ACE Combat: Assault Horizon for PS3 $24 (or Xbox for $4 more).

Thank you very much- purchased for the 360- I played the hell out of the first one - DAMN SHAME that the joystick doesn't work for it though- that means I'll still keep going back to Ace Combat 6 if only to use the joystick

[quote name='superhippy1986']Cough not worth it cough lol[/QUOTE]

As someone who loved the series on the PS2, and got this day 1, at a net of $35 on release week, I wholeheartedly agree. Considering how fast it's already dropped in price, I wouldn't be surprised to see it clearance early next year. Such a shame they had to mess to mess it up.

[quote name='superhippy1986']Cough not worth it cough lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah.. even as a fan of the series the mixed reviews and new direction for the franchise have kept me away from the new title. Maybe when it's $20 or on a two for $30 list.

speaking as someone with no allegiance to any flight games (the only other flight games I've owned are Snoopy Flying Ace and Crimson Skies), I loved this Ace Combat.

really intense. long story line. I finished the story campaign and put the game down temporarily (though friends are begging me to try the multiplayer which they say is awesome) because of so many other great games out there. But I will get back to the game eventually. It really was a fun time and I never play flight games.

I went ahead and bit, I've had a $20 credit since BF3 that wasn't getting used since I don't buy many new games and just wanted to get rid of it. Is the online community active for this title on the ps3?

I am not big on these games, but friend of mine has been asking about it and since I have a PS3 and he doesn't I figure I'll get it for him but also get to play it myself. A cheap Christmas gift, thanks OP.

Thanks OP I went ahead and pulled the trigger on Ace Combat for the 360. Been waiting on a drop below $30.

Although I noticed that a couple of other newer flight games were on sale also. Can't find much on reviews for them

Janes Advance Strike Fighters, released October 21, 2011.
$13.73 for the xbox360
http://www.amazon.com/Advance-Strike-Fighters-microsoft-xbox-360/dp/B005FYJ7GY/ref=pd_sim_vg_2

Air Conflicts, released September 27, 2011
$14.99 for the xbox360
http://www.amazon.com/Air-Conflicts-microsoft-xbox-360/dp/B004XIQOGY/ref=pd_sim_vg_2

Prices are a little more for PS3 and PC but I am wondering if I should pick these up?

I picked this up from BB at $29.99 shortly after release. First thing I recommend to anyone that gets this game is let it drop a tad more, you probably wont have to wait long. Second recommendation is to turn that bloody fly assist bs off, otherwise you wont really be flying.

[quote name='rpnguyen']I liked Ace Combat 4/5 for PS2 and 6 for 360. What's wrong with this one?[/QUOTE]

Try the demo. The demo really turned me off this series.

[quote name='friedram']Thank you very much- purchased for the 360- I played the hell out of the first one - DAMN SHAME that the joystick doesn't work for it though- that means I'll still keep going back to Ace Combat 6 if only to use the joystick[/QUOTE]

So the Hori stick and throttle that were sold in the AC6 bundle don't work with this game?

Really??? (/SethMeyers)

Please ignore those who throw negative comments at this game. Especially from "hardcore" Ace Combat fans too jaded and stubborn to accept any other kind of gameplay than the same old stale flight sim gameplay the series has been known for. The game takes the series in a new and dynamic direction. As far as this false assumption that a price drop instantly means the game sucks is borderline troll. Play the game and form your own opinion.

[quote name='Demon Soul']Try the demo. The demo really turned me off this series.[/QUOTE]

That's too bad because demos rarely showcase a game well.

[quote name='Jedah Doma']Please ignore those who throw negative comments at this game. Especially from "hardcore" Ace Combat fans too jaded and stubborn to accept any other kind of gameplay than the same old stale flight sim gameplay the series has been known for. The game takes the series in a new and dynamic direction. As far as this false assumption that a price drop instantly means the game sucks is borderline troll. Play the game and form your own opinion.[/QUOTE]

no kidding. a lot of these trollers don't own the game.

and how can people equate a sale with the quality of a title? TRU is selling Skyrim for $39. Man, that must be a POS title.

[quote name='Jedah Doma']Please ignore those who throw negative comments at this game.[/QUOTE]

Because there's only one valid point of view about this game. Or anything. Mine.

I did a little research, and some claim that the Ace Edge controllers do work with the game. I hope so. Namco sold and marketed the flighstick in the most recent iteration of the series, and loyal customers made a significant investment. This game may be "a new and dynamic direction" (do you work for Namco PR?) but you're still flying an aircraft, not riding a horse. Removing flightstick support would be a questionable design choice, to say the least.

I'm all for correcting misinformation. But these forums have a reply button so people can express their opinions about deals - positive and negative. It's your right to have blinders on - don't tell the rest of us what to do.

[quote name='Jedah Doma']Please ignore those who throw negative comments at this game. Especially from "hardcore" Ace Combat fans too jaded and stubborn to accept any other kind of gameplay than the same old stale flight sim gameplay the series has been known for. The game takes the series in a new and dynamic direction. As far as this false assumption that a price drop instantly means the game sucks is borderline troll. Play the game and form your own opinion.[/QUOTE]

Yup totally agree :applause:

I've gotten tired myself of the same predictable formula of this series. It's an overdue refresh and yes I own it and bought it the first day BB had it on sale on their website for $29.

[quote name='gantt']It's your right to have blinders on - don't tell the rest of us what to do.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I agree with your comments overall, but I find that part kind of funny. Only because you are telling him not to tell you what to do, you are basically saying "don't do what I just did". I just found that kinda funny.

[quote name='gantt']Because there's only one valid point of view about this game. Or anything. Mine.

I did a little research, and some claim that the Ace Edge controllers do work with the game. I hope so. Namco sold and marketed the flighstick in the most recent iteration of the series, and loyal customers made a significant investment. This game may be "a new and dynamic direction" (do you work for Namco PR?) but you're still flying an aircraft, not riding a horse. Removing flightstick support would be a questionable design choice, to say the least.

I'm all for correcting misinformation. But these forums have a reply button so people can express their opinions about deals - positive and negative. It's your right to have blinders on - don't tell the rest of us what to do.[/QUOTE]

It's funny that you're offering an opinion on a game you haven't tried. Expressing an opinion about something you have little knowledge is trolling.

Just like it's your right to rant, it's people's right to call you on your irrational behavior.

[quote name='dirtyvu']It's funny that you're offering an opinion on a game you haven't tried. Expressing an opinion about something you have little knowledge is trolling.

Just like it's your right to rant, it's people's right to call you on your irrational behavior.[/QUOTE]

1. I didn't offer an opinion on the game.
2. I played it at E3.
3. You're incapable of intelligent discourse. Goodbye.

[quote name='gantt']Because there's only one valid point of view about this game. Or anything. Mine.

I'm all for correcting misinformation. But these forums have a reply button so people can express their opinions about deals - positive and negative. It's your right to have blinders on - don't tell the rest of us what to do.[/QUOTE]

Did you miss the last line of my post? You might want to read it again. Ya know I'm feeling charitable tonight so I'll tell you what I said. I stated play the game for yourself. I'm encouraging people to play the game and form their own opinion of the game.

Do I work for Namco? I didn't realize having a semi-decent grasp on the English language somehow directly correlated to being a PR guy for Namco. Thanks for the heads up.:roll:

Just because you don't like the fact it's no longer a flight sim, something I'm glad Namco has changed, doesn't make it a bad game. Not for you, sure. It doesn't work with your joystick, sure. That does not make it a bad game.

bread's done
Back