my SDtv when I was using it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Because there are more important things to spend money on(food, bills) than some flashy newer tv? Because all of you videophiles need to get off your damned soapbox and just offer the people asking the questions a solution other than spending $300-1000 or MORE on some silly bullshit tv?

If the OP had a 360 I'd suggest this thing for about $10(component HD/AV cable from Amazon's Warehouse Deals site): http://www.warehousedeals.com/HD-AV-Component-Cable/M/B001FAH7LO.htm

But a better connection to their SDtv might help, so if they could find an S-video/AV cable combo(like I had on my PS3 for a while when I was still playing on an SDtv), then that might help them.

MadCatz makes one and it runs about $10-15: http://www.madcatz.com/Default.asp?Page=315&CategoryImg=PS3_Cables

It's also readily available in Gamestop for about the same price or so. It might help the picture, as I know my PS3's picture was pretty readable on my SDtv when I was using it.[/QUOTE]
I can't afford food or pay my bills... but does anyone know how to get my PS3 to work with these brand new games?

Come on...

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I can't afford food or pay my bills... but does anyone know how to get my PS3 to work with these brand new games?

Come on...[/QUOTE]
Just saying. People have different priorities than buying some stupid fuckin' tv just because 'omg everybody else has it'. Priorities man, PRIORITIES.:booty:

It's not preachy preach, only for the cool kids, or sheep like.

It's common sense.

HDTVs are not expensive now and well worth spending money on than adding more games to a backlog.

If you are buying multiple games rather than saving $10 every now and then for an upgrade that will dramatically improve your entertainment enjoyment... you need to get your priorities straight.

Or you are in massive denial, are yearning to be different, etc...

[quote name='antlp89']It's not preachy preach, only for the cool kids, or sheep like.

It's common sense.

HDTVs are not expensive now and well worth spending money on than adding more games to a backlog.

If you are buying multiple games rather than saving $10 every now and then for an upgrade that will dramatically improve your entertainment enjoyment... you need to get your priorities straight.

Or you are in massive denial, are yearning to be different, etc...
[/QUOTE]
Like I've said before, if not for the monitor I'm using with my PS3 being only $40 on clearance from Target I would NOT have 'upgraded' myself.

But let's say that the OP did 'upgrade' to an HDtv and came back here to tell everyone about it. Only problem is, they only bought a 20 some inch HDtv.:shock:

You'd see the same crowd of fuckin' idiots come in and say 'like omg you totally need a 50" HDtv to see ANY difference between SD and HD'. Then they would go on and on about how a 20 some inch HDtv is such a waste and so on and so forth. It never ends.

People are never happy until others spend the same amount as them on the same shit. For the amount of TV I watch, an SDtv is all I need. For the amount of gaming I do, I figured I'd grab an HD screen and was glad I researched using an LCD computer monitor as it was a good investment for my primary form of entertainment lately. Although as of late I've been waiting for friends to come on to play a game together with on PSN and just letting my PS3 sit there and not playing it, so now it's kind of a waste.:cry:

[quote name='JDashATL']Do you understand that most HDTVs lag right?

Note: This is getting off topic.[/QUOTE]

Unless you're playing Street Fighter or games that require frame precision, the "lag" shouldn't matter since it's barely noticeable.

[quote name='mac101010']Unless you're playing Street Fighter or games that require frame precision, the "lag" shouldn't matter since it's barely noticeable.[/QUOTE]

That is a factor isn't? And IT IS NOTICEABLE. Seriously, 1-frame and 2-frame links are next to impossible on HDTV that lag (which is most). MVC2, haha, good luck seeing Mag tri-jump on you.

Its not even just fighting games, shmups, rhythms games that are not GH or RB (beatmania, yea I still play this game). Plus, the fact that All HDTV lag when receiving 480i/240p images. These are key reasons why I don't have a HDTV.

[quote name='JDashATL']That is a factor isn't? And IT IS NOTICEABLE. Seriously, 1-frame and 2-frame links are next to impossible on HDTV that lag (which is most). MVC2, haha, good luck seeing Mag tri-jump on you.

Its not even just fighting games, shmups, rhythms games that are not GH or RB (beatmania, yea I still play this game). Plus, the fact that All HDTV lag when receiving 480i/240p images. These are key reasons why I don't have a HDTV.[/QUOTE]
Do you live in a place where HDTV's don't exist? I don't think you've ever seen one.

I can't even compute what you are saying right now. Are you THAT hardcore of a gaming pro - that gets millions of dollars to play games for a living that EVERY frame counts? fuck even the pro's game on HDTV's.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Do you live in a place where HDTV's don't exist? I don't think you've ever seen one.

I can't even compute what you are saying right now. Are you THAT hardcore of a gaming pro - that gets millions of dollars to play games for a living that EVERY frame counts? fuck even the pro's game on HDTV's.[/QUOTE]

Its still goes to preference. The question is what is more important to you, Visual Quality or Response of Controls. I prefer Response of Controls especially with the type of games that I love (fighters, shmups, rhythm). There is just that feeling that goes away when you can't react to what you see because your fate has already decided , you just can't see it.

This has nothing to do with If I think I am pro, this has to what I feel and desire when playing video games. I have went from arcades to PCs to Consoles, certain things I just don't compromise, and control is one of them. THIS IS PURELY PREFERENCE. EVERYONE DOES NOT HAVE TO FEEL THE SAME. Just because you can not compute what I feel does not make my position less valid. It is truly, "To each his/her own". Like I said, until I can get an HDTV that does lagless images in 1080p and 480i/280p, i %99.9 percent won't get one for gaming.

[quote name='JDashATL']That is a factor isn't? And IT IS NOTICEABLE. Seriously, 1-frame and 2-frame links are next to impossible on HDTV that lag (which is most). MVC2, haha, good luck seeing Mag tri-jump on you.

Its not even just fighting games, shmups, rhythms games that are not GH or RB (beatmania, yea I still play this game). Plus, the fact that All HDTV lag when receiving 480i/240p images. These are key reasons why I don't have a HDTV.[/QUOTE]

1. 2 frame links should be possible on just about any hdtv out there, you don't even really have to change your timing.

2. 1 frame links require at worst a slight mental pause and a small hit to success percentage, but that doesnt even matter anyways unless you're switching between like 4 tvs a week. Learning how to adjust is necessary now because there are usually multiple types of tvs at tournaments.

3. Trijumping is possible on any kind of lag, seriously.

4. shmups i could understand I guess, but its not like most of us are good enough where a couple frames matter anyways.

[quote name='heavyd853']1. 2 frame links should be possible on just about any hdtv out there, you don't even really have to change your timing.

2. 1 frame links require at worst a slight mental pause and a small hit to success percentage, but that doesnt even matter anyways unless you're switching between like 4 tvs a week. Learning how to adjust is necessary now because there are usually multiple types of tvs at tournaments.

3. Trijumping is possible on any kind of lag, seriously.

4. shmups i could understand I guess, but its not like most of us are good enough where a couple frames matter anyways.[/QUOTE]

1. Its not just doing the combo, its hit-confirm 1-frames.

2. Same thing here, its not doing the combo, its confirming it off of usually a poke, for instance, SSF4 Seth has c.LP, c.LP, c.MP, qcb+k. The spacing and the hit confiming window is now very small now to complete because you could not react to the hit stun when you saw it, that is what I am talking about. Anyone can do combo vid stuff on laggy TVs, its the comp and doing what you would expect, not getting a result of a bad image report and getting punished for reacting to something that doesn't exist.

3. I said seeing the tri-jump, not doing it. Two very different things. Mag does sj. then ad what would you do, block high or low? If you don't see it, you can't react to it.

4. I like pushing myself to that limit. I just like shmups for that High score and difficulty.

All I am saying is this crucial thing to my preference.

I want a HDTV that doesn't lag in 1080p AND (this is very important to me) 480i/240p.

Note: This is so off-topic. We can argue this in another thread, its just that it is very off topic. And I don't mind arguing this.

Don't waste your breath. The 'omg get an HDtv already' zealots are as stubborn and pigheaded as the console fanboys. You won't ever be right with them.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Man, fuck HDTVs. I prefer a nice analog tube, it has a great warm picture.

It's like the gaming equivalent of vinyl. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Amen, fuck HDTVs, they're laggy ass pieces of shit that will never be able to live up to the color quality of a CRT.

[quote name='distgfx']Amen, fuck HDTVs, they're laggy ass pieces of shit that will never be able to live up to the color quality of a CRT.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I rock a 19" RCA with sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ass wood paneling. Shit's beyond twisted. Got my RF daisy chain set up, no switch boxes for me. All in one baybay!!

"sets TV to channel 3"

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Exactly. I rock a 19" RCA with sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ass wood paneling. Shit's beyond twisted. Got my RF daisy chain set up, no switch boxes for me. All in one baybay!!

"sets TV to channel 3"[/QUOTE]

Hell yea, I'm rockin' one of these babies:

standards-on-old-tv-photofunia.jpg

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Actually, I might upgrade to this. Shit is mad ballah.

My NES will look so tight on it.[/QUOTE]

Shit's awesome, my friend has one of those, the picture on it is amazing.

4302377226_0dfdb15d4f.jpg

bread's done
Back