Activision giving away 500 demo kits of DJ Hero

[quote name='weaselbelly']I got a call back tonight, from a guy in their Printing department (I assume this is also their shipping department). He told me the DJ Hero Demo packages had already shipped and I should expect it on Monday, December 21st. I asked him how it could have shipped to me when they didn't have my address, and he said, "uh, yeah, that's a good point." So then he asked me my name and email address and looked me up on what seemed to be a list of contest winners. He then asked me for my address and said that he'll make sure that the onw assigned to me is sent out to my correct address and that I should still receive it by Monday, December 21st.

The solution surprised me since he said they'd already been shipped, so my guess is that they simply shipped the ones they had addresses for and the other ones are just sitting in the corner of a warehouse on a pallet. I'm also surprised he said i'd still get it on Monday.[/QUOTE]

I am trying to get in touch with them via e-mail, but I guess I should try calling, if that's what worked for you. Thanks for sharing.

Man, what a pain.

I got mine yesterday and it was for 360. It's tough to find a retail copy of the game by itself, anyone have any suggestions?

The closest I've seen is a seller on Ebay selling the full retail kit, but the turntable is damaged or broken for $30-$40...which I figure is a decent price just to get the game and throw away the broken turntable.

If you can track down a used copy at GS, it's $60, I believe, for the game and turntable. That's damn good if you want to play with friends.

As for just the game, eBay is unfortunately the best route. $40 for the game and a broken turntable isn't bad, depending on what the damage is. You might be able to crack it open and get it to work.

I got a demo unit today via 2-day UPS. At first I didn't know what it was as I usually have packages delivered to work and the From part of the label didn't list Activision or anything familiar. I saw on the other side of the box what it was. I didn't even remember signing up for it.

Got mine today, first time any of my mail had been addressed to sdawg,lol. It's actually surprisingly fun once you get the hang of it, so I might pick up a cheap copy of the full game if I can find it somewhere. Unfortunately I couldn't find a calibration option so I have to hit the buttons/crossfader a split second before its in position on the screen.

Can anyone confirm that the wireless controller works with the full game? There isn't necessarily a guarantee that the full game is coded to talk to the wired controller.

Hm, I would think it would work as there would be the same signals being sent that are unique to the controller. It shows up as GH5 wired turntable on my pc, so DJ Hero should recognize it as a turntable and I wouldn't see why they would code the game to only work with a wireless one, well actually I can see since it since its Activision ;).

Honestly, I could definitely see them making sure these don't work with the full game, so that if any of us really like the game, we have to go out and buy the full kit, not just try and find a used copy of the game somewhere.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Honestly, I could definitely see them making sure these don't work with the full game, so that if any of us really like the game, we have to go out and buy the full kit, not just try and find a used copy of the game somewhere.[/QUOTE]

This was my concern, basically. I mean, I'm thinking to myself "yeah, of course it works," but then again, Activision really are complete bastards, so that's why I wanted to double check.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Can anyone confirm that the wireless controller works with the full game? There isn't necessarily a guarantee that the full game is coded to talk to the wired controller.[/QUOTE]

It looks like everyone who didn't get there kit last week has gotten it today. Sweet! Mine also came in as well. I'll be glad to test out the functionality of the wired controller with the full game. I'm at work right now but if someone hasn't beaten me to it I'll let you guys know.

Woo-hoo I got one. I never win anything. I was disappointed when everyone got email confirmations last week and I didn't. I was hoping UPS might possibly drop one off Monday night and they just did. Now I need to find the full retail disc for sale.

Got my demo kit today, I can confirm that the wired turntable works with the full version. Tried it out in 2 player mode with one wired and one wireless turntable.

Received notification of a package in my apartment complex's office. Didn't get an e-mail but I'm not expecting anything from anyone so I'm wondering if I didn't manage to score one of these.

[quote name='mitch079']Received notification of a package in my apartment complex's office. Didn't get an e-mail but I'm not expecting anything from anyone so I'm wondering if I didn't manage to score one of these.[/QUOTE]

Odd I got a package confirmation today as well without an email. I was assuming it was an Christmas gift (none of my family is local) but who knows. Either way packages are good. Of course I can't hit the post office until after Christmas, having only Christmas day off pretty much blows goats.

[quote name='GenDV138']Got my demo kit today, I can confirm that the wired turntable works with the full version. Tried it out in 2 player mode with one wired and one wireless turntable.[/QUOTE]
Cool thanks for the update! I need to find a copy now, cheapest I've seen on ebay is at $52 still in bidding status. May be better to fnd a full kit and have 2 turntables, guess I'll see if I even like it first.

If any of you that won one want some free stickers, you can register your turntable serial here and it apparently goes through as if you had a retail bundle.

Edit: Maybe not, I just entered gibberish and it accepted it,lol.

I know it doesn't do anything, but joining both platters onto each side of the mixer kinda gives me high hopes for the next DJ Hero.

IMG_0717.jpg

Oh yeah, quick note. For some reason on the wired controllers they decided to place a screw where the mixer and the platter join together. So you lefty players out there don't go tearing up your new controllers before you get to use it. :)

IMG_0718-1.jpg

@becuzimbrown nope, I believe its over now, sorry.

@bluemarcell I saw that too when I was looking over the controller, they also kept the sync button, although it obviously doesn't do anything.

[quote name='BlueMarcell']I know it doesn't do anything, but joining both platters onto each side of the mixer kinda gives me high hopes for the next DJ Hero.[/QUOTE]

They need to have this, and get rid of the stupid green, orange, and blue buttons (seriously, IRL records do not have buttons on them). DJ Hero is fun and all, but I really think they just totally screwed up the basic gameplay mechanic, by going with the face buttons. There is one simulated record on the controller, and yet, the buttons on top of it are what represent the two different music sources.

Basically, I just want a home version of Crackin DJ, dammit! Two turntables, 1 mixer, that's it.

My buddy got one and is giving it to me (he doesn't have a 360). As far as I know, I didn't get one, but I'm out of town... so, maybe I did.

[quote name='Ocajavati']Damn. Would have been nice to get one of these.

I'm not born lucky. D:[/QUOTE]

Starving kids in Ethiopia would disagree. :D

bread's done
Back