Aching for some Summer Wii baseball action? THE BIGS coming 6/25

CouRageouS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
http://wii.ign.com/articles/790/790849p1.html
the-bigs-20070522042907037.jpg

For anyone not already familiar with The Bigs, it's a multi-console baseball title coming to you from 2K Sports as a mix between arcade baseball and classic 2K gameplay. The Bigs is all about big plays, big players, and tons of action from top to bottom. It isn't uncommon to walk up to the plate in the bottom of the first inning with bases loaded and the score reading 8-4. The Bigs moves faster than most MLB licensed titles, and it's a perfect fit for Wii because of it.
Baseball has been on my mind lately and I got a bit excited when I noticed this. I have faith in 2K sports but I don't like the sound of batting using the nunchuck. I'm desperate for some baseball action though so I'll at least give this a rental.

This games multiplatform too. Let's hope it doesn't suffer from the infamous "motion controls tacked on" syndrome.

Once the pitch is delivered, you'll swing the Wii remote to hit while aiming with the nunchuk's analog stick or holding the A button for a power swing.

The wiimote isn't good enough to use by itself? I'm guessing they needed the nunchuk for player movement on the field so they just used it for batting too.

They say the game lags when you swing and that is not good.

bread's done
Back