AC Replica Hidden Blade-NECA-$39.99

Very cool. This is another reason why I wish I wasn't blacklisted at Gamestop.com. I've called twice in the last six months and each time was told that I would have the ban lifted but even today I was unable to place an order online and since it's doubtful that you can preorder these in store I guess I'm SOL unless NECA takes orders on their website which is also doubtful

Man im sorry to hear that :whistle2:/. The fact they didn't announce these are limited may mean you could find one on amazon after release or at least not a huge mark up in price.

The video is disappointing - you have to activate it by pushing a button up near your elbow, not with your finger, and you have to manually push the blade back down into the mechanism to reload it. Also the design and construction of the bracer itself is kind of meh looking. After getting the P-Body portal gun, which is awesome, I am very disappointed in NECA with this one.

Maybe I'm weird, but I would only be interested in this with a real blade. Having it be plastic makes it jsut seem like complete junk.

My buddy made a real one (blade and all) and it was spring loaded. It worked FANTASTICALLY and looked so cool the only downside was it was FAST, like too fast. After a while the blade came loose and one time he went to retract the blade and it shot out, broke off of the mount and got stuck in the wall... right beside his younger brother.

After that he retired the blade..

Well what do u know GS is selling the perfect El Hoardo population control device gonna have to get 2 or 3 of them. Only thing missing is a matching Macleod sword then a few of us can begin the purge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnJt9p-sHho&feature=related

It's "El Hoardo fighting time"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR-4mhUg6Jw

[quote name='GBAstar']Very cool. This is another reason why I wish I wasn't blacklisted at Gamestop.com. I've called twice in the last six months and each time was told that I would have the ban lifted but even today I was unable to place an order online and since it's doubtful that you can preorder these in store I guess I'm SOL unless NECA takes orders on their website which is also doubtful[/QUOTE]How are they tracking you address, payment? Can't you have friends/family use their info instead.

[quote name='BrolyB593']My buddy made a real one (blade and all) and it was spring loaded. It worked FANTASTICALLY and looked so cool the only downside was it was FAST, like too fast. After a while the blade came loose and one time he went to retract the blade and it shot out, broke off of the mount and got stuck in the wall... right beside his younger brother.

After that he retired the blade..[/QUOTE]Even with movie props stuntmen/actors get hurt/killed so I would say leave it to the pros.

Ordered one. Will be used for shenanigans.

[quote name='Kamera']The video is disappointing - you have to activate it by pushing a button up near your elbow, not with your finger, and you have to manually push the blade back down into the mechanism to reload it. Also the design and construction of the bracer itself is kind of meh looking. After getting the P-Body portal gun, which is awesome, I am very disappointed in NECA with this one.[/QUOTE]
The button looks pretty easy to press, so I'm thinking you will be able to activate it by pushing against the side of your body at the right angle. Getting the blade back in can also be hands free if you use your friend's neck :p

It may not be perfect but I think logically this is the best it could be from a sales/business standpoint. The pricepoint isn't bad for a gaming collectible that from 3 ft away you wouldn't even know what it was made of. Plus they can't put a metal blade in this thing. They'd be out of business due to some kid shanking his bro or someone not knowing what it is and pushing the button by accident and stabbing themselves. It looks to be very detailed and who knows maybe they will fix the button placement before release.

[quote name='Enuf']
How are they tracking you address, payment? Can't you have friends/family use their info instead.[/QUOTE]

Any order placed that has the same shipping or billing address as what they have on record for myself will get auto denied.

Unfortunately my billing address is my parent's house and I have to keep it that way otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep an account with the local credit union as I live just outside city limits. That means they can't place an order using their information and my girlfriend who lives with my can't place an order because her billing/shipping information is the same as my shipping information.

I'm sure I could have a friend place an order but it's not worth the hassle.

The messed up thing is I got banned for buying x3 Deus Ex: HR AE (PC) and x3 Move Motion Controller and x2 Sony Wireless Headset (all seperate shipments) over a year ago and my account is still frozen.

Those are the only purchases I have ever made on gamestop.com

[quote name='GBAstar']Any order placed that has the same shipping or billing address as what they have on record for myself will get auto denied.

Unfortunately my billing address is my parent's house and I have to keep it that way otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep an account with the local credit union as I live just outside city limits. That means they can't place an order using their information and my girlfriend who lives with my can't place an order because her billing/shipping information is the same as my shipping information.

I'm sure I could have a friend place an order but it's not worth the hassle.

The messed up thing is I got banned for buying x3 Deus Ex: HR AE (PC) and x3 Move Motion Controller and x2 Sony Wireless Headset (all seperate shipments) over a year ago and my account is still frozen.

Those are the only purchases I have ever made on gamestop.com[/QUOTE]here's an option fedex kinkos & UPS stores accept packages just pay with a pre-paid card or GC.

[quote name='Enuf']here's an option fedex kinkos & UPS stores accept packages just pay with a pre-paid card or GC.[/QUOTE]

Last I knew GS.com didn't accept gamestop gift cards online. I could use a prepaid card I suppose and have it mailed to a neighbors but it really isn't worth the hassle.

I've sent several e-mails and made a handful of calls and at this point I could care less because they get very few exclusives. I've been told twice that my account would be unlocked but here I am more then a year later.

My biggest gripe is that if you doing want people buying "x" amount of an item of something just set limits like Amazon does.

i just used a gs gift card 2 weeks ago to order the mk te fightstick for $40 on gamestop.com. worked just fine, theres a space to enter your gc # on the checkout page.

[quote name='GBAstar']Last I knew GS.com didn't accept gamestop gift cards online. I could use a prepaid card I suppose and have it mailed to a neighbors but it really isn't worth the hassle.
[/QUOTE]

I'm enjoying the folks on here who want a real blade in one of these ... of course, I'd probably also enjoy the inevitable article on kotaku or joystiq where someone ends up stabbing their own hand using one of these ... think about the logistics of a spring blade that shoots out at your wrist and the way your wrist moves before you beg someone to make you a real one :p

I'm contemplating whether or not I should buy this, to resell. After all, the Gears of War Lancer made by the same company, which was also a Gamestop exclusive, went up in price. Although, Gears of War is a more popular game, and that gun was much more detailed, and about five times the size of these things.

Anyone have any ideas on whether or not this will be worth anything? I have no doubt it's truly limited, as all the products I've seen by this company were. All those products were Gears of War lancers, though. Three of which were stupid pink, blue and green ones.

[quote name='PetersHere']I'm contemplating whether or not I should buy this, to resell. After all, the Gears of War Lancer made by the same company, which was also a Gamestop exclusive, went up in price. Although, Gears of War is a more popular game, and that gun was much more detailed, and about five times the size of these things.

Anyone have any ideas on whether or not this will be worth anything? I have no doubt it's truly limited, as all the products I've seen by this company were. All those products were Gears of War lancers, though. Three of which were stupid pink, blue and green ones.[/QUOTE]

Uh, I don't think Gears is much more popular if any at all... AC is on more than one console and I think AC:III will outsell Gears 3 anyway(I actually think it'll have CoD like numbers).

*EDIT*

Did some numbers research, and yeah, the AC series has sold more than double what Gears has. Granted, there's one more AC game than Gears, but I think the numbers speak for themselves. ;)

[quote name='Mixer236']
*EDIT*

Did some numbers research, and yeah, the AC series has sold more than double what Gears has. Granted, there's one more AC game than Gears, but I think the numbers speak for themselves. ;)[/QUOTE]Were they the numbers of PS3 and xbox combined?

[quote name='GUNNM']Were they the numbers of PS3 and xbox combined?[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course.

[quote name='BrolyB593']Good point.[/QUOTE]

I fail to see why that is a good point? I mentioned AC being available on more than one console as a strength in my original post... Still, whichever way you slice it, twice the sales usually is a good indicator of something being "more popular". It doesn't matter if it's across multiple platforms, the games are still in the hands of way more people than those that have Gears.

I'm not trying to say AC is better than Gears, just stating that it's probably more well-known and has a bigger place in gaming right now. I have not played any of the Gears series yet, but I plan to someday because it looks good. I enjoy AC. That is all.

Oh, and I'm glad NECA finally decided to make one of these. Guess I know what I'll be dressing up as for the next Halloween party I go to. lol

This is really cool. I doubt I would ever wear it, but it would look pretty bad ass sitting on my shelf. I just wish it were made of metal, but then I guess it would cost a lot more. I would love to buy this, but most of my money is tied up in game pre orders. Unfortunately an item like this will probably be sold out fast and won't be able to get one further on down the road.

Best Buy is also getting this, or a similar item. The guy I was trading in games to today was laughing about it with a co-worker, and he turned around the screen to show it to me. it comes out on my birthday at BB, 10/30.

It would go well with this:

Thank you Skills. The thing with this is that gamestop generally doesn't do true exclusives, just timed exclusives. The black Ezio figure and Da Vinci hang glider and sold everywhere now.

bread's done
Back