AC Gate Gone!!!

SadieDee

CAGiversary!
It's been a while since I've posted here so hopefully I'm not posting something that's been said before but some of you have been to my bf's and my town (Jonty/Jonaburg and Sarie/Sarieton respectively). Anyway, after some wifi play last night, I fell in a pitfall before leaving my bf's town and the game crashed (but only on his end). When he restarted the game, his gate was totally gone.

He sent an e-mail to Nintendo and they say they want him to call and speak with him directly. We tried looking online and seeing if this has happened to other people. Apparently it has something to do with designer tiles and placing pitfalls close to the entrance. ( http://www.joystiq.com/2006/01/18/animal-crossing-glitch-into-the-great-wide-nothing/ ) I find that weird because I routinely "booby trap" my own town so to speak with pitfalls around the entrance and I haven't had the same problem.

Hopefully it doesn't happen to any of you, but it's a warning of a glitch I guess.

My bf just called up Nintendo and said he had two options, the first was to just restart his town, the second was to mail in his game and system for 7 business days and they can read out his town information and get the gate back for them. I guess it also helps them to figure out what causes the glitch too, so he decided to mail in his system

Anyway, here are some pics. Sorry they are blurry, he took them with his camera phone. Next time I see him, I'll take some with my digital camera.

DSAnimalCrossing3.jpg

DSAnimalCrossing2.jpg

DSAnimalCrossing.jpg

Yea major bummer...this was discovered about a month ago, but for a while people thought it was a "hack"...just a really unfortunate glitch that screws you if it happens to you...luckily no one maliciously set you up, because that would suck more, it was just an accident. Has your b/f decided what he'll do?

It happened to me about a week ago as well. I placed pitfalls near my gate, and I got the "The game is lagging" screen. When I turned the game back on, my gate was missing and I was able to walk in the space where it used to be. Luckily, I had my gamesave backed up on my computer courtesy of Action Replay. I restored my gamesave and everything was fine.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']wow... that is nto fun at all. Knowing how much time is needed for this game, that can ruin alot for anyone.[/QUOTE]

Indeed! I can't really imagine anything worse happening in this game. Hopefully Nintendo's techs will be able to sort it out and recover the town and catalog.

Wow, that's really weird. I'm impressed Nintendo is willing to try and save his town data if he sends it in...that's what I call going the extra mile.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Wow, that's really weird. I'm impressed Nintendo is willing to try and save his town data if he sends it in...that's what I call going the extra mile.[/QUOTE]

most of the time when I have had to deal with nintendo personally they usually do go the extra mile. they're one of the few large corporations that actually care about their customers...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']most of the time when I have had to deal with nintendo personally they usually do go the extra mile. they're one of the few large corporations that actually care about their customers...[/QUOTE]

When he told me that Nintendo would fix it for him, I was surprised too, that a company that large actually cared about their product and customers. Besides the gliche, it's been an overall good experience. I think a lot of other companies would have just said suck it and start over.

bread's done
Back