Ace Combat 6 - Demo is up

It's probably going to be hard to find, like the AC5 bundle was. We only got 2 at my store, and we had 2 preorders (one of which was mine)...

I still can't get over how gorgeous this game looks, and all the detail put into it. Every missile and aircraft leaves trails of smoke in the sky, and during big dogfights you can see the sky criss-crossed with them. If you destroy an enemy, and fly through the explosion you can hear the debris hitting the cockpit.

Namco only lists EB, GS, and Amazon as carrying the bundles, but who knows. Back when AC5 came out, the bundles where supose to only be sold at GS, EB and Gamecrazy (I think), yet Frys had a few when I went there a week after release.

And I just got off a 12 hour session. Damndoes my but hurt from the damn piano bench. Anywho, the game is gourguous, though some of the characters could have had better designs. Game play though, is the same as any other ace combat. The support system, while useful, really doesn't add much to gameplay. Though the huge battles are sometimes fun. Story, well, not as bad as I would have thought. Though thing that annoyed my was the over use of the "Dance with an angel".

Can't comment on sound or music, as my sister was sleeping at the couch, so I had to turn down my whole sound system and rely on the subtitles. Contorl, well the new HOTAS setup seems to have a larger dead zone than the Flight Stick 2 which is really annoying. Online play, haven't tried much, but real people are a lot more chalanging. But jesus christ, the whoring of the F-22 is appalling. You can track one with the back up request, but everyone seems to be using that shit.

Anyways, that's my first impression of the game. I have mixed feeling really, it's not as bad as I tought, but it isn't that great either. It seems that most of the effort was put towards presentation above others.

I got the flight stick bundle and I enjoy it. It works well and adds to the enjoyment. My only complaint is that it is not made for big hands. My hand JUST makes it in there without being horribly uncomfortable and even then I often let my pinky dangle off the end to make it more comfortable. You don't need to use the suction cups as the thing is big and heavy enough, but you will need a flat surface to play on.

Man this game is fantastic. The graphics are just truly amazing. Missions are freaking hard though. Just love it when you got like 8 missiles locked on to you while you are trying to blow up a
flying airship.

bread's done
Back