Accessing Xbox Live Saves Offline - Please Help

thahamburglir

CAGiversary!
Hey, sorry if this has been asked before, but I've encountered a frustrating problem with my Xbox 360. I have the older "non-wifi" unit and at my new apartment it is no longer connected to the internet, which didn't seem like a big deal since I haven't played an online game in a while. What is annoying is that when I try to play games that I used to play when connected to the internet, I can no longer load my old games since I am logged in as my offline account vs my Xbox live account (they have the same name) even though the saves are on the hard drive, not in the cloud or anything like that. To give you a clearer example, I tried to play Rock Band 2 on my xbox under gamertag Thahamburglir (offline), but it wouldn't load the save since it was under Thahamburglir (Xbox Live), even though the save is on the device Hard Drive. Any help would be HUGELY appreciated. I've tried copying the file on to a thumb drive, but I didn't know where to copy it to since there is only one hard drive to write it to. Thanks in advance, feel free to ask me for clarification if this is poorly worded.

When my internet is down my saves still work. Not sure why that would happen. Unless you mean doc that was originally purchased on another xbox that you re downloaded to this xbox. In which case yes, you would need the license transfer to play in offline mode.

Thanks for the responses, they're definitely files that've been on this machine the whole time, that's why it seems strange I can't access them offline. How do I do a license transfer (and what exactly does that accomplish?) thanks again for the help!

[quote name='thahamburglir']Thahamburglir (offline), but it wouldn't load the save since it was under Thahamburglir (Xbox Live)[/QUOTE]

Even though you are not connected to the internet, you still have to use your XBOX Live account. Since you created an offline account with the same name, the XBOX has no way of knowing that the gamertag is already taken online hence you were able to create two different ones with the same name. That's what I got out of your statement anyway. Saves are tied to a single account, and while they both have the same name, they are still different accounts.

*EDIT* The license transfer would only be good for what the guys above mentioned. If you are trying to play a game that was downloaded on a different XBOX, you will not be able to unless you are connected to XBOX Live with the account that originally downloaded them. Licenses do not apply to save games though.

bread's done
Back