Ace Attorney Investigations (DS) $15.99 at Amazon

[quote name='Nohbdy']Capcom said they had no plans for the moment. That's not the same thing as "we're not going to bring it over".[/QUOTE]

You read too much Siliconera. They explicitly said "no" in the video and then further commented on their forums that they expected the costs would outweigh the return. It's not happening. This isn't a "teehee, no plans" like Catherine.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Capcom said they had no plans for the moment. That's not the same thing as "we're not going to bring it over".[/QUOTE]

Sven of Capcom USA said flat out it won't come out in America on DS. He left open the vague possibility of a downloadable or mobile release but that's it.

The poor sale or lack there of probably killed the second localization of miles edgeworth game.

I bought all five ace attorney game and the last one wasn't that good and memorable as the first four. Sad end to ace attorney game on ds. But can't wait for professor Layton meets phoenix wright game.

The Edgeworth game would have sold better if it had actually showed up in stores! It was a good 6 months after release before I actually saw a physical copy.

That being said, any PW fans should pick this up. I don't think it's quite as good, but it's still excellent.

Personally, I didn't like this one that much, and I love the Ace Attorney series. Part of what makes that series work is the big buildup to the courtroom, and without that it just sort of felt pointless. Also, the quirks of the series (unchangeable text speed, namely) were harder to overlook as a result of the fact that the game just wasn't quite as compelling.

That's just my reaction though - the game is worth checking out at this price, and you may end up with a warmer reaction to it than I did (I'm in the fourth case and have been for months with no real desire to finish it).

It was $9.99 before, but this price is ok. The game is only average, don't buy if you don't like/have never played the Phoenix Wright games.

[quote name='AsobiSeksu']It was $9.99 before, but this price is ok. The game is only average, don't buy if you don't like/have never played the Phoenix Wright games.[/QUOTE]

I know, but according to camelcamelcamel, it was only that price on one day. It went right back up and hasn't been lower than around $18 since.

I grabbed it because I'm worried it may go OOP at some point. I've never seen the game in stores so I'm not sure how widespread it is.

I just started playing this game last night. I only had a chance to play for a few minutes, but I just don't think I will enjoy it as much as the other Ace Attorney games. I've been playing them out of order: Trials and Tribulations, Justice for All, Apollo Justice, and now Investigations. Luckily I still have not played the original Ace Attorney game so I still have that to look forward to.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']The poor sale or lack there of probably killed the second localization of miles edgeworth game.

I bought all five ace attorney game and the last one wasn't that good and memorable as the first four. Sad end to ace attorney game on ds. But can't wait for professor Layton meets phoenix wright game.[/QUOTE]

On another site, someone with access to NPD lifetime sales data stated that Edgeworth sales were only slightly less than Apollo Justice, meaning that it still sold very well for a niche DS title, especially one that was supposedly difficult to find in stores. This pretty much reveals that Capcom's claims that localization of Edgeworth 2 being unprofitable are pretty much BS and that something else is influencing this stupid decision.

As for the deal itself, I enjoyed AAI more than JFA or AJ, so I'd recommend still getting it even though you're going to be taunted with a sequel you'll never get to play. It's solid in spite of the lack of courtroom sequences.

[quote name='aem']I've been playing them out of order: Trials and Tribulations, Justice for All, Apollo Justice, and now Investigations. Luckily I still have not played the original Ace Attorney game so I still have that to look forward to.[/QUOTE]

That's.... really weird. They're very serialized. You must be often confused or exposed to spoilers.

You have to play in order to understand the whole story. Because playing the final case of the third game ties into the 4th case of the first two game all to a very satisfying conclusion.

Fourth and fifth game stands itself. Its kind of side story. So playing those in itself is fine but if you want to get into it, I highly recommend playing in order. My opinion, the first is the best one of them all. Because it was the first of it's kind, intriguing story, likeable characters.

The first game is also available on iPhone. Usually around 5 bucks normally. But if you catch it on sale do buy it. One thing about the iPhone version is that, the game moves a little tad slower. Like the text, the menus moves slower than ds counterpart.

Hey guys, I have a question relating to this and the other Attorney games.

I gave my mother a DS a while back and she loves the Professor Layton games. She has a hard time using the D pad and buttons for long times but can play for a while with the Stylus.

Are the Ace games suitable for people with limited dexterity of the thumbs and fingers?

Thanks for any input.

[quote name='KneeKnee']Hey guys, I have a question relating to this and the other Attorney games.

I gave my mother a DS a while back and she loves the Professor Layton games. She has a hard time using the D pad and buttons for long times but can play for a while with the Stylus.

Are the Ace games suitable for people with limited dexterity of the thumbs and fingers?

Thanks for any input.[/QUOTE]

If your mum is seven feet tall, then it could be a problem. Other than that, it's fine.

[quote name='Vegan']That's.... really weird. They're very serialized. You must be often confused or exposed to spoilers.[/QUOTE]

Each game to me felt like it was built to be a stand alone game where you didn't necessarily have to have played the game before it. It seemed like stuff based on past events was explained enough so that everything made sense but that the spoilers were minor and nothing that would make playing the Phoenix Wright games backwards any less fun.

I think the extent of the spoilers were meeting people you defended before and bits and pieces here and there about past cases. Nothing was said that really told what happened or gave away the story. In fact it builds anticipation to go back and play old cases that have been mentioned and to see how Phoenix Wright got to know some people.

The reason I started with T&T is I heard good things about the series and saw the game for a really good price. Then I got hooked on that game and found a really good deal on Justice for All and so played that next.

[quote name='KneeKnee']Hey guys, I have a question relating to this and the other Attorney games.

Thanks for any input.[/QUOTE]

I would say the Ace Attorney series is one of the best examples of an enjoyable game that can a) be played entirely with the stylus and b) requires almost no reflexes whatsoever. Start with this first one, it is a fantastic game and gets you in the groove of things before playing the sequels.

Thanks guys. I think I am going to pick them up.

Do they need to be played in any order, or is each one a stand alone game?

[quote name='AsobiSeksu']^Agreed, no need for any button pressing aside from pressing start to save and quit.[/QUOTE]

And sometimes not even then!

[quote name='KneeKnee']Thanks guys. I think I am going to pick them up.

Do they need to be played in any order, or is each one a stand alone game?[/QUOTE]

they should be play in order

[quote name='crazydom2']Sven of Capcom USA said flat out it won't come out in America on DS. He left open the vague possibility of a downloadable or mobile release but that's it.[/QUOTE]

Did he mention 3DS? If not, they are probably going to release it for that. I honestly can't seem them not releasing it. These past 4 games have done well, haven't they?

The previous game is sitting in my backlog (and I got stuck in the third game...) but this is a great price. Probably going to wait for a deeper drop at this point.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Did he mention 3DS? If not, they are probably going to release it for that. I honestly can't seem them not releasing it. These past 4 games have done well, haven't they?[/QUOTE]

They've done okay, but it's tough to release a third party DS game now, simply because they get lost among the shovelware, and piracy is REALLY easy.

My hope is that there's no arbitrary size limit on 3DSWare games, so they can release it there.

Thanks OP! Finally grabbed this one. Maybe there will be a fan translation if the next one never comes out here... at least we can hope.

[quote name='henry00x']can anyone state the order of the games the series should be played?[/QUOTE]

PWAA
PWAA Justice for All
PWAA Trials and Tribulations
AJAA
MEAA Investigations

In other words, the same order they were released. I haven't actually played MEAA yet... Whackypedia says it's chronologically after PWAA T&T, so maybe you can skip AJAA in that case.

[quote name='cheeky']I am a big Phoenix Wright fan. Haven't played this yet. Is it as good as the first 3?[/QUOTE]
Yes, definitely as good as the first two. 3 is the best, of course.

[quote name='henry00x']can anyone state the order of the games the series should be played?[/QUOTE]
PW1-3 -> AJ -> AAI

Never played AJ, so I can't say for certain there's no references between the two. This game is somewhat standalone, with some small references to the other games. To be safe, just play in the above order.

bread's done
Back