Acer Aspire 3680-2682 14.1" Widescreen Notebook PC

JustBlaze

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
EC.ACA.AS36802682.2.jpg

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Acer-Aspire-14-1-Widescreen-Notebook-PC-3680-2682/sem/rpsm/oid/185211/catOid/-12963/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Is that any good? I thought $350 is a hell of a deal for this kind of a laptop, only downside is I never heard of the company.

A few questions:

Is this a good buy?
Is there a better buy? If so, please list here with link.
Is this company reliable and good?
Does it really come with a free printer, router, and software? As listed?

I need to know asap.. Thanks

Acer is definately a good company. They've actaully been making computers longer than Dell, so they've been around for a while. They're pretty popular in the budget-market right now.

As for the computer - it's a good price, but don't expect to do anything except browse the web and word processing. I havn't used a Celeron for a while, but I know they used to be bottom of the barrel and were really, horribly slow. If you want a computer that's going to last you more than a year before upgrading, you'll need something with a Dual-Core CPU.

If you want to keep it cheap, I'd go with something like this one. You get double the RAM, and a dual-core CPU, and (slightly) better video card. You won't be able to play any current games on it, but it'll perform much better and last longer before you'll need to upgrade.

Put XP on there right away. There's no way that thing could run Vista at a respectable speed. Otherwise, not too shabby, but nothing to brag about, aside from the price.

bread's done
Back