According to Kojima, MGS 4 probably not headed to 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Because you know, the PS3 won't have some reward system by then.....:roll:[/QUOTE]

And that's an awesome thing to not have implemented for a year or two. Achievements kinda lose some of that luster when they only keep track of some games, maybe, and only if they're not from the first two years of the console. Sounds great.

for those of you so hard up about achievements I believe Home will be implementing achievements of some sort when it goes full steam in the Fall.

Me, I couldn't care less. Just gimme my stories already.

[quote name='trq']And that's an awesome thing to not have implemented for a year or two. Achievements kinda lose some of that luster when they only keep track of some games, maybe, and only if they're not from the first two years of the console. Sounds great.[/quote]

You do know that Home which will start in October is going to have an acheivement thing right? So the only games that won't have it are the ones in the first year. Tragic, yes, but still most of the AAA games should, like Ratchet and Clank, and I think that is an easy patch to do.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']You do know that Home which will start in October is going to have an acheivement thing right? So the only games that won't have it are the ones in the first year. Tragic, yes, but still most of the AAA games should, like Ratchet and Clank, and I think that is an easy patch to do.[/quote]

Well, you will get something for just owning games. Just in-game achivements no but older games will still get you something.

Am I the only one that thinks Kojima is going to design MGS4 using the SIXAXIS' tilt feature in mind to make Snake roll, intentionally making it impossible/much harder to port to 360?

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']You do know that Home which will start in October is going to have an acheivement thing right? So the only games that won't have it are the ones in the first year. Tragic, yes, but still most of the AAA games should, like Ratchet and Clank, and I think that is an easy patch to do.[/quote]But Sony's making it completely optional, unlike Microsoft. You can bet a lot of games won't have anything for the Home use.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Am I the only one that thinks Kojima is going to design MGS4 using the SIXAXIS' tilt feature in mind to make Snake roll, intentionally making it impossible/much harder to port to 360?[/quote]Wii version? ;)

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Am I the only one that thinks Kojima is going to design MGS4 using the SIXAXIS' tilt feature in mind to make Snake roll, intentionally making it impossible/much harder to port to 360?[/quote]

It's called a button press.

This is why Sony needs to develop their own games..that we all know aren't going anywhere... I don't see xbox fans wishing for Mario on the 360. I bought my xbox just for Ninja Gaiden... I didn't whine and moan about... oh it should come out on the ps2... it is where it is... leave it there.

[quote name='Thomas96']This is why Sony needs to develop their own games..that we all know aren't going anywhere... I don't see xbox fans wishing for Mario on the 360. I bought my xbox just for Ninja Gaiden... I didn't whine and moan about... oh it should come out on the ps2... it is where it is... leave it there.[/QUOTE]
The only people whining and moaning are Sony fans, i.e. you.

I don't see how you can't understand, that some people don't want to pay $660 to play this game. The only game the interests them on the PS3 is this game, so they'd like for it to be released on a system they own.

[quote name='zewone']The only people whining and moaning are Sony fans, i.e. you.

I don't see how you can't understand, that some people don't want to pay $660 to play this game. The only game the interests them on the PS3 is this game, so they'd like for it to be released on a system they own.[/QUOTE]

if they're so interested in this game, then just get a ps3.... or just learn to live without MGS4... you got lost planet, devil may cry, gears of war, mass effect, and all those other nice games... 360 fans wont' stop whining until all ps3 exclusives titles go to the 360. I'm willing to bet (still) that 360 fans dont give a rats ass about MGS4, they just want it on their system to spite ps3 fans.

Offer still on the table.. Gears of War for MGS 4.... I wonder how many 360 fans would go for that...

[quote name='Thomas96']if they're so interested in this game, then just get a ps3.... or just learn to live without MGS4... you got lost planet, devil may cry, gears of war, mass effect, and all those other nice games... 360 fans wont' stop whining until all ps3 exclusives titles go to the 360. I'm willing to bet (still) that 360 fans dont give a rats ass about MGS4, they just want it on their system to spite ps3 fans.

Offer still on the table.. Gears of War for MGS 4.... I wonder how many 360 fans would go for that...[/QUOTE]

Incredible. I can almost sense that the author tried to have a point, but then got distracted by shiny objects.

[quote name='Thomas96'] I'm willing to bet (still) that 360 fans dont give a rats ass about MGS4, they just want it on their system to spite ps3 fans.[/QUOTE]
Your ignorance is baffling.

I'm going to buy a 360 and a copy of MGS4, and then place the disc on top of machine all in the name of spite.

Pictures will be taken. You know, for more spite.

Everyone wants their system of choice to do well... 360 fans know that getting exclusives away from Sony means good things for their system. PS3 fans know that losing exclusives is not an immediate positive for their system. If Gears of War is announced for the ps3 - I don't think 360 fans would be like " oh that's great news, now more fans will be able to enjoy our great game" LOL 360 fans were mad about Ninja Gaiden Sigma... and that game is old now...

[quote name='Thomas96']Everyone wants their system of choice to do well... 360 fans know that getting exclusives away from Sony means good things for their system. PS3 fans know that losing exclusives is not an immediate positive for their system. If Gears of War is announced for the ps3 - I don't think 360 fans would be like " oh that's great news, now more fans will be able to enjoy our great game" LOL 360 fans were mad about Ninja Gaiden Sigma... and that game is old now...[/quote]

I know exactly what you're trying to say Thomas, but in the end, I don't care what system's it's made for.

I will buy the PS3 version, no matter what, because of the sound and video.
If there's a 360 version, I'd pick it up for my little cousin.

[quote name='Thomas96']if they're so interested in this game, then just get a ps3.... or just learn to live without MGS4... you got lost planet, devil may cry, gears of war, mass effect, and all those other nice games... 360 fans wont' stop whining until all ps3 exclusives titles go to the 360. I'm willing to bet (still) that 360 fans dont give a rats ass about MGS4, they just want it on their system to spite ps3 fans.

Offer still on the table.. Gears of War for MGS 4.... I wonder how many 360 fans would go for that...[/QUOTE]

You seem to act like everyone gives a crap about some kind of system "war". They don't. People who have a 360 want to play MGS4, because it's likely to be a quality game. Many people who have a 360 would prefer not to own a PS3, not because they hate Sony, but because they don't want to spend almost $1000 on video game hardware.

Of course 360 owners would love to see MGS4 get ported, just like they would like any other quality PS3 exclusive to be ported. Vice versa is equally true. It has little to nothing to do with trying to support one system against another. It's wanting to play good games on the hardware one owns.

[quote name='strummerbs']You seem to act like everyone gives a crap about some kind of system "war". They don't. People who have a 360 want to play MGS4, because it's likely to be a quality game. Many people who have a 360 would prefer not to own a PS3, not because they hate Sony, but because they don't want to spend almost $1000 on video game hardware.

Of course 360 owners would love to see MGS4 get ported, just like they would like any other quality PS3 exclusive to be ported. Vice versa is equally true. It has little to nothing to do with trying to support one system against another. It's wanting to play good games on the hardware one owns.[/quote]

That's right Joe.

I want MGS4 on Xbox 360 since it will delay me buying a PS3 for at least a short while. I have to buy a PS3 once Final Fantasy XIII comes out but it looks like MGS4 will be coming out much sooner so I want it simply to delay having to spend 600 bones.

[quote name='strummerbs']You seem to act like everyone gives a crap about some kind of system "war". They don't. People who have a 360 want to play MGS4, because it's likely to be a quality game. Many people who have a 360 would prefer not to own a PS3, not because they hate Sony, but because they don't want to spend almost $1000 on video game hardware.

Of course 360 owners would love to see MGS4 get ported, just like they would like any other quality PS3 exclusive to be ported. Vice versa is equally true. It has little to nothing to do with trying to support one system against another. It's wanting to play good games on the hardware one owns.[/QUOTE]

I want to play some 360 games, and I'm going to get a 360, but I don't want to pay 399.99 for the premium pack, so I'm waiting... why is it so hard for 360 owners to do the same thing to play the PS3's exclusive titles... I don't expect people to pay 600 dollars for a system, but if the 600 dollar system has the games you want, then either buy the ps3, or wait for a price drop... People in this forum care about the war, because I'm arguing with 360 fans that don't even have PS3, on a PS3 forum...

[edit] - okay, so I shouldn't buy a 360, I'm just going to wait until mass effect, Gears of War, Lost Planet, Saints Row are released on the Playstation 3.

Offer still on the table.. Gears of War for MGS 4.... I wonder how many 360 fans would go for that...[/quote]Wow, console-envy much? 360 owners want MGS4 on their system not for spite, but so they can play it without spending another $600 on more hardware.

It's obvious from your posts that you're upset that there aren't more games on the PS3 right now. You've got three options: 1) Get a 360, 2) Sell your PS3 and get a 360, 3) Just settle down, wait, and the games will come.

If anyone wants that game on the 360 for spite, they're insane and really need to take stock of what their life has been and is going to be.

I have a feeling that if the PS3 got Gears and the 360 got MGS4, both sides would think, "Wait, we got all angry and made nasty forum posts for this? What the heck?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back