Achievements revealed for Halo 2 on Vista

[quote name='Renegade_Zero']Dunno if this should go in here or in pc forum[/QUOTE]
Why shouldn't it be here? I know I have Vista installed on my 360 right now.

And yes, they are putting achievements on some PC games.

The achievements for this game or way too easy/shitty, but I'll still be buying it.

[quote name='Dingleberry']they're putting achievements on pc games?[/quote]

its part of their "live anywhere" service. It was announced some time ago

Those achievements are pretty easy and obtainable at least unlike some games

(Shouldn't this be in the PC forum??)

Thank god they aren't "kill 1,000,000 players" or anything like the shit in GoW.

Killamonjaro and stuff like that should be in there, though. And more hidden achievments.

Those are far too easy to pick up with just a few playthroughs and mp games. Get a room of 6 people and basically every mp achievement could be accomplished in a half hour.

ya...and they can easily be set up such as the killtacular or kill someone with legandary achievement stuff. Just get some friends or your clan, they stand together, and you shoot a rocket by em...

If anyone was wondering if the new maps would be included on the Vista verision. They are, there's an ad on the latest OXM and it states it includes 2 new maps as well as a map editor to create your own and take them online.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If anyone was wondering if the new maps would be included on the Vista verision. They are, there's an ad on the latest OXM and it states it includes 2 new maps as well as a map editor to create your own and take them online.[/QUOTE]

That's odd, one of the people at Bungie came forward a little while ago and stated that the two new maps revealed for the Xbox / 360 WOULDN'T be included in Halo 2 Vista.

PC is getting exclusive maps all for its own, so unless Hang Em High and the other one were mentioend by name, Vista users aren't getting them. Not like it matters, someone will make them eventually.

The two new maps the PC is getting are Uplift and District.

And yea, this really should be in the PC forum, because it's been stated they aren't going to go back and add achievements to Halo 2 for the Xbox.

Those achievements are ok, but I won't be renewing my Live account for them... PC users only get multiplayer achievements when they pay for the service.

[quote name='Wolve11']It would be cool to see Halo 2 have achievements for the 360, although that's doubtful.[/QUOTE]

It's already been confirmed they won't do it.

This is just something to push people into getting Vista a little early. I'm gonna get Vista right before Halo 2 because the PC really has no straight up deathmatch FPS out there... it's all team based shit these days.

Which is awesome, but sometimes I just want to kill everyone.

They are also enhancing Halo 2's graphics as well.

Also, it's not Bungie doing this port (they are busy on Halo 3), it's a team called Hired Gun.

[quote name='Roufuss']That's odd, one of the people at Bungie came forward a little while ago and stated that the two new maps revealed for the Xbox / 360 WOULDN'T be included in Halo 2 Vista.

PC is getting exclusive maps all for its own, so unless Hang Em High and the other one were mentioend by name, Vista users aren't getting them. Not like it matters, someone will make them eventually.

The two new maps the PC is getting are Uplift and District.

And yea, this really should be in the PC forum, because it's been stated they aren't going to go back and add achievements to Halo 2 for the Xbox.

Those achievements are ok, but I won't be renewing my Live account for them... PC users only get multiplayer achievements when they pay for the service.[/quote]

They weren't mentioned by name, I just assumed. All it said is that it includes 2 new maps and the editor.

Condemned PC already have achievement. (guess they got lazy and never remove that from the x360 version). There is just no way for it to show up on windows live.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']They weren't mentioned by name, I just assumed. All it said is that it includes 2 new maps and the editor.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I did some digging, it's Uplift and District.

Uplift (Forerunner type map) - http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/halo-2/778206p1.html

District (urban warfare map) - http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halo2/news.html?sid=6168750&print=1

It's also been confirmed that you can play the game right away WHILE it's installing, you WON'T need the DVD again once you're done installing, it will have a custom map autodownloader, and that the graphics are enhanced.

The quote where Hang Em High and Tombstone aren't coming to the PC (right now):

Frankie from Bungie responded to a question I asked over on the H.B.O. forums. He stated that Hang 'Em High won't come to Vista "any time soon."

Lots of pictures here - http://halo2pc.org/

System requirements (pretty low):

Processor: 2 Ghz Pentium 4 class processor (or x64)
RAM: 1 GB
Hard Drive: 7 GB
Video Card: DX9 graphics card: WDDM driver, PS 2.0/32BPP, At least nVidia 6000 or ATI x700 or above
Online Multi-player: Internet connection for Games for Windows – LIVE
Drive: DVD-ROM drive

[quote name='PyroGamer']Thank god they aren't "kill 1,000,000 players" or anything like the shit in GoW.

Killamonjaro and stuff like that should be in there, though. And more hidden achievments.[/quote]

Yea I hate those ones...

Or they'd have like, "Kill CliffyB atleast 100 times".

Some people would like to unlock all achievements.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks for the links Roufuss.

I might buy this as soon as I get my new PC.[/QUOTE]

No problem!

I'm looking forward to it because, like I said earlier, there isn't really any free for all deathmatch FPS's on the PC anymore. Team based shooters are all the rage these days, so Halo 2 Vista is filling a big void.

I think it will sell well.

The new maps look decent as well!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If anyone was wondering if the new maps would be included on the Vista verision. They are, there's an ad on the latest OXM and it states it includes 2 new maps as well as a map editor to create your own and take them online.[/QUOTE]

Map Editor?! Damn it, wish M$ would release an 360 version of H2 with all of the Vista features and achievements.

25. Rainman
Play every available game variant, with at least 3 other players, to the end of each game.

Wouldn't that be impossible with the 1-on-1 varient?

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Map Editor?! Damn it, wish M$ would release an 360 version of H2 with all of the Vista features and achievements.
[/QUOTE]

You guys are getting Halo 3, I think it's an even trade off.

Us PC users will see Halo 3 in 2009.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Map Editor?! Damn it, wish M$ would release an 360 version of H2 with all of the Vista features and achievements.

Wouldn't that be impossible with the 1-on-1 varient?[/QUOTE]
Head to Head has been gone for a long time.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Roufuss, HL2: DM still has enough of a player base to make a good game.[/QUOTE]

Halo 2 is so close I'm just going to wait for that, and play some Battlefield 2142 in the meantime.

Everyone who is getting this needs to get Xfire so we can get some games going.

[quote name='Roufuss']Halo 2 is so close I'm just going to wait for that, and play some Battlefield 2142 in the meantime.

Everyone who is getting this needs to get Xfire so we can get some games going.[/QUOTE]

being that this is a windows for live game, I think it should have friends lists and all that good stuff covered.

[quote name='mr ryles']being that this is a windows for live game, I think it should have friends lists and all that good stuff covered.[/quote]

It will, thats what 'Live Anywhere' is all about. You use your same gamertag and you add to your X360 achievement score.

[quote name='mr ryles']being that this is a windows for live game, I think it should have friends lists and all that good stuff covered.[/QUOTE]

Eh... I've got no use for it for one game, when Xfire covers all of my PC games and has a built in instant messaging service. My friends list is mostly 360 users which does me 0 good.

Xfire > Live Anywhere, and probably will always be... I think the only two Live Anywhere games out this year are Halo 2 Vista and Shadowrun.

Hopefully I can just turn all the Live Anywhere shit off and not have it eat my memory.

Does anyone want to go through the multilayer achievements on Halo 2?

Add Patriot Ocelot if you do

bread's done
Back