Activision giving away 500 demo kits of DJ Hero

I figured that, but trial instead of the word demo made me think theyd ask for the turntable back later or something.

I guess I just don't trust blatantly free stuff....

I wonder if this was sparked because of low sales? I'm not very interested because of the track listing but hey, free is free.

Yeah, I was kinda surprised that they would be giving away actual controllers. It's a pretty good deal if you already have the game and want a second controller for some two player action.

LOL, I try to register a new user name to enter: "there's already a user with that email address"
I try to recover my password for this supposed user by entering my email address: "The email/username information submitted could not be found"

[quote name='gkrykewy']LOL, I try to register a new user name to enter: "there's already a user with that email address"
I try to recover my password for this supposed user by entering my email address: "The email/username information submitted could not be found"[/QUOTE]

I got the same thing. Just make a new account with a different e-mail, and it'll work.

Either way, thanks OP, entered.

Yeah, hoping at least one CAG gets one... Although I can't see many other people knowing about this. XP Thanks, OP! :D

EDIT: Uhhhh... I registered at the page to enter the trial, but I never actually submitted an entry or anything. So when I tried to enter my address, phone number, etc., it said I had already entered. Did that happen to everyone else?

Hmmm...despite me registering a new username for Activision, it says I already registered for the Sweepstakes? Weird how that works.

I've still never played DJ Hero, hopefull I'll get the chance to...wricka-wricka!!

For those wondering, these are the same kits that retail stores have on display. The wired turntable and a copy of the demo which has about three mix-ups if I remember correctly.

I had the same problem signing up as most people. Finally got it to work, but not sure how.
Hope I win, I could use a 2nd turntable for multiplayer

I actually tried to make a new account, and the verification email they sent is blank. Ugh. Will have to try later.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Yeah, hoping at least one CAG gets one... Although I can't see many other people knowing about this. XP Thanks, OP! :D

EDIT: Uhhhh... I registered at the page to enter the trial, but I never actually submitted an entry or anything. So when I tried to enter my address, phone number, etc., it said I had already entered. Did that happen to everyone else?[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me, so are we entered?

[quote name='hypertails02']Hmmm...despite me registering a new username for Activision, it says I already registered for the Sweepstakes? Weird how that works.

I've still never played DJ Hero, hopefull I'll get the chance to...wricka-wricka!![/QUOTE]

Got both problems some seem to have, my email was not found on their database but an "account" exist for that email and also it says I already registered even though I never did. What the hell, won't try any more, but the sites interface sucks.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Well over 1000 views. I'm sure this is dead now.[/QUOTE]

It's a sweepstakes, not first come, first served.

I can't even get logged in to register, it tells me I need to create an account, so I try to and it says my email address already has an account; but then I go to have it send me a password reset, it tells me there's no account registered to my email address.

I know I could just make a new account, but I hate having accounts running amuck everywhere.

Same thing happened to me, pressed submit so the sweeptakes entry must've went in fine. Thanks OP, it would be awesome to win this.

[quote name='Xenokai']= Id never buy the game but free demo with free controller uh yea?[/QUOTE] my thoughts too

Stupid site doesn't accept my existing Activision registration, so I try to register a new account and it tells me there is already an account with that email address. (YA THINK?!?) I ask it to send me my forgotten password and it says there is no address in their system. WHAT! THE! fuck?!?!?

bread's done
Back