Activision giving away 500 demo kits of DJ Hero

YES!!!! Thanks soooo much Gen, you sir ARE a boss! The registration seemed to actually work this time. So I should be getting one *crosses fingers, and hopes he didn't just jinx himself*

And it seems like people got their kits approximately 25 days from when the registration was posted. So if the same holds true for us, we will be getting 'em around January 20!

Thanks once again Gen!! =D

Thanks Gen. I successfully registered. Hopefully I get one. I've really been wanting to try this out but wasn't sure if I wanted to drop the full 90 or so bucks.

Thanks a lot Gen, missed out last time, or the registration just didn't go through. Hope I get one this time, seems so many got it last time.

Well, I tried searching for the game only on eBay, since after playing the demo for an hour or so, I can now play all songs on Hard and the game is really fun, even with the 3 songs on the demo.

However, eBay doesn't seem like much of a place; I bid on a game only, and my bid was $65.00... by the end of the night / auction, it was up to $70+ for the game itself. So, you're better just buying DJ Hero with a turntable for around $80 (this turntable is wired, and DJ Hero retail comes with a wireless one); since for $10 more, you get the game, and a wireless turntable.

I also asked RedOctane if they'd release a game-only version, and they told me no in the e-mail, but maybe if some CAG's persist, they may add it. ;)

Wow, that is ridiculous. They're not selling just the game by itself anywhere. I even checked Amazon and Gamestop. But there must be somewhere that has to be selling it individually. And I really doubt that there is no single Gamestop that doesn't have a used single copy.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Wow, that is ridiculous. They're not selling just the game by itself anywhere.[/quote]
They never did. It's always been sold as the bundle, and the just the disc has never officially been sold by itself.

I even checked Amazon and Gamestop. But there must be somewhere that has to be selling it individually.
Try here. :)

And I really doubt that there is no single Gamestop that doesn't have a used single copy.
Gamestop is requiring all trade-ins of the game to include the controller, so they wouldn't have just the game disc. If they have any used copies, it'll be the whole kit.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']They never did. It's always been sold as the bundle, and the just the disc has never officially been sold by itself.

Try here. :)

Gamestop is requiring all trade-ins of the game to include the controller, so they wouldn't have just the game disc. If they have any used copies, it'll be the whole kit.[/QUOTE]

Read my post; we did try eBay. It's a no-go. That's what his response was to; my post regarding the eBay prices on it.

Thanks, Gen! I registered the first time, but guess I wasn't picked. This time the site actually works (and asks for an address right there), so I'm more hopeful.

Oddly enough, my friend just got a 360 and wanted a 1-year code, so I sold him my spare one from the Buy.com sale (which was supposed to be a gift for another friend, haha, not anymore!); and found a DJ Hero kit on eBay for $75 shipped. Like new; with game and turntable.

That's $4 more then what the game alone went for the other day. I'm going to send my demo kit to another friend once I receive my new one (and -$30 my friend gave me for the XBL code, making it $45 in total out of pocket). Very fun game.

[quote name='LoganDX']it's like crack, the first hit is free but you want more? Ya, you're gonna pay...[/QUOTE]
LOL, so true, after playing my demo kit I went out and bought a kit today from Gamestop, it was just that good IMO! Now I have a second turntable for friends to play also.

I'm confused...I registered twice? I registered a while ago, not the one from the start of the topic, but the newer one on the day Activision got more demos to give out...
The site asked me to register again...
Hmm...

Registration is still open, but i feel the chances of getting one are getting slimmer and slimmer... here's hoping

I registered today. Let me get this straight...some CAG's didnt receive any confirmation and just got a package in the mail? I wonder if this will work out. Hopefully I just forget about it and find a pleasant surprise in the mail.

[quote name='KevinMassacre'] Hopefully I just forget about it and find a pleasant surprise in the mail.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I was hoping. But if any of us do get it, we should received the confirmation email on Jan. 20th.

Create a brand new account?

My account from the first wave appears to have signed in and registered successfully this time around. But, having been burnt the last time I also made a new account and signed my neighbor up. If I don't get one, it won't be from lack of trying. Good luck to everyone who missed out on the first wave.

fuckin activision didnt include Canada so I gave my Canadian address but stated the state as OH which is the closest to ON.I still hope I get it :p

I just re registered. Really hoping to win one.... I am sooo interested in this game, but $120 is rediculous...

[quote name='Brother Daz']LOL, so true, after playing my demo kit I went out and bought a kit today from Gamestop, it was just that good IMO! Now I have a second turntable for friends to play also.[/QUOTE]

So, I'm guessing the wired controller works just fine with the regular game, then?

I hope a lot of CAG's win. If you don't like it you can put it on EbAy. They are selling from $30 to $50 on ebay.

someone needs to offer up their wired turntable as community property... send it from CAG to CAG in order to get the local multiplayer achievement...

there's a DJ Hero achievement that requires 2 turntables playing on the same console. it's not easy to get unless you have a friend who also buys the game, but not everyone is that lucky.

we should work up a list and pass around one of the free wired turntables from CAG to CAG so we can all have a chance at that achievement. i've entered the contest, and would glady offer mine up if i won... but i haven't yet... so unless someone wants to do it first...

most complicated boosting ever...

Not many people are going to want to waste $10+ on shipping the turntable for a 10 point achievement. Still lame of the DJ Hero devs to put such an achievement in the game as for many this will be impossible to achieve until a possible DJ Hero 2 is released.

It's the sweepstakes that never ends...

Just entered a 2nd time with a different address AND got entry confirmation (not like last time). Coincidentilly, I just got one of those "Sorry, we've missed you" sheets from the Post Office saying they have a package for me that was delivered in early December (when the first kit was being mailed out). Maybe I'll get two trial kits??

bread's done
Back