Action RPGs (Diablo clones)

BigPopov

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
me and my roommate are back into PC gaming lately, looking for some good action RPGs that are like Diablo. Games we've done / not interested in:

Diablo 1/2 - played them to death when they were new, can't get back into it
Magicka - have it, decent
Sacred 1/2 - played to death already
Torchlight - good, too bad was single player. waiting for TL2
Neverwinter - great game, done with it.

Is there anything I'm missing? Would prefer a newer release (within the past couple years). It seems really hard to sort through the mess that is game release schedules, considering how many are Big Fish / Flash casual games.

Man, there are so many.

You ever play Dink Smallwood? It's a parody Action RPG. It's on my list.

The Dungeon Siege series. III is the closest to Diablo. First ones have you in control of a part, though you can just ignore the other members and control 1 guy. They play like Diablo.

is co-op a make or break feature for you guys to play together? Darkspore might work for you, its just not as good as Torchlight to me but it does have co-op. Also can give Guild Wars a shot.

Titan Quest + Immortal Throne Expansion times a thousand!

I remember reading the creators of it are working on a spiritual successor (can't remember the name).

[quote name='crystalklear64']The Dungeon Siege series. III is the closest to Diablo. First ones have you in control of a part, though you can just ignore the other members and control 1 guy. They play like Diablo.[/QUOTE]

Dungeon Siege play anything like the demo ... it felt so linear and pathed.

The best d2 clone, imo, is Titan Quest. I also found the graphics to be surprisingly great. I would get the camera mod though that zooms out farther so ranged characters can see more of the map.

[quote name='strikeratt']Dungeon Siege play anything like the demo ... it felt so linear and pathed.[/QUOTE]

DS1 It is pretty linear...it's like leading your party down a long tube with some dead-end side-tubes along the way. That being said, I enjoyed it and played it all the way through + the expansion. I generally don't care for party based RPGs, but this one, you could set up your party to ambush and then take one character to pull in monsters to the killing ground 1 or 2 at a time...such fun!

DS2 is very similar. I didn't get very far in this one because they dumbed down the party combat control (no more ambushes), so I tried to solo it and got stuck at some monsters I couldn't deal with.

The Titan Quest guys new game is called Grim Dawn, you can actually pre-order it now to support the development at various levels. Also TQ is a cool game.

I think the major ones have been listed now

bread's done
Back